šŸ˜€ Role Que is Amazing! Thank you!

How so? Please explain.

Iā€™m pretty sure the in game note you see when you click Game play Sabotage when you report someone

If you feel like it did, you could use LFG.

Thatā€™s a new one.

No? Shanghai Dragons proved this wrong by defeating GOATs with a multi DPS comps.

There will always be metas, some heroes will be very good, others will be utter trash. That just how it works. Though metas are less stale if you have more ā€œcreativeā€ comp options available.

What are these problems?

Iā€™ve been vouching for this for quite some time, it would be a great addition IMO.

1 Like

Like next week after the update goes live!

Role queue would be fine if the playerbase was actually split into thirds.

But Iā€™m pretty sure DPS take up at least 45%

If you have a team where you have restricted slots, letā€™s say 3 DPS, 1 tank, 2 support. And you go up against a team that can pick anything they want, youā€™re at a disadvantage that you canā€™t fix. The only way to make it fair is to only match against teams with the same restrictions.

I reread what you said and I think we had a misunderstanding. Throwing and being reportable arenā€™t the same thing. I didnā€™t mean to imply that not switching would be reportable only that you would be throwing. I think that the confusion is that thereā€™s more than one definition of throwing.

Besides the imbalance, most people want to solo queue. LFG forced you to interact with all kinds of toxicity. Group leaders were often terrible. And there wasnā€™t an easy way to make sure that you fit with a group skill level wise.

As someone who likes to play support and when learning new heroes would like to be supported properly themselves, I really appreciate role queue. I find that in the past, it was very difficult to learn a DPS hero with a stable team composition because it would be me (Ashe) a Widow, Genji, Hanzo, maybe one tank and maybe a support. More often than not, it was all dps with one tank/support.

I understand that people want to play the classic version of Overwatch and that they miss it but isnā€™t that what Arcade is for?

For those who played Competitive and miss 6 dps games, my condolences.

:sun_with_face:

1 Like

Thatā€™s why you make it so solo queuers can face 6 stacks. Make there be more incentive to actually group up. Make the game how it is supposed to be played, a team game. The team that has the best coordination wins.

Well, technically anything is re-portable. Itā€™s false reporting though to report someone for not choosing a specific hero or role.

Only one definition really fits here though.
Having the intent to lose. Or in other words, deliberately trying to lose.

Thatā€™s because solo queuing is the most effective way to climb atm. Make it so solo queuers face stacks and people that truly want to rank up and progress will group up.

There will always be toxicity (2-2-2 increases this to an extent), nothing can change that.
What you can change is make grouping up more incentivized, so the chance of getting a toxic leader is slimmer.
Or God forbid, make your own group.
Or have a set group of people you like to play with and work with and group up with them, preferably at the same rank so you have close to the same skill rating.

If you have issues with trying to find people in game to group with, a Guild System could be implemented.

based on queue times with bribes to play tank and/or support, it seems to be well in excess of 2/3rds, perhaps as high as 80%

Itā€™s really not :joy::joy::joy:

I actually do believe the game is struggling a little bit atm but its mainly due to horrible hero balance around 222, extremely slow/ineffective patches and lack of dev communication. Not role que.

Imo Role que has saved overwatch as a team oriented competitive game filled with countless synergies and combos to be utilised. Growing pains will wear off eventually and blizzard will be thankful they kept all the team based players interested by adding structure and decided against letting selfish (usually dps) players continue to ruin what OW is all about. (Playing different roles, working as a team etc)

Love it :grin:

2 Likes

Yeah this game is boring now. the longer I wait. The less I am going to try for a win. I have entered ā€œThe zone of QP Donā€™t CAREā€. or the ā€œi am bored so I fell asleep at the keyboardā€. Iā€™d rather have a match and if it doesnā€™t go well. I still was able to go and frag.

2 Likes

I would argue that thereā€™s two kinds of throwing.

Thereā€™s playing something suboptimal or using a strategy thatā€™s maybe fun but not good, not because you are trying to lose but because you are prioritizing something else like playing a specific hero. For example, playing D.Va right now is basically throwing. Itā€™s not reportable or wrong per se, but itā€™s going to seriously increase the likelihood that you lose. Sheā€™s fun though, so sometimes itā€™s worth it.

And then thereā€™s flat out throwing like refusing to shoot or constantly running off a cliff. That is reportable.

And also because a lot of us donā€™t have enough people on a friends list to 6 stack and donā€™t enjoy grouping up with strangers. Most of people I know irl are not gamers.

There is always toxicity. Iā€™ve found less of it in 2/2/2 personally. Your mileage may vary, but Iā€™ve experienced much less toxicity.

Personally, Iā€™d rather solo queue than try to get a 6 stack. I enjoy duo queueing the most, but honestly I donā€™t want to 6 stack. The few times I have tried it have left a bad taste in my mouth.

Exactly

But, by definition, there is no intent to lose., so it isnā€™t throwing. They are still trying to win, just not in the way you might see fit.

