Serious FPS drops after Winter Wonderland patch?

Am I the only one?

I’m talking about 40-60 FPS dropped out of nowhere since the patch.

25 Likes

I also lost 60 FPS after the patch. I am running an i7-6700K, GTX 1080 TI, 16GB of DDR4 RAM on an SSD.

Was always getting a solid 150FPS before the patch and now I get 90FPS with constant dipping. The game is now unplayable. And with my current setup it should never be this bad ever. My PC is over kill for this game and yet it hardly runs it now.

Also running a 144HZ monitor so anything under 120FPS is so laggy. Fix your game Blizzard because this is ridiculous now.

6 Likes

I always do a benchmark using 12 Zarya’s on point 3 of Oasis to see what performance impact the patches have. Here’s what I’m seeing from before and after today’s patch:

Patch 1.30.01 (Nov 14th 2018)

Average framerate : 224.9 FPS
    Minimum framerate : 198.2 FPS
    Maximum framerate : 248.7 FPS
    1% low framerate : 166.9 FPS
    0.1% low framerate : 121.0 FPS

Patch 1.31.01 (Winter Wonderland 2018)

Average framerate : 206.7 FPS
    Minimum framerate : 191.2 FPS
    Maximum framerate : 219.9 FPS
    1% low framerate : 156.9 FPS
    0.1% low framerate : 74.0 FPS
6 Likes

Thought it was my PC

5 Likes

Well… I also see tons of players ingame complaining about it…

I’m on a 7700k + 32gb DDR4 + 1070 installed in SSD. Consistent 144 HZ all the time even with the Zarya test (I do it as well). It drops to 100 midgame and I’ve seen it close to 60 midfight. It stutters a lot and it’s annoying.

3 Likes

8600k + 8gb DDR4 at 3000mhz + rx580 on m.2. Running at 240hz running at 75% resolution
My avg fps before was 250+ and now my avg fps is averaging out at 140 with spikes up to 270 and down to 90. I know blizzard likes to try to place blame on everybody but themselves, so it’s probably my PC and not their buggy update.

2 Likes

Lost 100 fps myself.

4 Likes

Got the same problem

2 Likes

Huh, I thought it was only me.

My game struggled to run at 160fps average before the patch, probably because of my DDR3 ram (i5-6500, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, GTX 1060 6GB), but now it’s gotten to 110 average. Did everything I had in mind to fix it, I couldn’t.

Now I get the same fps no matter if I’m running something in the background or everything is closed, even explorer.exe

I did notice that the game is not using all the CPU available. It’s using 75% of my CPU when it used to use 99% all the time during gameplay. This has to be related.

3 Likes

I was thinking it was my PC as well but it seems like a lot of people are having this issue.

I was hitting the 300fps game engine cap with no issue in the training area and getting above 250fps in QP but now after patch, I get only 230fps max in the training area and around 120fps in QP.

Running a AMD Ryzen 7 1800X, 16GB DDR4 and a GTX1080.
All my stuff is up to date including Bios and Drivers.

1 Like

I’m semi glad it’s not just me. FPS stuttering, drops to 70-80 (avg 140). And the kill cam lock up has returned. Happy Holidays indeed

3 Likes

I used to start at 300 fps and it’ll drop to somewhere around 200+ fps. After the Winter Wonderland Patch, my FPS tops at around 132 fps with the same exact settings. I’ve reinstalled my gpu driver and double checked my in-game settings, yet the fps issue is still there. Thanks for the cool skins, but Blizzard please do something about this since there are numerous users reporting the same problem here.

2 Likes

After the patch, my gpu uses only about half of what it used to run at.

2 Likes

Same. I get 280 fps normally, 300 in 50 percent of the maps. Training center is easy 300 fps as well but with the recent update I get 230 in training center and 140 in matches. I don’t know what the cause is but Blizzard needs to address the issue and fix it immediately. Seems like most users aren’t affected by it so I’m wondering whether reinstalling the game will fix the problem.

1 Like

Dropped by almost 100 here too.

1 Like

Same here. Fps dropped to basically less than 10, weird stuff. o3o

1 Like

Same, used to get solid 120ish fps. Now dropped to <10.
i5-6600k, 8gb, RX480 8gb.

1 Like

Same with me. Day before patch it ran at a smooth 144 with almost never a frame drop, even in crazy team fights. Now since the winter wonderland overwatch 2018 patch, it’s been dropping to as low as 60 frames even without crazy team fights. And even sound will just cut out too. Like random effects dont have sounds. I’ve always ran my game all low settings, with 100%render. I’m really conscerned because I’m in an Open Division team and we have a match this comming weekend. I won’t be able to compete with this horrible stuttering it causes me to miss critical shots and abilities. Hope there’s a fix soon!

3 Likes

That’s strange. For me my fps went up and I have a rly crappy laptop too

1 Like

This happened to me as well. Is there a solution? Please reply.

1 Like