RIP Widowmaker [MEGA Thread] </3

Yup. This balance team, mediocre.

Introduce an EASY hero and buff Hanzo, the meta shifts. Widow is viable. Mediocre players cry because they have zero concept of how to play counters, stay behind a shield, and avoid sight-lines.

Now that Brigette’s stun CD is starting to look reasonable and the hamster is being added the meta will shift again, and I can guarantee you Widow isn’t going to be nearly as viable.

A completely unnecessary nerf because of the absolute butthurt everyone feels when a much practiced Widow outplays them.

3 Likes

Your team is disorganized and mediocre and is going to lose anyway.

2 Likes

its still a nerf, and a pocketed Widow wont be as strong as she was against heros like McCree and Soldier.

again I dont think that this nerf is something that Widow needed, they already changed a lot in the game, changes that probably going to make it a lot harder to play Widow. but still with all those changes they decided to nerf the hook cd which got buffed and was balanced for 4 seasons.

4 Likes

Blizzard look closely, this is the real face of the nerf widowmaker threads. People who want one of your heroes removed from the game or so unplayable she might as well be. If you make ppl like that happy then you’re really not on the right side here.

4 Likes

if a mei somehow is allowed to contest a widow and actually win the fight, you got outplayed pretty hard

widowmaker will be fine

To tell you the truth, I don’t mind widow at all since she got counters, but when her counters wasn’t useful anymore, it did get annoying that she can one shot almost the whole cast with no one the contest her except for a Hanzo and a another widow. I’m sorry your hero got nerfed, but I wonder who’s at fault in this.

1 Like

RIP windowmeker??? heroes never die !!
but honestly, something had to be changed

1 Like

You know that Brigitte has a much lower pickrate in GM than Widowmaker, right?

Like, following your argument, you would expect the team with the Widowmaker to run dive heroes, because Widowmaker can take care of Brigitte, so the dive heroes can kill the enemy Widowmaker without worrying about Brigitte. Weird how that doesn’t happen though. (Probably because Hanzo + Zarya are still a stronger combo than dive heroes.)

Widow actually has a really low dps to kill Brigitte, like you can’t really go though the shield, the best you can hope for is she turning sideways for no reason.

Brigitte has to lower her shield to use her combo though. That makes her an ideal target for any sniper.

“Ideal”
A short window in a spot that you may not even see, that will result in your team mate dying, and Brigitte may not even die even if you do land the headshot.

1 Like

What are you even arguing for? There’s a reason her pickrate is so low, and it’s because of the snipers.

Yes, it’s a short window, but it’s enough for any competent sniper. It’s no different than waiting for Reinhardt to drop his barrier, and it doesn’t result in the dying of team mates if she tries to use the combo against dive tanks. That’s why the argument that she is the reason why dive isn’t played is flawed.

1 Like

I’m just saying Widow doesn’t counter Brigitte anywhere near as hard as Brigitte counters dive.

1 Like

i think actually its hanzos weird dmg-output in comparison to skill regarded for aiming (now) to talk about, but thats not the topic…

IMO the problem with widow is:
widow is so damn hard to be good with. additionally she is so skill-based. this means, that its very hard to “balance” her, because a nerf wont really affect pros unless its critically (and totally slingshotting widow out of the game) but instead make her even harder for everyone else to play. while really good players can dominate the (common and not grandmaster-like) game with their accuracy, its very hard or even nearly impossible for casual or medium skilled ppl to be useful with her.
dont know where to start fixing that problem. maybe mix up hanzo and widow and delete the second part, resulting in a decent mobile sniper with great range, decent obscurantisting abillities and lower dmg (you will mention that its actually everything hanzo already has but hey, we talk about widow)? dunno…

She’s not the only thing that countered dive. Hanzo melts any dive tank that comes at him, which is much harder to counter than a sniper who simply runs away.

Widowmaker dominated the meta because she was the best counter to Brigitte’s playstyle and comp, not because Dive was suddenly gone. Despite Brigitte being gone from OWL and High level ladder, Widowmaker was still dominating the meta. Why? Because Double Snipers boosted by Zenyatta and Mercy prevented Dive from being able to play without a perfect run. Winston doesn’t provide enough shielding to protect his team and leaving them to deal with Widow exposes his team to Hanzo and vice versa. Coupled by how good positioning and her low cooldown Grapple allowed her to punish Dives without getting hit back and the end result of her Hook being nerfed was obvious.

Even with this change, it doesn’t stop her from being able to one shot enemies. She’s still going to be the GOAT Damage hero thanks to Mercy/Zenyatta; the difference now is that she can’t just kite the enemy Dive for free anymore.

I agree with the points you’re trying to make but this hurt my eyes to read.

Cry me a river. Widow is dominating and single-handedly deciding matches. No other hero is responsible for as many one-shot deaths (maybe Hanzo comes close).

Widow is fine. Get over it.