SEA-American server problem

Anyone else facing high ping in a few games in SEA? I am connected to the American servers as recommended by battle.net and get obnoxiously high ping in some games and perfect ping in others. This isn’t only me though; every time I ask this question in the match chat when I get into a game with 200-ish ping, everyone complains about having the same high-ping issue.

3 Likes

I mean, I have two answers:

Usually, no I don’t.

I will occasionally end up on an American server, but it is rare. Maybe 1 in 10 games, probably more like 1 in 20.

But there is something seriously wrong with Overwatch in SEA/Oceania at the moment.

Not only are we getting mass disconnects (particularly Aussies on Telstra), but we are also getting shoved on American servers more frequently than usual.

Hopefully it is a temporary glitch, but to be honest, I am too afraid to play at the moment for fear of the harsh penalties for disconnecting.

Can confirm. This has been happening to me and my friends for 3-4 hours now. Getting queued to pse2, instead of the usual SG server at pse1. This happens in competitive mode only, for qp and practice range, the connection is always routed to pse1.

I suspect the reason it is happening in comp only is that everyone is too afraid to play comp at the moment, because of the SR penalties if you get disconnected. So it is having to pool people with Americans to get the numbers.

Quick play is less effected, because while disconnects will tank your endorsement level, people don’t seem to care as much about that.

pse2 is the Australian server I believe. So most likely pse1 is experiencing some availability issues atm as the issue is intermittent and the load balancing maybe fails over to from pse1 to pse2 because of it.

I think SEA still has problems. Just played comp and latency is around 200-220. Since the disconnection issue the other day my latency has been around that number. I usually play around 50 latency before that.

Hi there friends,

We have seen this drop and are monitoring it at this time. It looks like users on or who must travel through Telstra are the ones impacted. It looks to have recovered now, but we will be watching this closely.

If you see issues still, please contact is back with a WinMTR and a Looking Glass.

I hope that we are right in this being resolved!

/Nathardrick

keep getting message “Entering Game” loading for 1 min

then…

Lost Connection to Server…

also for some weird reason, i get notified every 2 min Overwatch is Updating… 2 min again Overwatch is Updating… this happes over and over and over but nothing really patching… i dont see Mb/s on progress bar

tried uninstall the game, and installing online again, i get fast 20 mb/s
so its definately not my internet

I’ve been having a bunch of random disconnects and I’ve tried all three support channels but all of them take a minute or two to load and then just crash the page.

Hey! Try to click this link:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/overwatch/907

It might work if you open the page through a link.

If not, perhaps try to reset your PC/Router and try again later?

1 Like

Yeah, that is the page I’m using and I’m almost completely confident it isn’t a problem with my router or connection because everyone else in my house and all other applications on my PC are unaffected.

I can’t maintain a connection to the Overwatch servers for more than about two minutes and I can’t use the Blizzard website.

that’s strange because I can use the website fine myself. Let me link you to the EU website and see if it works for you.

If it does, be sure to say in your ticket that you are in NA but have to use the EU support because the NA website keeps crashing.

https://eu.battle.net/support/en/games/overwatch/907

1 Like

Same… i am getting 400+ ping in american servers from india. Used to get 98-100 ms easily

Hey fenix,

Might want to try this one for the updating thing: Battle.net Update button - #2 by Nathardrick
It worked for me, hope it does for you as well.

I’ve been having the same issue the entire day (only got back after a month) and 9 out of 10 games for me have been 200-500ms. Im from the Philippines playing qp and arcade atm on NA and my usual is around 70-90. Can’t risk playing comp rn because of this :tired_face: :tired_face: :tired_face:

No, it is happening to everyone not just you. The servers were fine for literally just 2 days now again the PSE1 server is acting all weird. They place me on the right server but that is like 1 in 5 games. I was playing Competitive, it was fine for 2 games then it just decided to place me on the PSE2 server and guess what, you cannot play at 300 ms. GGs.

Please don’t do this to us SEA players Blizzard, we already get really bad ping in Countries like India, the best Ping i can get is 80ms. And this, just kills the fun for me that I can’t even play Overwatch at my usual ping as I’m getting placed on the Wrong server with 300ms latency. What is wrong with your matchmaker?

Please just make seperate regions for Americas, Singapore, Australia. Can’t take this anymore.

Let’s just sleep it off for today and see if there’s any update tomorrow I guess

yeah this is happening for the last 8 hrs for me now.Few games are fine but then suddenly going to comp getting 300 ping. sometimes it seems that few people in enemy team are from USA so they get normal ping but all the pse1 people are suffering.Can’t they keep their servers up and running fine for even few days?Its just ridiculous how bad overwatch sea servers are.

yeah happen again give my sr back a lot of troll player and server suck good game

qp and custom works fine but not comp. When i play comp im getting connected to pse2 always