😀 Role Que is Amazing! Thank you!

I really enjoy playing every game with some type of reliable format. Don’t take the criticisms too heavily, most of them prove your point. The central talking focus seems to revolve only around them, and their wait times, instead of gaining support from the other 2/3s of the player base they play along side in role que.
Overall if the posts really relayed actual gameplay performance, I think they’d already have the trust and alliance in-game to move forward together with these complaints.

But divided, we can’t ask for perfection, so this is a good step. :relieved:

80 Likes

Wow, a post that actually approves role queue?

10 Likes

This is assuming an even split between the three roles.

If that were the case, queue times wouldn’t be a problem in the first place.

5 Likes

Well, they could increase Tank usage by winning a game on Tank gets you a “DPS Queue Boost Ticket”, that isn’t exactly measured in time, but makes for very quick DPS queues in Gold/Plat, but is less effective in smaller population groups. But it might cut the DPS queue time in half in Diamond.

2 Likes

Not necessarily because at one point 90% of players mained mercy during year 1 overwatch. It’s really about the number of players geared toward each role being balanced, which role que addresses.
More heroes are necessary for beloved enjoyment and excitement purposes.

2 Likes

I’m reading an awful lot of passive-aggressiveness in this post tbh (might just be though).

And btw, I didn’t touch this forum for a good month, but now that I returned I’m noticing remarkably less activity on the forums than, well… ever before. Like, it’s prime time now and weekend as well. Normally I miss half of the threads that are popping up. Now I’m actually waiting for new ones.

Doesn’t matter whether role queue has something to do with it or not, but if forum activity is any metric to go by, then I can only say:

This game is not doing well at the moment

24 Likes

I enjoy it as well. Especially for quick play.

I agree they need some way to earn a quicker queue for dps though. Decided to try playing it last night and it took over 13 minutes.

2 Likes

I’ve been enjoying RQ as well. BUT. When the queue time is 10+ minutes, then you get teamed up with players who Jon Snow’d on their roles.

Then no, I’m not enjoying RQ.

It’s ridiculous. You wait 10 mins for a game (I’m a DPS main so yea hate on me now), then you get into the game hoping to have a decent game, but found out you’ve been placed with feeding tanks, DPS Moiras, dumb inexperienced DPS partner. The game instantly ends in under 2 minutes. That 10 mins wait for a quick 2 minutes game? Totally not worth it.

5 Likes

Most do complain about times…but many also complain about the gameplay though…flex players in particular (among others)…it’s not just the times…

What do you mean Jon snow’d? Overwatch doesn’t have a beloved queen yet I don’t think. Could you clarify :grinning:

Jon Snow’d = They know nothing, just like the Game of Thrones’ Jon Snow. You gotta keep updated with internet meme culture, lady!

2 Likes

I feel that way too. It’s like twice as slow and a bit boring now

1 Like

Who knew that slowly alienating different parts of the playerbase would slowly chip away at the playerbase.

9 Likes

I agree. Role queue is the best thing to happen since they got rid of no limits.

1 Like

I completely disagree. I don’t think what we gave up: que times, limited creativity, and flexibility were worth what was gained.

Regardless, it’s here and almost certainly going to stay, so neither complaining nor complimenting forced 222 accomplishes much.

Role Que is one of the major reasons I decided to play the game again. It makes the experience so much better. Although the long queue times do need to be dealt with for dps. I’m sure they’ll come out with a priority queue system for flexing or something that achieves the same goal.

2 Likes

Yeah now they just have to also fix the new matchmaking system or at least in QP. There’s a bug where sometimes getting a high performing smurf in a high tier game leads to someone completely new to also be queued in the game if they just happen to be lucky in a few games. Like I’ve seen an Orisa and a Zen who were legit beginners in my games shooting around walls and looking at the scenery and stuff saying pls don’t report them because they’re new to the game when others have blamed them for throwing

The forum is where people came to vent their salt.
And most of the time, pointing fingers and acting like bonobos.

BUT… if there are less activities on the forum, it would mean 2 things:

• People are gone to other places to vent their salt (i.e reddit)
  • People play the game. Those that likes the game don’t go to the forum as often as those that hate the game.

In Overwatch case, I think it is both.
The game feels complete crap to play mainly because the people in this game makes it feels incredibly bad to play with. I have more fun in D2 even though the grind in that game is a full time job on its own, so I actually have no reason to come back to Overwatch anymore.

I am just lurking here and trigger some people when I can, there are a lot of butthurt tanks/supports here that can be a bit… on edge.

3 Likes

I dislike rolequeue greatly, myself

3 Likes

Your math is off mate.
If tanks/supports were 2/3ds of the playerbase, dps would not have long queue times

And gaining support from the group benefitting from the current system?
You think too highly of people in general if you think that would ever be a thing in any major way.

Humans struggle not to be selfish, they need clear goals, and a cause which they can relate to before they’d support a cause which is again, selfish.
even donating to charity can be a selfish thing(see tax breaks for charitable donations)

2 Likes