Serious FPS drops after Winter Wonderland patch?

I’m dropping frames like crazy as well. My two year old laptop usually runs at 70 FPS in game but it drops to about 35-40 randomly. It’s super annoying. Please fix.

1 Like

Same spec as you, although I cap my FPS at 150fps . Seeing frames drop to 120 fps in QP sometimes

I have heard this is related to the headphone audio change.

1 Like

I wasn’t able to spot any options regarding the audio change. But the constant sound glitches suggests it was applied passively and it might be the culprit.

i dont have good PC with i5 4760k and 1060 gtx … at Training map i was hitting almost 300fps on low settings , now im at 150fps … and GPU usage is barely hiting 10% , when i go to ultra i have same fps and about 50% gpu usage

1 Like

So it definitely seems to be something among the lines of the game engine not pulling enough resources.

this fixed it for me

1 Like

You fkn hero! <3 I’ll try it tonight.

I’m having the same issue, I also noticed that my GPU is running a lot cooler than usual. doesn’t seem to be going over 50C when it’s usually around 69C

1 Like

Exactly same. IMO OW doesn’t load full GPU power after this patch.

1 Like

V-sync seems to help a bit. And also the spatial sound fix too

I have an 8 core FX 8350 + GTX 770 4GB and usually I’m able to run the game smoothly at around 240 fps, but since my monitor is 75Hz I have the frame rate locked at 85. WTH, after the WInter patch, it constantly drops to 30s every 15 seconds or less. It used to be smooth 85, GAME IS UNPLAYABLE NOW! Plus it doesn’t even feel like 30 fps either, it’s an infernal lag…

1 Like

got a new computer for black friday, 8700k 16gb3200mhz ram, gtx1070

lost out on over 100 fps…went from 300 to 170, sometimes as low as 150

why in the world would I want to play overwatch under these conditions ROFL

1 Like

Same here… huge drop and stuttering ://

1 Like

Yeah I went from 250-300fps to 100 with this patch. Had to turn on vsync for the tear/stutter. urgh it’s almost unplayable.

1 Like

Supposedly. Enabling Windows Spatial Sound from the sound device settings on Windows does the trick. Haven’t tried it yet. Success rate TBD.

My computer usually runs at 240 FPS with ultra graphics turned on. But now, I’m not even getting 10 FPS and I have the lowest possible settings and reduced buffering plus vsync. This has just started happening due to this update and it’s ridiculous.

3 Likes

Don’t bother, it won’t doesn’t help anything.

2 Likes

That drop sounds like a far bigger issue than what is being reported after the update.

Are the rest of your games running alright?

1 Like

It’s related to the spatial audio ‘feature’ they added in… Something that was completely unnecessary. Devs are ignoring the forums though. Otherwise this would have been looked into already.

2 Likes

On my PC is disabled so…
i7700 with 1080

1 Like