Selling DLC as a separate game is disgusting

Do you work for free?

Very wrong. If you own OW1, you’ll have the SAME stuff accessible in OW2 when it merges (and before). That means you spend 0 for the same, and better experience, there is literally nothing to complain about imo.

You’ll only have to pay (probably less than $60) if you want, but don’t have the PvE.

No, it’s a new campaign/co-op that the current engine cannot handle. The engine is getting an upgrade (Obvious from how much better the game looked)

Op has no idea of what it takes to develop a game just some poor low iq kiddo that has a tantrum because now he’ll have to be extra good for an entire year so mommy and daddy will
Buy him it.

1 Like

Sorry to ruin your babyrage, but Overwatch was $40 when it was released.

The game you play now will remain free, if you want access to the new stuff you need to pay money. This is a pretty normal thing in the gaming world.

You expecting to buy a game for 60 bucks and never pay another cent for new content is unrealistic.

Yeah, no.
Subsequent content (for PC AAA titles) years after purchase is actually completely normal with contemporary devs. And the company largely responsible for making that a common thing? You guessed it: Blizzard.

I like how you acknowledge that you have seen them, but just because you don’t personally play them, that magically means they don’t actually exist.

Destiny 2 among other games are doing the exact same thing. Paying developers costs money.

You guys sound like entitled children.

Out of curiosity, which AAA titles are you thinking of where they come back with big updates (on the scale of OW2) years down the line for free?

I’m not necessarily saying you’re wrong, it’s just that as far as I’m aware, the common thing is to charge people for this sort of stuff.

So there’s no new heroes for the next 18 months? OW is dead and their is expac is dead before they’ve even started.

So we’re just gonna ignore the 9 new maps we’ve gotten, the 10 new characters that were released, the multitude of new arcade modes we have, game browser and workshop, the season events, and how they were all free.

The fact that is annoying is that Jeff now admits that the dev focused on OW2 and that’s why we’ve seen so few and slow updates for OW, so basically we paid for OW to give time to the devs to work on OW2.

3 Likes

And for how long? you clearly have no understanding of business? The money they make goes back into more personal, research and development , Associated merchandise new systems, working environments, employee benefits advertising, investments. You’re just coming across as a complete moron that has no idea what they’re talking about but continue to rage kiddo see where that gets you in life it certainly wont get you a job.

I’ve gotten 1500 hours of gaming for $40. I would gladly spend more money for an expansion if I actually cared about overwatch 2 but unless major changes happen in pvp, I’m not interested.

You must be a finicky eater. Separate your vegetables? Does the beverage have to be at the most optimal temperature? :face_with_monocle:

Naughty Dog did it with Uncharted: Lost Legacy. That was originally just a DLC for Uncharted 4 but was also sold in retail on its own.

Call of Duty gets away with barely any changes to the formula or guns and only slightly better graphics and different story every year.

Madden and NBA games still sell FAR more than Blizzard games (or most others for that matter) and each new year’s release could just as easily be DLC to the last few. The reason they are allowed to keep going is because people will keep buying.

Below is a forum post from Blizzard staff that would suggest that we will have to pay again. In the post it says that it will be considered a sequel and players will be able to buy OW2 separate from OW seeming to suggest that we might have to pay the $40 ,or $60 for console, just for a some new game modes.

1 Like

But the issue is they didn’t develop anything they built on to the same base game, which is probably just built on top of the Archive event. It would be like saying the developed Lucio Ball while yes it definitely to time to figure out and getting it playing just right and everything they already had OW they didn’t create a completely new game for Lucio Ball. just like this ,while yes they put work into it, it was probably just as much time as they did on all the events for OW combined, which they just recycled every year after the first BTW.

3 Likes

Just like they did with Brood War!

Oh, wait.

First off, I am not staff, but a knowledgable player who tries to help out the community (hence why I am a forum MVP). Secondly, Overwatch 2 will be a seperate game in terms of the PVE offerings. Anyone who does not yet own the first Overwatch will be able to get Overwatch 2 to access both the PVE and PVP but will not have access to things like the original skins (details to be revealed later no doubt). However anyone who owns Overwatch 1 will need to purchase Overwatch 2 in order to get access to the full-fledged PVE game. Note these PVE modes is not just some simple one-time PVE mission like in the Overwatch Archives seasonal events, this is a full story line they are building.