Role Que as healer is SO BAD

I use to criticize Quick Play Arcade as being terrible. How the tables have reveresed. The game is at it’s peak now in QP arcade classic. I went 5 hours basically losing only 5 times.

I go into role que at 2 am to 4 am in the morning after playing DPS all day. I figure what could hurt it, I want to play some mercy and ana. OH boy… the trolling the terrible players and the amount of people throwing and I was stuck in my que. I won only 2 games out of 10 games.

The final two games were the worst, I’m a lower level healer and I went up against a Masters tracer. I didn’t even realize it, I assumed the game would pair fairly. However, this is end tier OW and it’s 4 am at night, so I guess they pullled from higher rank. Then last two games my 5 stacked ditched the game leaving an empty slot for a minute as the clock ran down.

I was happy playing and meeting the best people in QP arcade; while Role Que is an unmitigated disaster run by OW professionals who aren’t even aware how terrible their CORE game mode is. The irony is none of this has to do with game mechanics or balance. These are issues the team can fix.

Thanks for the 2 hours of trash Overwatch Team! I enjoyed them, I really did. I can’t wait for Overwatch 2. Maybe your social media twitter account manager can troll “Toxic fans” like they use to.

10 Likes

if you’re with those players you likely also ARE one of those players.
No offense meant, thats just ranks

13 Likes

That sounds fun, playing all day :sweat_smile:

Twitter? How about the forums :rofl:

1 Like

It’s interesting that your bar for quality gameplay is “I win.”

21 Likes

The only thing bad about it for me is that if us the support don’t pick who they demand they throw.

People telling me to get off Moira and go Zen despite the enemy team having doomfist and sombra and we had no shield tanks.

Then they throw the game and say they lost because support sucked.

I queue as support because I like…supporting. then I get abused for it.

2 Likes

What does role queue have to do with any of this?

5 Likes

And it’s at an all time low for the other team apparently. Quality of a game isn’t about winning or losing. It’s how enjoyable each match is and how earned a win or loss feels

1 Like

QPC’s the only place i’m actually willingly play tank and support.

I only pick those roles in RQ for ticket farming where you can cut games short (If you go passive as a tank, it’s a really fast game) since 5 minutes or 15, it’s still just 1 ticket if you don’t win, so you end it quickly if the team doesn’t work in the first two minutes. Once the tickets are full, and i still want to play tank and support, i move over to QPC.

Forced roles.

In QPC, you can pick your role after you see the map. “Numbani attack? I can go baptiste”, “Numbani defense? I’ll go Orisa.”, “There is no freaking way i’m going to tank in Horizon”, “They’ve got double shield, i’m going shield breaker and make it a three tankbuster comp”

In Quickplay Role Lock. The player is stuck in the role even if it’s a map the hero isn’t good at, and most players that take support are very unlikely to be support mains either. They need optimal comps that the hero is already strong at to work since they can’t swap out.

3 Likes

Usually a sign of a bad healer is them in bad positioning and not realising how important you really are to the team as a ‘support’.

For example, take Mercy, players forget that she’s basically a orb of harmony. With that being said, she must hide cover at all times. Make out you don’t exist by hiding and pocketing or healing in general. If you followed these steps then you’re being effective towards the team including yourself.

Mistakes were made lmao.

6 Likes

There is less rivals in openQ. T500 starts in diamond there, what are u even comparing? Simple logic.
Also after midnight is boosting+smurfing time + less online provides uneven matches.

It’s funny when people try to blame you for not picking want they wanted you to pick.

Last night I had silver damage on Lucio, and after we lost, some teammates were trying to blame it on me for not picking Mercy. Lmao absolutely clueless.

1 Like

There’s two types of losing games in Overwatch as support. One where your team is lacking in kills and/or damage output and another is your team taking too much damage and need lots of healing.

The first scenario needs to be addressed by switching to a support that can frag like baptiste, zenyatta and ana. Initially, I’d use ana or baptiste but if even those two aren’t able to help your team in taking down enemy tanks, then I’d go zenyatta and apply discord orb onto them (if you can afford to sacrifice heals).

The second scenario needs to be addressed with main-healers like ana, bap or moira. Which one depends on your team’s comp.

I’m assuming this is comp? If not, losing games is to be expected as support or any role for that matter in quickplay where the teams are even more unequal than competitive.

role que at 2 am to 4 am in the morning

Think I found the issues, seriously the worst time to queue. lol
I had the same problem this morning. (Haven’t slept yet lol)

1 Like

This is a damn bold claim… Have fun even attempting to prove it, especially when all indications point to the exact opposite conclusion.

And, like, all of this venting because you didn’t win as many games in RQ? And those losses, according to your own words, were because of matchmaking and not RQ itself?

You do you I guess…

1 Like

So, basically you are saying Ana and Baptiste are the only good healers in the game?

not at all

Many players, myself included, are very unhappy with 222

as such, I dont see anything that could be reasonably described as “bold” in such a statement

I dont know of any indications to the opposite, but there has been plenty of indications that Blizzard understands how problematic 222/rq has been for the game, including but not limited to their implicit admission that 222 is a failure

this last bit doesnt seem to be so much a discussion of the topic but rather a personal attack on the forum member being responded to.

such attacks are against the Code of Conduct here

2 Likes

When you realize Support is the most / one of the most privileged Roles in this game.

Personally I do wish people would keep discussions civil rather than devolve to inflammatory remarks

What’s wrong with my advice? It’s not like I’m forcing OP to do it this way, it’s just a general suggestion based on how I play the game in my elo as a pleb.

As for ana and baptiste being the best healers, I mean they are considered to be the main-healer for a reason. The only other main-healer is moira. Ana, bap and zen happened to be the easiest support to get picks with. Ana is more for securing a kill with her sniper rifle that has no damage fall-off. And bapitste/zen is a bit of both; securing a kill + pressuring the enemy with sustained damage and shield-break.

Obviously there are times when it’s better to use lucio, brig and even mercy depending on map and ally/enemy team composition. This is all basic how to play support 101 imo. Though I admit it’s probably not the most optimal way, but again I’m just some low elo pleb.

Privileged as in how? Privileged as in supports being able to have almost as much fun as DPS but with shorter queue time while also having similar amount of carrying potential as DPS (depending on elo), then I agree. But if you mean privileged in some other way, I’m not too sure if I can agree.

I’m more of a DPS person and I would’ve been a DPS main if I had a choice but it’s not like I can play DPS anytime soon because of queue time. So yeah, supports are spoiled in a way with what they’re getting.

Tanks? They are a different breed with what they’re willing to put up with and finding the role as a whole actually enjoyable to play, and I gotta respect that tbh.

2 Likes