Should Hanzo one-shot?

Mei: who cares
Ana: ok but
Havana: “much”
skill: he has an OHK, unscoped, on his primary.

No, he absolutely should not.

How would you implement the change? The most simple would be to remove his ability to crit, and then increase damage to compensate. Say 150 for standard arrow, and 90 for storm arrow?

As long as any weapon require charging to shoot at full damage, it should have the potential to 1-shot, especially if a head shot is require to perform it.

Yes he should, cause Hanzo is more skillful than Widow or Ashe.

I’m pretty sure the devs have said hanzo has the second-smallest projectiles in the game (after genji I think? maybe that’s just me guessing?)

Edit: found it.

1 Like

Ashe doesn’t. 7 characters required

Yes. It takes 1.25 seconds to charge Hanzo’s arrows. Prior to that you’re not gonna get the full damage on it and hitting a headshot at any meaningful range is hella impressive. On top of that it’s a projectile and the travel time has already been nerfed. The fact that Ashe is doing exponentially better in a double sniper meta also says a lot about his current power level.

what people don’t understand is his projectile hitbox is a small ball at the tail end of his arrows. This was discover thanks to the help of the workshop.

if roadhog is allowed to one shot, why in the hell wouldnt hanzo, an actual dps, be allowed to?

stop.

1 Like

He can one shot, but I think he needs fall off. So he’s more of a Flanking Sniper who’s better for close to mid range, a different space to play in than Widow.

That and he should have a reload, pull 5 arrows to shoot with, like some old school archer.

I want his old speed which we have now.

I put him on the bench bc it was unplayable for me, as i play by his old speed.

Additionaly, i can’t hit anything with this dumb storm arrows. :sweat_smile:

Blizzard litteraly made him viable and gutted him in my eyes.

Give genji a sniper and you’d probably never see a hanzo again.

yes, and in his current state hanzo is one of the worst dps in the game.
this is a pointless thread.

I suppose the calculation is of how much work he needs to do for 200+ damage w.r.t. other characters. One button, no scope, no cooldown, etc. He’s doing alright, I’d say.

hanzo is a prediction charchter widow just gotta look at the dude cmon man unless you spam in chokes hanzo takes skil btw im a hanzo main.

Aww…sorry to hear that dude :confused:

Just play him alot, u will get used to it. The arrows are falling off now, but can be quite accurate on close / mid-close fights. Also make sure to use Sonic alot, u can get alot of sneaky headshots on unprepared flankers.

Best feel ever when u play Hanzo into a Pharmercy, and u kill them and get praised for being a b1tch to play against :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m more a hitscan player, widow is my choice in that case.

I mean i once got 2 kills with SA and flipped out. :sweat_smile:

I basically use it to burn shields…

But i like his speed revert a lot. :blush:
Played him a lot back in the days.
Even though i suck at wall climb.

Especially in double sniper, sonic is op af. :sweat_smile:

Yes.

You’re completely right, but its actually a bit more than skill, too. Hanzo’s arrows are weird projectiles, they need to have a ton of damage because the average Hanzo will be missing more than they’re hitting. Reducing their damage to the point where they can’t one shot on a headshot would be dramatically reducing his effectiveness.

There’s fights where, as Hanzo, you only get so many confirmed shots on a target. That one shot, be it luck or skill, might be the only shot you get on a Genji or Doomfist that’s pushing you.

There shouldn’t be non-ultimate or non-damageboosted one shots in game in the first place, but ok…

sighs :persevere: