RIP Widowmaker [MEGA Thread] </3

I 100% forgot they were seperate, mines still around 17% and that’s on console and I rarely play widow. If a pro only has 20% critical accuracy then that’s kind of sad. Of course they aren’t gonna have like 65% crit accuracy but still around 35-43.

Example:
wait, I messed up

1 Like

guarantee you this nerf won’t affect anything.

Yes, good you can do math :clap: 1 divided by 5 is 20%. I hope you didn’t have to actually “look that up”

So 1 out of 5 times a tracer diving you dies like you said, actually less than that, if you count the other things I said in context, such as a lot of those shots are against slow moving targets. Can doesn’t mean always. Please look that up too.

3 Likes

i get what you are saying and widow is absolutly a skilled hero . the thing is no one enjoys double sniper meta. we all know keeping on dying to 1 shot is unfun

i wont like i would like the double sniper meta to end completly even tho you do need skill to land those headshots its too frustrating.

I know a widow won’t kill a fast moving target all of the time. I do know that she can do it, just not all of the time.

But you never know when she can do it.

Every time Widow pulls the trigger, you have a 1 in 5 chance of dying, not accounting for extenuating circumstances that make it more or less likely.

And that’s not even considering that she might be able to take more than one shot at you before the engagement ends.

My top played are Mercy/Dv.a and Tracer. so true :frowning:

i dont think you know what nerfs are XD

1 Like

Well yeah, the current double sniper meta is hard to play around, as no one can reach the snipers, and dive isn’t as good as rein/zarya. It makes sense to reduce falloff damage of characters.

I completely agree that widow needs some kind of buff to compensate. It’s going to get much more difficult than before, and she might very likely fall into the trash tier. But ultimately we should see how it plays out for her winrate and pickrate going forward.

3 Likes

Like a 2 second cooldown will decide if she’s weak or not. It’s still going to be up most of the time to escape every flanker all it does is give an extra delay on hook in the air+ shoot combo.

Winstons damage is still too much of a joke to threaten her in the slightest, esp when you consider she’s going to be getting heals and winston won’t be. I really don’t know what mmr you guys play at where a widow just sits still and takes it and gets no heals or help for 4 seconds straight while winston takes her down solo.

In most maps he can’t even get to her without being seen or heard anyway same goes for d.va. We’ll see what hammond can do but even after this nerf hanzo widow will still be the best 2 dps picks.

Good.

Widow maker ruins the game, anything that makes her less played makes the game better overall.

2 Likes

good i hope she will remain trash.

1 Like

well Widow wont be a viable pick. people hates her because they hate dieing to somoene stands behind sniping them. they hate fighting someone on the point and die to a Widow.
but honestly shes one of the heros that makes Overwatch a real shooter game.
people cant appriciate that playing her is very hard, headshoting is very hard, being consistant with her is very hard.

doing your job while u have to deal with alot of stuff made to counters u… is very very hard.
how can I stand behind sniping people if there is a Mei behind a shield sniping me her 150 headshots projectiles?

Widow cant be viable since its easy for dive heros to get to her locations… even now with Symmetra u can see a McCree standing in a position u would never think of. thats why Widow is pretty much balanced, she is dominating right now, but wont be a viable pick next patch even with 8 seconds hook…

Blizzard reduced the cd of the hook from 12 seconds to 8 to give her the ability to escape her counters… while knowing that the dive heros has less cd on mobility abilities. means, Widow will be able to escape her counters but she still most likely going to die.

now when a Winston, Genji Tracer, Dva going to dive on a Widow she is pretty much dead.
the hook ability is what she use to escape her counters, it will never be ready fast enough anymore after u take a position. if u take a position and Winston see you, you pretty much dead.

its not fun playing a game where u know that u dont have any chance of escaping ur counters and all of ur gameplay based on if the enemy see u and dive on u or not.

Widow is pretty balanced and wont be played a lot even with 8 seconds hook. that nerf is going to make her a very bad hero to pick.
the thing is, since I know how Blizzard work im pretty sure they do that simply because they dont want people to pick her for a season or 2… and then in the next Season they will rework her and make her better… thats pretty much how Blizzard work… they balance the game and change it every season, their buffs are for a limited time.

4 Likes

GG. Nerf to widows grapple when she has the worst mobility of all dpses probably. Tracer, Genji, Phara, Hanzo, Doomfist, Winston, Dva im lazy to keep on going, all have better mobility. Shes one of the few heroes that actually require some skill. But what we are talking about here… Nerf the dps with one of the worst mobility and the one who require God Aim in a FPS game that half of the roster doesnt require any aim at all rofl. What a gorgeous FPS SHOOTER. And as previously mentiond the buffs/nerfs to another heroes are already a nerf for her. And blizzard think that the Riot’s formula of creating new meta every patch is the way the game will prosper. Welp, nope. GG overwatch team. You surpassed yourself.

4 Likes

6 second CD and the CD starts the moment he’s in the air. That means in a lot of case, by the time you land on Widow, it’s probably already down to 3-4 seconds. Seriously, diving Widow in her current state is not that hard. Granted, 8 seconds is pretty powerful, but honestly, just because you dive her doesn’t mean it’s a free kill. It’s perfectly reasonable that Widow should have a least some chance to survive or put up a fight.

The problem is you want dive to be a free Widow kill. That’s simply not fair.

You can thank the current meta for that. If you’re running Winston to dive a Widow, chances are the enemy team is running Zarya/Hanzo/Brigitte which already puts you at a disadvantage.

It’s not Widow’s fault. It’s the fact that the entire enemy team is simply running the more meta comp while you’re spending time trying to kill the Widow. But now Brigitte’s getting nerfed. Hanzo is getting a slight nerf (probably not enough though). Mercy is getting nerfed. Grav is getting nerfed. So many characters and elements that enabled Widow are getting nerfed, all while several hitscans and Mei are having their ranged buffed. This is all enough to bring dive back into the picture and keep Widow in check. The extra 2 seconds to Hook just crosses the line of excessive.

3 Likes

Genji
Tracer
Mcree
Widow
Bastion
Torb
Phara: Needs direct hits to do most damage
Mei: ice sickle shots
Df: Rocket punch
Rein: Fire strike
Roadhog: Hook and weapon
Orisa
DVA: Micro Missles and weapon
Briggete: Whip Shot
Lucio
Ana
Sombra
Reaper
Zen
Junkrat:
That’s not half the cast:

1 Like

To get full efficiency, you do kind of need to aim with Junkrat.

Spamming works to a degree but direct hits with grenades are the best.

1 Like

Lol, you realize that this means it will take said Winston more than 20 seconds to have a chance kill a pocketed widow, as his net DPS would be 10, and he must reload during which time Mercy would continue to heal the aforementioned Widow.

So now Winston will be able to do some damage to a pocketed Widow instead of zero.

Winston still isn’t winning that fight in your ridiculous scenario, he’s just wasting time.