RIP Ana (Really frustrated at the neglect)

That would be very nice

Though I think healing the target to full might be a bit dangerous. Maybe if it had the old movespeed buff but it decayed quickly over time so that it becomes slightly more viable to use outside of ult combos but doesn’t make it an “I win” button

1 Like

It’s an ultimate. It’s supposed to be dangerous. Most of the time it’s used on full health targets as an initiator ult anyways. This would simply allow Ana to make clutch plays by quickly healing someone to full who is about to die- and solidify her role as the best burst healer.

I’m also fine with the movespeed buff. It was so fun nanoboosting a Reinhardt back in S2. Lol.

3 Likes

Tell that to Mercy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Nanoboost is already a pretty good ultimate; Good in some situations bad in others.

Which is what I want for Ana; I don’t want another situation where there’s one super powerful support that overshadows the others. Ana’s done it, Zen’s done it, Lucio’s done it, Mercy’s done it, I don’t want it to happen again.

1 Like

Nanoboost isn’t the chief complaint. Efficacy is. Ana’s too easily outdone and too easily countered to be of any worth in the field. To pick her is to gimp your team for NOT picking another support hero. That is our chief complaint.

You can isolate any one skill or any one trait, fix that and you will still NOT solve Ana’s problem.

Ana’s a model T with a front loaded crank shaft in an age of solid state electrical vehicles. Fixing the motor or tires or mirrors isn’t going to cut it.

2 Likes

Exactly this

Ana has the underlying issue of lacking something that no other support does; A consistent way to keep themselves topped up.

Her grenade has a chance to not fully heal (Any hp under 100), has a 10 second cooldown, not to mention it is WAY better used on the team/ enemy. Half of Ana’s value is wasted just trying to stay alive.

Ana is still the only character in the game who can 100% block all healing for 4 seconds yet sees VERY little play; that is all kinds of messed up.

1 Like

Missed a few weaknesses: lack of mobility, long cooldowns

3 Likes

Honestly I’d consider nano-boost a low tier ultimate. Every other support ultimate is significantly better in most situations. Are you more likely to win a fight by initiating with nanoboost? Or are you more likely to win by initiating with transcendence and your entire team be near invincible for 6 seconds? (Rhetorical question, but really transcendence is a better initiator in most cases and it’s actually a defensive ultimate, unlike nanoboost).

I think if Ana could “trade ults” when any other support, her winrate would actually go up. That in itself, which is purely based on speculation and holds no value, makes me think her ultimate could use some buffs.

Just throwing my opinion out there. Feel free to disagree. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I’d like to see full hitscan, and personal heal boost as a passive.

1 Like

So far I liked multiple ideas I had the joy to read on this forum so far. I’d like to put them together with some of my own I came up with.

-Piercing shots - heal through allies. Every ally hit will decrease further healing by half.
(First target 75 healing, second target 37 healing, third target 17 healing etc.)
Full health allies get ignored so the effect start with the first person not being at full health.
This should work with biotic grenades healing boost too.

-Wall climb belt - Ana can shoot a hook out of her belt which sticks to a wall. The hook can be retracted fast, letting her double jump up a wall on a small cooldown (6s.) to prevent spaming the ability.

-Let her regenerate health based on her healing done with her rifle. (Biotic grenade/self healing excluded).

-Tether Boost - If Ana uses her ultimate on an ally, she tethers her target onto herself. As long as they are tethered together, both the target and Ana receive the effect of nanoboost. The tether can be broken by LOS, exceeding the maximum range (35m - 40m but can be reconnected if requirements are met again shortly after) or broken entirely by Ana’s death.

-Ana can self target her ultimate by holding Q for one second without having a target selected. This way you can prevent her from accidentaly using it wrong.

Her ultimate cost would have to be increased by a small amount because her potential healing is increased and her ultimate would be improved.

2 Likes

We really need devs comment on this topic.

I think one thing that would help balance her out at all the tiers is make her aim much more forgiving. You can’t simply buff her healing or she might become too strong at the pro tier. But the main difference is since she can miss, at lower tiers her healing is awful. Trying to heal a Tracer/Genji? Good luck.

1 Like

I don’t really agree here; Ana’s value has always been tied to the player’s performance. Making it easier to land shots means people who are already not having trouble having an easier time and Ana’s value skyrocketing without fixing the core issues she struggles with.

Ana was always designed as a “higher end” support, being better the more comfortable you got with the character, and rewarding your effort put into her. This isn’t the case as much anymore as the other supports can offer more direct and consistent ways of helping the team WITHOUT draining their unique abilities on themselves.

4 Likes

Ever seen the idea where each time Ana tags an enemy with her primary fire, it applies a small, .8 second anti heal? It’s one of my favorites. Could do wonders at dealing with enemies being pocketed.

1 Like

Brigitte doesn’t really do the same thing as Ana, so it’s not fair to compare the two. I do agree though, Moira makes Ana unnecessary. I’d like to see ether a nerf to Moira’s HPS or some buff for Ana, like a larger mag size, or 2 grenadez. I think Ana would be in a good place after that.

One other thing about Ana I think I’d like seen removed or altered in some way is when she reloads from zero shots. I don’t know why only Ana gets this, but it feels like her reload time is longer when the clip is entirely empty. Get rid of it.

Not really comparing the two; more pointing out the falsehood that people were saying that Brigitte is going to help Ana out, when they both work at totally different ranges.

Moira is fine; It’s just the fact that Ana can’t compete with a character who heals almost as much and is SAFER to play. If both Ana and Moira burn their abilities only Moira still has some form of self sustain in her passive, Ana has absolutely nothing to keep herself alive.

3 Likes

Brigitte synergizes with Ana she doesn’t make her useless. Ana isn’t a heal focused hero anymore. You have to hit nades and darts to get value. Thats what your supposed to do not just pump healing. Since moira is much better at that. But no other support has the utility that Ana has.

Brigitte doesn’t synergize with Ana due to the fact that:

A) Brigitte’s healing is dependant on whether or not she’s damage to the enemy team.
B) Brigitte needs to be in the middle of the battle in order to actually get any impact whereas Ana wants to stay away from battle so she isn’t immediately picked off or hit by damage.

Ana’s utility is on too-long of cooldowns in order for her to be wholly reliant on her utility. Furthermore, her strongest utility is usually wasted trying to heal herself because she can’t heal from chip damage.

Also, trying to say that Ana isn’t heal focused when she’s a very good burst healer and her utility actually boosts her healing isn’t the best thing.

Not to mention that Biotic Grenade’s effect duration being shortened means that if your team doesn’t capitalize on it within the area of 4-seconds, it could potentially be wasted.

Ana has utility, yes…but that’s all she has and it’s INCONSISTENT.

Almost everything in her kit is either blocked by barriers, map design, and even her teammates.

The fact of the matter at hand is, Ana’s kit has not aged well as Overwatch evolves and grows as a game and at this point in time you are better off picking any other healer.

Why else would you pick a healer who can have her entire effectiveness ruined by basic game mechanics and their own teammates?

5 Likes

Pharah has rockets. If Ana’s to “wall climb” it might be better suited for her to borrow a set of wrist rockets from her daughter to boost herself up a floor or two.

The same as what was seen on the movie Interstellar — the scenes where they jump up or down on the ice planet.

At least the what and where’s of the tech she’d use to go up or down with make better sense than the pair of Batman grappling hooks proposed. Plus, grappling hooks are Widowmaker’s deal — not Ana’s.

It also makes it easy for the DEVs to set the recharge time on the wrist rockets to whatever cooldown they think balanced.

Honestly, if she could climb ledges i would be happy.

Almost as much ? Moira has 75Hp/s with her Orb and 80Hp/s with her spray that combined is like double the healing of Ana without really having to aim

2 Likes