Screen looses signal mid game

For the past two weeks I encountered a technical issue: My screen randomly looses the signal from Overwatch in the middle of the game for a few seconds.

For roughly 5 seconds I basically turn blind, while sound and controls are still perfectly functioning.

The issue started after I installed a new 144Hz/1440p screen.
Other system specs are:

• Windows 7 64 bit
  • GPU - AMD Radeon R9 390
  • CPU - Intel core i5 6600

Things I have tried to fix the issue after reading through other forum posts with similar issues:

• Clean reinstall of the GPU drivers as suggested by this post: Screen flickering
  • removing a task from the office task scheduler that is known to cause a similar issue

I already posted this issue about two weeks ago with little help (except for fellow forum person Nicole) and would appreciate any help that can solve this issue. :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance for any tips

At this point, I recommend checking hardware. I might recommend checking and swapping any connecting cables. If you have a second monitor it does not hurt to swap it out to test and verify.

While I don’t have a second monitor to verify, your answer got me thinking and I checked if the same issue occurs in another game, if I play it at 144Hz - and it does. I contacted Acer support about this and will increase graphics quality to reduce FPS until I get a solution from them.\

Thanks for your help