Role Queue Launch Times

Why do people keep suggesting that? Do people not have the brain power to understand that it is a terrible idea? What’s to stop a GM Widow main who queued for their diamond tank from telling their team that they’re a GM Widow main and they should give them DPS so that they can roflstomp the other team?

There’s no way role swap could be implemented unless you were only allowed to swap with people who are within a certain SR range on the role you want to swap to.

4 Likes

No more “we need a healer” spam! All the confused Hanzo memes can be archived!

1 Like

Better than the sh!tshow we had before 2-2-2 :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think all this role thing sounded really good at first, but I think It doesnt work at all

3 Likes

Guess this is the end of the road for me. Role queue has killed what little fun I was having in this game anymore.

9 Likes

“better” is a judgement call

I and many others who prefer Freedom over Forced do not see this as “better”…quite the opposite in fact

I personally see this as the very worst change ever made to this game, with no close second

8 Likes

Actually, in my experience, in a losing game, everyone just switches to DPS because any one of the following:
(1) They want to show the current DPS that they are better at that role and try to force the current DPS to switch (which they never do)
(2) It’s a losing game anyway so might as well play a more fun roll
(3) If everyone switches to DPS the game/pain will end faster

At least with role queue, people will actually stick to roles to limit the possibility of troll comps.

Have you been listening to feedback though? It seems you are just going about what you originally decided and have not really put any effort into addressing concerns and glaring problems with enforced 2-2-2.

4 Likes

It would have been nice that they were going to use the Beta season to seed us for Season 18. Or at least have made it clear that it wasn’t simply a test season. No, I did not throw matches, but I used it as an opportunity to learn new heroes, etc. I think everyone did. That is why a lot of people just said f*ck it and didn’t try. Not to mention that match making wasn’t the best. I hope my placement matches for Season 18 actually count for something instead of just taking directly from Beta Season. >_>

3 Likes

That would be such a bad idea. Games would be unbalanced for months. I’m not sure why anyone would want that, and please don’t tell me it’s because you’re “stuck” in [insert rank].

2 Likes

I disagree. There are a lot of players who are not interested in playing competitive, but want better quality games that feel more fair.

4 Likes

Forced Queue provides no guarantee of quality

6 Likes

There are “stalling” heroes in every role. I’m not sure why role queue would be a problem.

1 Like

So will quick play classic be a permanent game mode?

it is unknown at this time

I never said anything about guarantee. It just seems to me that 2-2-2 gives a lot better chance at having a balanced game than a team who instapicks 5 dps and won’t switch.

And yes, I know that 5 dps comps work sometimes, but in most cases, it results in a crushing defeat.

4 Likes

What are you talking about, 70% of games I’ve been in have a symmetra, it’s actually annoying seeing her everywhere, but since that isn’t actual evidence, you can prove it yourself by looking at the t500 leaderboard for the role queue beta. There are several Sym mains, people with her as their tertiary hero, even a Sym one-trick. If you think Sym is the second lowest pickrate hero, you couldn’t be more wrong.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Lame. This should have been stated at the same time role queue was announced.

Honestly, if you dropped SR because you didn’t play your usual heroes during beta season, you should be able to climb back at the rank you belong once you start playing your mains again. I don’t see much of an issue here, unless you played like 400 games and dropped 2 or 3 ranks below.

2 Likes