Servers down for arcade

my whole party was disconnected, in queue to reconnect 4000+ in front of us

4 Likes

Me too, but 2000 in front of me.

Edit: Just got into the game no experimental card.

same for quickplay. I think its because they implemented the experimental card.

Hey everyone, I just saw the same thing too, Blizzard Customer Service is investigating. However it appears the problem has resolved since. This is not limited to the arcade game mode.

UPDATE

1 Like

Same. Don’t know what’s going on. TF2, and CS:GO were hacked today too. Probably best to stay away from overwatch until we figure something out.

Pleasw tell me no one loses SR if they were in comp

What about our ranked games, I got dced in one…

1 Like

based on previous instances like that… your SR is gone. Sorry

YAY! 6k players ahead of me!

Mine went from 5000 ahead of me down to 2k back up to 4k lol

Most likely yes as a problem like this is more than likely related to a network provider between you and the game server, and not the game server itself. See this topic for details about how Blizzard handles leaver penalties with issues like this:

But everyone got booted, so it’s not just my connection. It’s clearly the servers and you shouldn’t punish players for it

Everybody’s having DCs and in the last game my whole group got put into the new ME servers despite us being EU players. It was a horrible experience.

1 Like

this is obviously game servers, given the queue ahead of us. we all get down to first in queue, then end up with a failure and back to 5000+

You don’t understand, a server is a computer that controls a handful of different games (not everyone) at the same time. This was a network disruption that took place close to the game servers affecting a lot of players at once and that is directly outside of Blizzard’s immediate control.

This is why the starting penalty is only 10 minutes for Competitive Play, furthermore your hidden MMR will not be affected, so as long as you don’t leave any more games, it only takes two to five games of Competitive to get the skill rating back to where you should be (win or lose).

Every internet provider in the world can say they had no problems
Someone at Blizzard could shut the server off, dismantle it, put it back together, or unplug it to make coffee and you still, wouldn’t get your SR back.

Unfortunately, it is gone

But if you know for a fact that a region is affected, shouldn’t that constitute a rollback? and if a rollback isn’t available, guess they should’ve implemented one the last 15 times

Imagine punishing your players for something you did

-this message brought to you by the Blizzard gang

2 Likes

my fb stream, going live while we wait for issue to resolve
www dot fb dot com slash strykerman5000

The problem is the difficulty of a rollback in terms of a technical execution. Its not like they can hit a button and poof. Furthermore, NOT everyone in a region would necessarily be affected so there is the argument if it is fair to those who did not disconnect. Again, it is EASY TO RECOVER YOUR SR as long as you do not leave games consistently.