(SAMITO) Overwatch 2 Has Finally Lost it

5 seconds in and I already disagree. The dev team listening to the pros got us in this situation in the first place.

They need to find game devs or someone who has experience and ability to execute good ideas

1 gas light down, let’s see the others you’re known for. This is why no one takes you serious. As soon as you get push back, you start the gas lights, and then insult.

That you have no idea how to fix, but claim to know how.

And there’s how I know you didn’t even read what I said.

I understand the balance of this game far better than you do, because unlike you, I actually play the game. You’ve stated repeatedly in other threads that you do not play this game. So how can you tell anyone how the game should be, when you yourself do NOT even play it?

Get out of here with that nonsense.

Oh no a manchild got killed in a game and couldn’t handle it, we should nerf the hero because they found it upsetting.

Battlebit Remastered did a fine job of it day after day after day again, Against The Storm, Cities Skylines II has recovered about 20% of it’s lost player base thanks to updates and bug fixes. Path Of Exile has been steadily upticking it’s player base for years even after D2 Resurrected, and D4 dropped, with even more coming to the game to prepare for PoE2.

Just stop.

And they won’t get that when the entire community screams “fun” is more important than balance, while at the same time screaming for balance.

Okay, which specific professional gameplay designer are you quoting?
For me it’s primarily Tom Cadwell, Sid Meier, Mark Rosewater, and Robin Walker.

Show me anybody in Top 500 or OWL with a more impressive list than this.

Did you read what you said? Because you posted a bunch of dive heroes, and now you’re rejecting the idea they’d need to constantly Dive the Widow.

It’s not personal dude. I just don’t see a moral or business justification to screw over the vast majority of the playerbase, and greatly hamper it’s capability to grow the playerbase over a teeny tiny itsy bitsy amount of players.

You honestly believe with every modern FPS game in existence going out of it’s way to focus on making Snipers less frustrating, that there’s nobody who would prefer less sniping in the game? Not even a 1% of fewer. Especially if they grow the total amount of players?

1 Like

So you’re trying to apply RTS logic to a team based shooter. You already give up all credibility just from that.

Did you really link your OWN topic just to say it’s better? AHAHAHAHA

“Whack a mole” great wording. Even greater execution of your idea. Yes counters exist, that’s the entire point.

It’s not the game’s fault that the players refuse to use other options and choose to bash their heads against the metaphorical wall.

Thank God they would never listen to you. “Vast majority of the playerbase.”

What are you? The Forum’s Messiah here to deliver the nerfs they all “need”?

Oh you mean like how Battlebit introduced more options for the sniper to be MORE annoying and yet their player base grew by leaps of bounds AFTER that?

You can literally just equip a medium range scope, hide in bushes and fire, unable to be seen through scope glint, or muzzle flash.

So tell me, how can one of the most successful FPS of 2023, making snipers even harder to play against, was the wrong move, when it increased their player base?

Snipers in OW are fine, it’s the players who are the problem. You’re just too stubborn to see that.

2 Likes

So who are you quoting?

Why is it “gaslighting” to say that you are not quoting any specific professional gameplay designer?

Because it sure seems like you are not quoting any specific professional gameplay designer.

Like for real, are you LYING or not about this?

1 Like

Basic logic, that’s what.

Because you were trying to put words in my mouth I never said to get a reaction to steer the convo the way you wanted. Sorry it didn’t go that way.

Did with Battlebit’s devs, just because I don’t know them by name, does not make their decisions and input on the industry any less.

Do you ever stop trying to gas light? This is why no one takes you serious and thinks you’re a pompous jerk. Just the sheer ego on you is enough to warrant never taking you serious.

So you made it up. And you’ve never actually studied gameplay design.

1 Like

Yet, I know more about Overwatch’s balance than you could ever hope to dream, because I am not trying to apply Real Time Strategy balance to a Hero Ability Team Based Shooter.

Seems that really upsets you or something, because you constantly try to talk down to everyone whenever they challenge you.

I’m with GreyFalcon on this.

He’s done nothing but talk sense, AND provided references to back it all up.

You’ve done nothing but yell “nuh uh” for the past hour.

There’s no sense to be had trying to force RTS balance and gameplay rules onto a shooter. That’s where he was wrong from the jump.

He can’t see it, because he’s too stubborn and ego filled. It’s why he’s resorting to calling people liars, as he always has.

72k posts and maybe 10 can be useful.

If that’s what you think he’s doing, then you haven’t been reading his posts all the way through.

He literally quoted RTS game devs. Like what?

You’re making this all up out of purely off the top of your head.

And then trying to act like that’s some kind “Industry Best Practice”.

It’s okay Grey, you have back up. You can now run away as you always do and have them take over for you.

It’ll be a nice change of pace to not lower myself down to your level and be beaten by experience.

Did you actually read the quotes?

Incidentally, this “RTS Dev” is the most senior gameplay designer at Riot for the last 18 years.
Who also worked on World of Warcraft, Warcraft 3.
On top of being a world class Starcraft 1 player.
Graduating MIT, and then later going to Cornell to get an MBA.

I play RTS games all the time, that’s why I know you cannot apply RTS balancing to a shooter. There is too big of an overlap for any of it to work, without a massive rework to the core of the game.

RTS and Shooters have their own formulas to play with, and mixing them requires the base of the game to be both from the jump.

Now if Overwatch played like LoL or Smite, he’d have some points, but they do not, so there is nothing.

1 Like

Congrats, you now have enough toilet paper to get through the next quarantine.

1 Like

Nah, I’m just here with popcorn. Plus it’s always worth reading Grey’s posts, he’s an industry vertan and frequently drops gold nuggets of knowledge.

I’ve bookmarked half a dozen of his posts from this thread alone, especially the ones with refrence links :white_check_mark:

It’s really not 3/4 the time. He just tries to force his logic onto you and if you don’t go with it. Well you see him editing out his trolling on his posts. (Good thing I already flagged it before he did)