Serious FPS drops after Winter Wonderland patch?

After the latest patch yeah, from 300 to 110! and little input lag, Blizzard fix this issue as soon as possible.:scream::cold_face:

2 Likes

I also lost 60 fps after the winter wonderland patch… used to run this game at high settings with 150 fps but now running 100 fps…

1 Like

Same issue here. I used to get a solid 144Hz at vsync. Now it runs at 100 - 120.

EDIT: My system is a dual Intel Xeon X5677 (3.46GHz, 2x quad-core), 24GB of RAM, NVIDIA GTX 1080. Also, after starting up the game a few hours later, I seem to be back to my normal frame rate. So odd…

1 Like

Happened to me too. Before patch my avg fps was 240 and now 190 so lost 50 fps

1 Like

Omg, thank god it’s not just me…

2 Likes

Yeah was at 60 fps now im like at 4 fps

7 Likes

exactly! also getting lag spikes / the game is just not running smoothly but all only happens after the winter update. how disappointing. yeti hunter also bugs out where winston gets ult again 1 sec after his ult finishes. not just once either!
please fix this.

3 Likes

Same here, i get to a low 30 sometimes…stuttering visible

1 Like

Same here. Sometimes even as low as 90 fps where it was at a consistent 144 fps before (190 fps without vsync).

1 Like

Same here… FPS is normal at start of match but drops significantly during skirmishes.

1 Like

I’m dropping frames like crazy as well. My two year old laptop usually runs at 70 FPS in game but it drops to about 35-40 randomly. It’s super annoying. Please fix.

1 Like

Same spec as you, although I cap my FPS at 150fps . Seeing frames drop to 120 fps in QP sometimes

I have heard this is related to the headphone audio change.

1 Like

I wasn’t able to spot any options regarding the audio change. But the constant sound glitches suggests it was applied passively and it might be the culprit.

i dont have good PC with i5 4760k and 1060 gtx … at Training map i was hitting almost 300fps on low settings , now im at 150fps … and GPU usage is barely hiting 10% , when i go to ultra i have same fps and about 50% gpu usage

1 Like

So it definitely seems to be something among the lines of the game engine not pulling enough resources.

this fixed it for me

1 Like

You fkn hero! <3 I’ll try it tonight.

I’m having the same issue, I also noticed that my GPU is running a lot cooler than usual. doesn’t seem to be going over 50C when it’s usually around 69C

1 Like

Exactly same. IMO OW doesn’t load full GPU power after this patch.

1 Like

V-sync seems to help a bit. And also the spatial sound fix too