RIP Ana (Really frustrated at the neglect)

Well it’s been fun.

With the buffs to Sombra, and now Brigitte on the way, that Ana offers is almost totally pointless.

They seriously can’t be thinking this is okay, when Moira and Brigitte exist in a game where Ana’s only defensive tools and healing are on 12 and 10 second cooldown.

Ana is PUNISHED for healing someone who doesn’t need 75 health; No other support, not even Brigitte suffers from this. Zen, Lucio, and Mercy just heal you to full and lose nothing, Moira has a lingering after heal, and Brigitte gives armour.

Like seriously getting really mad with how they have continued to ignore and keep Ana in the dirt.

She needs changes STAT to even compete.

BRIGITTE HEALS FROM HER ULT, AND DOING DAMAGE; ANY DAMAGE. I can get to 400 hp on her yet Ana isn’t allowed to have a healing passive and more ammo?

EDIT; So it’s been a LONG time, and there is STILL nothing that has changed. Even though Sombra was nerfed and still has a low pickrate and winrate that wasn’t something I expected to happen.

Though Brigitte did live up to expectations, she’s super powerful.

Here’s a link to a less salty idea I had to help Ana as well; Ana powershift/ "rework"

340 Likes

Nonsense. You play as much Ana as you like. If anything, more tanks = more protection for the granny.

-SoaringEagle :eagle::it:

32 Likes

How about wait and see before declaring characters DOA. New character and everyone equally is excited for her or just roll over dead.

11 Likes

But why play Ana, when I could play Moira or Brigitte, do more for the team, and be rewarded for my efforts

What does Ana offer at this point, that they don’t other than Anti-heal?

It’s just depressing seeing how far Ana has fallen, and then THIS

102 Likes

Brigitte will only help make Ana more viable, think about it. All of the characters that can easily dive Ana will now have a pseudo-tank protecting and healing her which will facilitate her role of being the longest range healer in the game. I wouldn’t be so quick to call for Ana changes when there’s now a hero that can support her greatly.

53 Likes

Problem is that Brigitte needs to be up close and personal with the enemy team to really take benefit of her passive. If she sticks at medium ranges with Ana, then Brigitte loses value. Moira/ Brigitte or Zen/ Brigitte are WAY more effective support options

And that’s the problem again, Ana can only be viable because of another character? Why can’t they just fix her and let her be viable by herself.

68 Likes

This is what people wanted. Moria was the beginning and now Bridgette. Everyone wants those medals but you can’t get them being a healer. It’s Blizzard’s CoD now. This is the future. Every hero is a DPS and some are better at it than others.

Now, when someone says, “we had no heals” the healer will proudly say, “I have gold elims so I had to carry our bad DPS”

17 Likes

I think it’s a big positive that healer can take care of themselves. After all most DPS players relied on the healers but never even tried to protect them.

40 Likes

Oh for sure

Except that’s why they nerfed Ana’s damage in the first place

And then left her useless for a year

And now she’s not even going to see the light of day again after this lolol

29 Likes

I agree with that. I like sniping Phara out the air as Ana. I don’t make it a habit to try and get gold everything though which is what Moria players do in my experience. I suspect it to be the same for Bridgette

6 Likes

Ana is the only healer that lacks the ability to protect herself, self healing to sustain herself or a disengage. She literally can’t do anything against flankers unless her team is baby sitting her.

Why is this okay? Why is it okay to leave Ana to rot while the entire roster (except Bastion) surpasses her? Ana is an extremely popular character. We love her that’s why we play her even when it’s so hard to do so.

Yet you ignore her, you give her no disengage, no ability to get to high ground, no healing passive, no offensive strength, long cooldowns. She is a healer, she is a priority target. You can’t give her a kit that won’t let her survive and expect her to be okay. Living is the primary job of a healer. If you die you are useless. She has no tools to prolong her life.

That is why Ana suffers so much. #freeAna

67 Likes

I really think this is incorrect. Ana has a much higher healing output than Zen, and much longer range healing than Moira. Now that there is a character that allows for the best parts of her kit to shine, I think she may become a totally viable choice.

I don’t think it’s a problem for certain heroes to facilitate other heroes; that’s how the game works. Tracer makes Genji a much better pick, D.Va makes Winston a better pick, Mercy makes Pharah a better pick, etc.

And regardless of that, Ana isn’t even completely unviable at the moment like you’re suggesting. Teams in OWL having been using her really effectively recently.

4 Likes

Do you even play Ana often?

Sombra is more of a problem for the escape DPS/Tanks then it would be for an Ana.

2 Likes

I think the key question is, what does Ana need to become as viable as other supports, is it 80 damage per shot? is it more healing per shot? is it lower cool downs on her abilities?

3 Likes

I main Ana. I really don’t think it will be as much of a problem for supports with the Sombra buffs as it will be for DPS/Tanks.

1 Like

Lots of bad anas out there don’t even know her worth, she can deny healing on enemy team, nullify a zenyatta in a graviton, sleep a soldier or mccree ultimating…

4 Likes

Press H, pick Brigette, profit

People get way too hung up on character identity, when they are really just different load outs with fancy stories

1 Like

Doesn’t matter about the healing output sadly; Since Brigitte is in the thick of things her large passive aura heals up the people around her. Mix that with Moira/ Zen and range doesn’t really matter as her heal is also about 30 metre range lock on (That can over heal with armour)

OWL isn’t the live game is the problem; Ana still has the worst winrates up until GM. Plus they aren’t playing with the buffed Mei or Sombra, and soon Brigitte being added. Ana LOOKED like she was on the way to being at least niche, but I don’t doubt she’ll be dropped

4 Likes

I think any team/group of people would rather have a good Ana over a good Moira/zen or Mercy.

1 Like

you don’t seem to understand , when the enemy attack you as ana , you have to use your sleep dart to protect yourself , and your nano granade to heal yourself.

and now with a moira on every other enemy team , you keep taking chip damage from her ball that you need another support to heal up for you or use your 10 second cooldown on yourself.

being able to use sleep dart and grenade offensively is the dream.

23 Likes