Battle.net Update button

So my battle.net has the Update button still available even after it has updated overwatch. When I try to update it will update successfully. Then when I start a game then tab to battle.net the Update button is still there even if there is nothing to update. Once I exit the game then click the Update it shows an error the “Whoops! Looks like something broke. Give it another shot.”

Hey there navi,

In this case, do you have the app or Overwatch set to run as admin? If so , remove this for now. We have seen it cause update loops like the one you are reporting.

If they are not, lets try resetting the Blizzard app then scanning and repairing the game.

Perform Steps 1-5 here after that do not reinstall yet but follow these additional steps:

1. Open file explorer/file manager
  2. Type the following into the address bar (not the search bar): %APPDATA%
  3. Delete the Bnet and blizzard folders inside the appdata folder if they exist.
  4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 with %LOCALAPPDATA% and %TEMP%
  5. Empty the recycle bin.

Followe this up with the Scan and repair.

If nothing here helps, you may need to reinstall the game. :frowning:

/Nathardrick

Hey there Nathardrick,

This one worked for me. It updated correctly after removing the run as admin. Although I wanted to make sure so I still did steps 1-5. Thanks for the assistance. :+1:

Unticking “run as administrator” on the overwatch.exe fixed the issue for me. Would it make difference to also run battle.net launcher as admin too?