RIP Ana (Really frustrated at the neglect)

Value at Skill floor: the contribution to the team when your skill level is at the floor. Low skill floor means that you provide low impact to your team when you’re at the floor of the skill.

Here’s a guide on how it works: YouTubs + /watch?v=AQ4BAG520LY&t=2s

Maybe don’t just say things without looking into them?

Besides, I explained it in my post, and yet you still replied like that?

It’s not about the value, it’s about how much skill you have to have in order to be as effective as xy.

You talk about the value - the output, I’m talking about the skill required - the input.
If you look it up, most people will say the opposite of what you and the guy on the video describe.

Low Skill floor = low skill required to be effective

By your or his definition, it should be called something like “Value” or “Effectiveness” - floor (the minimum value someone brings at the skill floor)

(btw. he literally wrote effectiveness on his graph, also the axis on his graph are wrong lol)

Low skill-floor means easy to pickup since for ever. The way he made his graphs makes it correct on what he says but it’s still meant in a different way by most people.

Basicly you and I agree on the subject though. We both think Ana is hard to learn and get value out of so there is no reason to let terminology derail the discussion.
Also there is no reason to get jumpy on me. Calm down.

5 Likes

100% with you there.

I love to play Ana, she’s so much fun.

It’s just really getting harder and harder to justify picking her when I KNOW I could be offering way more constant things as any other support.

Like I have around 65%-70% accuracy on Ana so I know I can get some value out of her, but then I could just play Mercy or Moira or even Zen and offer way more value to the team without them having to build around me.

They don’t need to do huge sweeping changes either.

Start with a healing passive; go from there if it doesn’t help. Such an easy change and it’s beyond frustrating that they continue to ignore such a fast change to help Ana be level with the other supports.

5 Likes

She’s already overpowered now.

2 Likes

ya man she needs something. i have a feeling they will buff her soon

1 Like

I hope so

Then again, I have been waiting for a YEAR for a meaningful buff…

4 Likes

No way. We’ll see if she gets played in comp once she goes live.

You will for sure; She’s hard to pin down and get an easy kill on with Tracer or Genji.

Brigitte/ Moira will probably be the go to healers in most of ladder with Zen/ Lucio being more at the top end, Mercy sprinkled around, and Ana forgotten :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:slightly_frowning_face:

Ana is stilll on any meta. She is very strong at heal only lose to moira. She have the granade to boost heal or prevent it. It’s too op. she have the sleep dart to. That 'd be a problem for genji player

I started to main Ana and have ~20 hours with this hero. It’s REALY fun to play on her, but… The most annoying to me is reload. When enemy team pushes our team and I am healing for example Reinhardt, on my reload he is dead. And Grenade has too long cooldown for this situation. Other problem is escape, only option for me is use sleep and jump to my team or use grenade on my foot and again jumping to my team. I really want selfheal passive.

Exactly. As soon as Mercy is no longer a must pick (and still played quite a lot with a fair amount of viability) all of these crybaby Mercy mains pretend that the Devs have deleted Mercy from the game before even trying her after the nerf. They forget that Ressurect is extremely impactful but it requires decision making and timing to use without getting killed.

Meanwhile, us Ana mains have had to wait a year for 10 damage extra on her primary fire. Just as I had left console to play PC instead, Ana finally gets an allied aim assist.

I am really disappointed with the way the Overwatch team approaches balance. It takes a year for Blizzard to realise these F-Tier heroes need buffing (Sombra, Mei, Doomfist, Torbjörn, Hanzo) and Ana isn’t even on the list, despite a ~45% winrate (and pickrate doesn’t mean ####)! They need to start actually using the PTR for what it is meant for - radically changing and testing heroes. Give Ana regen on the PTR! It doesn’t have to go live, it’s a bloody PTR. The devs need to be faster when it comes to balance changes.

Not to mention Moira does what Ana does twice as well with half the effort.

We need some sort of reply from the Devs, seriously. Surely they know by now that Ana is still struggling (unsurprisingly giving her 10 damage extra didn’t make her viable again) - they have access to all the statistics - please Devs! This doesn’t just apply for Ana though, it took them more than 100 days for them to nerf Mercy into something that wasn’t a must pick.

6 Likes

You DO know she has the worst winrate in the entire game current right?

Like HANZO has a higher average winrate.

Ana isn’t even in the top 10 for Grandmaster, and is still picked less than Mercy in OWL

Ana is statistically one of the worst characters in terms of risk to reward. Go play Ana for a day in QP or Comp and then tell me she’s fine.

6 Likes

Totally agreed.
Ana is fun to play with, but sucks when you want to win. It’s the truth.
I don’t understand why people flame Hanzo in Comp but have said nothing to Ana. It’s only because she heals others? No! Even if she heals, your team will lose, because actually she can’t stay alive to do it.

Picking Ana is more trolling than picking Hanzo.
Blizzard is ignoring this fact.

6 Likes

It’s 100% BECAUSE she is a healer people don’t think she’s in a bad spot

“Oh no healer could be that bad!”

Unless they look at Ana’s average winrates :confused:

5 Likes

Totally agreed.
If I’m not wrong, 45% (or 46%) is the lowest winrate of all supports in Overwatch history. That mean picking Ana as a second healer is worse than picking one more tank or DPS with single healer.

On psn at bronze she has a 38% win rate. That’s insanely low considering there are 5 other people on the team that should have roughly a 50% win rate. The problem is she’s so much harder to play than any other character that outside of the top 1%, everyone else will play her at like 500 sr below any other character.

3 Likes

It’s just sad that the Devs refuse to even give us a smidge of information regarding Ana. What are they doing? They’d better be doing something absolutely amazing cough guilds cough

2 Likes

Well I think it’s just the simple fact she sees playtime :confused:

Rather than be like; “Oh she’s in one of the worst spots better do something to help” It’s just nothing at all because she see’s playtime

Nano should heal target to full health and her damage should be increased to 75 or clip size increased to 15.

2 Likes