RIP Widowmaker [MEGA Thread] </3

she has been a must pick in OWL because of the fact that no one is playing dive anymore.
Brigitte in game? ok no Winston, no Dva, no Tracer, no Genji… but instead? Widow, Hanzo… heros with the ability to dmg enemies from long distances.

Widow cant do her job when dive heros jumping on her thats her biggst counter…

3 Likes

I believe it’s a bit of both. If a hero has a ton of counters weather it be soft or hard counters and they are all viable that hero is no longer viable.

Have you ever watched owl? dive is played all the time even now. Widow at that level is super op because everybody has insane aim as well as a team that forms around them.

1 Like

Widow was picked a ton before brig was introduced. Widow/tracer dive was huge for the third/fourth stage of OWL.

But will the extra two seconds REALLY make her that much worse than she is now.

3 Likes

the problem of Widow is the fact that she cant do her job at many parts of the game.

1. when heros shootes at her
  2. when heros dive on her
  3. when theres a widow around
  4. when heros are covered by shields
  5. when people play healers that are not mercy
  6. when the team doesnt push and give u space to snipe

Anyways… she will go back to the point where shes not viable enough because she will get countered that easily with the tons of buffs other heros got. but im pretty sure she will get buffed again in Season 13-14… thats how Blizzard actually work.

what im shocked of is the fact that Blizzard were listening to all of those people that were crying about her being op in a meta where she belongs…
why wouldnt she be good in a meta where no one touch her? nerf Brigitte (as u did) and thats it… case closed… welcome back dive come, see u Hanzo and Widow.

1 Like

Heroes with the same skill curve can be balanced.
Like rock paper scissors is balanced since you need the same skill to show all 3 things.

Overwatch is not like that, Winston and Widow are nowhere near similar.

1 Like

The best Widows in the world can headshot 1 in 5 shots. And a lot of those are easy shots against Orisa or other slow moving targets.

Pharah can kill an entire team with the press of Q. You don’t talk about balance in terms of potential that is really dishonest.

4 Likes

I don’t give a flying fudge, I hate widowmaker, no one will miss her (:

EDIT: Who am I even kidding, her 2 seconds cd nerf will just slow her down, as she should be, she’s not going to disappear.

1 Like

Widow can still be effective if you learn how to position yourself. You shouldn’t be able to stand in one spot and pick people off all day long. I used to play widow in dive because it was a challenge but with brigette it’s just too easy, you don’t have to worry about being flanked or dived and you can just sit out in the open and kill things.

i kinda agree with her grapple nerf

they should leave her gun alone though, revert her fall off nerf
its usefull for hitting your target that has 1 bar

They should buff her gun. The falloff on her rapid fire is terrible.

I didn’t think about it that way, I guess you’re right then. Either way it’s in the nature of the game to be in balanced as much as it sucks that’s the truth.

It’s for CQC not for long range it needs to have severe falloff otherwise SMG widow would be everywhere.

I look up the 1/5 and it’s 20%.

A good widow can kill a fast-moving target, look at Owl were players like Pine, SBB, Taimou, can kill a genji’s ,tracer’s, df’s , etc.

1 Like

Exactly so they should make it more accurate up close by reducing the spread.

Make WIDOW GREAT AGAIN!

Reduce spread = longer range = SMG woods everywhere

http://www.ruwhim.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/donald-trump.jpg

3 Likes

What pro widow has 20% accuracy? On console I have around 45% scoped accuracy.

20% crit accuracy.