šŸ˜€ Role Que is Amazing! Thank you!

And the rules about what they are allowed to pick. In my opinion if one team is restricted to 2/2/2 and the other team can do whatever they want then that is a different set of rules. Regardless of what you call it, that causes imbalanced matches inherently.

Yes you do. To not do so was suicide. You could just pick whatever you want, but youā€™re going to lose if youā€™re team had no supports and no tanks and played into Goats.

Wouldnā€™t this system increase toxicity though? I mean people argue with each other now playing the role they wanted to play when they queued. It would seem to me that this type of system would just add a tilted dps main playing tank on a losing streak into adding more toxicity.

1 Like

My favorite is when people go on about ā€œflexingā€ and creative comps - when 30% of them outright were Shimadamaker comps, and the remainder 4-6 DPS, or totally random or GOATs imitations, and Blizzā€™ own statistics which most people here can clearly see was that the majority of players donā€™t flex. The " Iā€™m playing Reaper, by gosh Iā€™m just gonna act like that Pharah is someone elseā€™s problem" phenomena is nothing new.

1 Like

Not in my experience.

I have always played tanks or support, and have had to wait 2-4 minutes most of the time pre 2-2-2. Now, much shorter queue times. usually a minute or less.

I like it too. However, it would be cool if there were some system of switching roles between two players who both want to between rounds. Just a thoughtā€¦Not sure how this could be done in single round maps but Iā€™m sure Blizz could figure it out.

Thatā€™s not a rule. Rules can be broken.

Matches will always be imbalanced in some way to some extent. One team will be better at teamwork, one team may have smurfs, one team may have a thrower, etc.
Though if you want to talk about imbalance, what about the fact that there are games that have Diamonds and GMs in the same game? Thatā€™s pretty imbalanced.
Or how about when you have a DPS healer but you canā€™t switch to help make up the difference so youā€™re down a healer? Not exactly balanced.

Tell me, how are you forced to pick tank or healer? How? Are you being mind controlled?
Honestly, stop with this BS of ā€œI had to do this, I had to pick thatā€. Itā€™s utter nonsense.

3 Likes

The definiton of rule states that a rule is ā€˜one of a set of explicit or understood regulations or principles governing conduct or procedure within a particular area of activity.ā€™ No mention of the ability to break it or not.

So yes, limitations on your team comp due to LFG are rules.

1 Like

roll queue is awesome

the fact that there are far more dps heros & players is the issue.

if tanks and support were as fun as dps, the queue times would be as hideous

Iā€™m happy that you enjoy Role Queue, as well as the many others that do. The only problem I have is with this

Should the criticisms not be considered because you approve of Role Queue? This is an example of using your own bias to dismiss othersā€™ opinions and critiques, which I donā€™t believe is constructive for conversation.
Nothing is perfect, not Role Queue, nor the way it was before, it is preference, as with all things.

Donā€™t tell me to swap off Widow,
Coolbreeze

Wrong. Before rolequeue, there was only one and only one rule month 1 of Overwatch: no more than one of the same heroes. How to formulate a team was entirely up to the team as long as they followed that one rule. You are the one lying.

ā€¦do you think skills donā€™t transfer between heroes?

Everything is a failure when it doesnā€™t get used.

You offered no counter-arguments, just saying 'wrong, wrong, wrong" over and over with no logic behind them. I was right: those for 2-2-2 wanted total control over the whole playerbase all along.

1 Like

Still prefer 10 min queue and getting 2-2-2 to 5 min queue and getting forced to play a role i didnt wanna play cause noone else wanted to play that role, and sometimes still being solo tank or solo support.

1 Like

Not necessarily and never without consequence. Just try breaking the law of gravity. Or breaking rules of the game engine without a bug. Good luck with that.

But not inherently imbalanced. LFG used to set up a scenario where virtually every match was imbalanced. Can you have one team better than the other? Sure. LFG set it up in such a way that there was just a lack of fairness.

OK, if there are 6 DPS mains in GM, are you seriously suggesting that you could actually win if nobody picked a different rule? At least a few of you had to pick something else unless you are throwing. In that scenario playing what you want would be throwing.

Do you not know that in LFG you could set restrictions on team comp that were different than the team you would be playing against? Either youā€™re purposefully being misleading or your dense as a rock.

Some skills do. But your role SR is accurate. If you are a silver Zarya and a masters soldier then you are significantly worse at Zarya. Thatā€™s how role based SR works. I donā€™t think realistically that you ever would be a silver Zarya if you are a masters Soldier, but thatā€™s the example you gave.

Go back and reread what I said and stop lying.

1 Like

Ok, where to start. Hope about the fact that GM is top of the game players. If all 6 players on a team are hard set on playing dps then they really donā€™t care about team work. Iā€™m bronze and 6 dps was extremely rare. Now it would make sense that the worst players would have the 6 dps mentality .

If that math is correct, that means that 50% or more of the players wanting to play dps had to choose between playing dps or being forced to play tank/support instead for the team. With RQ someone queueing for dps will always get to play dps.

Thatā€™s kinda my point. GM players would never do this. If you had 6 DPS mains at GM then someone would compromise and pick something that would help them win even if it wasnā€™t what they wanted to play. Because they had to in order to win and they would do what it takes to win.

Every match is imbalanced in some way.

How was it unfair?

Are you trolling? The devs have even said that this isnā€™t true.
There are multiple games, in GM, where teams happened to get 6 DPS mains on their team, went who they were good at, and won. Itā€™s not so much about how much of each role you have, but rather what heroes you have.
Simply having 2-2-2 does not guarantee hero synergy in any way. Take comps like Winston and Orisa, both completely different styles of play. Synergy is minmal at best.

2-2-2 is not the most optimal composition in all scenarios. See GOATs, Quad tank Lucio, and Triple DPS (Shanghai Dragons type of comp) as prime examples.

LFG still could have been fixed instead of forcing 2-2-2 on everyone and alienating entire groups of people.

2 Likes

Wait in queue for 10 minutes, get game, a stomp, they have leaver, game gets canceled. 10 minute queue, someone on my team says ā€œSorry I have to brbā€ leaves voice chat, goes hamster and sits in spawn only ever moving to not get kicked.

The wait times are abominable and amplify literally every other problem the game has.

If one team is restricted in some way and the other isnā€™t then that is inherently unfair.

No, and frankly I resent the implication.

Source? I try to keep up with just about everything they say and I donā€™t recall this.

Frankly, I donā€™t believe it.

Agreed. But it gives you a better starting point.

Also agreed. The most optimal comp is almost always 3-4 tanks and 2-3 supports. And it always would be that without role queue. And I think donā€™t believe that any amount of balancing could fix that correctly. I think it was an intractable problem. 0 DPS comps were going to be the optimal long term game balance state without role queue.

I donā€™t believe that it could have been. It had too many problems and the game needed the change for the sake of the long term health of the game.

What I am open to is having classic Comp added into arcade so that we both have a place to play how we want. Iā€™m not against choice being available, I just think that LFG was not a good solution.

there was no such ā€œhad toā€ choice in pre-222 games.

any player could choose any available character