Guild System

You might be the minority, at least on the forums because most people say that they have experienced more toxicity. But hey, not everyone has the same experience.

Well, thatā€™s you. Though with an improved LFG system, those that are serious about progressing will stack up.

1 Like

I donā€™t think that they would. I could be wrong, but I donā€™t think that most people are really interested in trying to form a team every time they log in. Some hardcore players would really enjoy that, but most players are casual.

As Iā€™ve said before, the Guild System can fix this problem. You can have a pre-made group waiting for you when you get on.

Yes, I know. And, no, it does not matter. What does matter is that the one and only rule (which I have said multiple times now) of playing competitive and quickplay is that you could not have more than one hero on the same team. Now, Blizzard gave players the option to include extra rules that they could impose upon themselves and their fellow LFG teammates, but those rules were just that: extra. As in not required. . The hero limit rule was the only rule from month one of the gameā€™s release to a few months ago. This is evidenced by the other ā€œrulesā€ you keep bringing not existing in solo-queue. Those extra ā€œrulesā€ were consciously put into effect by the group leader and teammates (as evidenced by them staying in said group) and only apply to their team. This is the important part that you keep ignoring. The rules they chose to abide by applied to their team only and no one elseā€™s, and I donā€™t know why you expected them to. For starters, it goes against the gameā€™s core design of a team adapting to the situation at hand to win. Expecting the enemy team to organize themselves the same way as your team and/or expecting your solo-queue teammates to organize themselves the way you wanted them to is equal parts idiotic, selfish, and inflexible.

What you think does not matter. The reality is Zarya and Soldierā€™s weapons require the exact same skillset. Thus, if you were good at tracking with Soldier, you would not have a hard time doing the same with Zarya. Regardless, it was just an example. You could make the Zarya a diamond, swap Soldier with McCree, swap them both with Widowmaker and Ana, whatever pairingyou want to use to satisfy your urge to nitpick. I find it telling that you are zeroing in on the example and not the point of it, which is that LFG did not in any way create imbalanced matches and role-queue did not get rid of them. Role-queue opens the door to much more imbalance since, again, many heroes across classes operate similarly when it comes to their weapons, allowing for easy skill transfer.

You should take your own advice there. You are the one who has been making things up the entire time based on nothing but feeling.

Itā€™s correlated to a certain degree though. The more players a game has, the more active its forum will be on average becauseā€¦ well, there are just more available players. Itā€™s not a one-on-one correlation, sure, but to completely disregard it, is the same like an ostrich putting its head in the sand.

And letā€™s stop pretending that they implemented role queue for the players. They messed up balance so bad to the point that a whole role, that contains around half of the available heroes no less, became obsolete in the pro scene. They got themselves stuck in a situation where tank and support stacking was always going to be the best option. Thatā€™s why they added role queue.

Perhaps. I for one have been inactive on here just because ive decided to spend my free time doing other things lately. Not because i hate 222.

Killing 2 birds with 1 stone springs to mind.

It benefits the pro scene by theoretically enabling easier balance and prevents stacked comps AND it benefits ladder play by ensuring more structure and equal utilisation of all 3 roles instead of so many multi dps throw comps and random coinflip games due to selfish behaviour.

That being said i still beleive the rushed implementation and slow/ineffective balance decisions and decision making im general surrounding 222 have been extremely woeful as ive said here

Yea, we could use the D.va mains who left because their hero was nerfed to oblivion as a tank and buffed as a DPS.
Or the Mercy mains who got the worse treatment ever from both the community and the devs.

If only they would be still here and fill up the que slotsā€¦too bad DPS enjoyment was more important than them.

(I legit believe the que times would be better if that 2 rework didnt happen)

I was never a fan of this idea of yours (no offense). I think the spirit of RQ should be that people play what role they like to play.
Ideally this could be achieved by making all roles equally fun/engaging. So the problem should be tackled by its root imo. How this can be achieved is another storyā€¦
I believe that there should be more tank heroes. Way more (8+ more than now). Tanks similar to Roadhog, tanks with impact. No overloaded kits, but defined ones. New mechanics could be introduced like thornes, deployable small fields which bounce off shots for x seconds etc.
Something new and refreshing for an individual playstyle.

Edit: with impact I did not mean that Roadhog is the only impactful tank. I meant that generally the impact should be more ā€œfeelableā€. A headshot feels rewarding. Plays/abilities which are rewarding should be promoted maybe.

I think no matter what you do, Tank and Healer are both ā€œSupporting Heroesā€ that give support to the rest of the team, that enable the DPS to take kills from the enemy team.

DPS going to be more fun than Tanking, unless you make Tanking better than DPS at getting kills.

Which would kinda defeat the purpose of roles.

Also Iā€™m a strong advocate that the raw number of options is largely irrelevant, itā€™s the number of viable options that matters. And even if you made a ton of Tank options, there would still only be a handful of viable options.