☠️ Revert Symmetra's Primary!

idk i dont like how sym was the no aim hero

Her current 180dps is a lot lower than her old 120dps if you take in consideration one simple thing, accuracy , unless you’re T500 material, you’ll just do about the same thing or lower than the old dps, but it’ll be MUCH lower in smaller targets for example, like tracer or genji, which she used to be pretty damn effective against before.

Did they seriously thing that everybody, from bronze to T500, have like 50% accuracy with such tiny lazer? even I who used to play zarya non-stop have like 45-49% accuracy in good games, also remember that zarya have ways of getting in her lazer range, ways to defend herself and instant secondary fire with much more generous AoE, symmetra gun is just a poor’s man zarya weapon, worse damage, worse range, worse secundary and no self defense .

1 Like

They will not revert it she is now vulnerabile in close range after photon barrier has gone, getting close to an enemy is death sentence for sym.

bb I played Sombra and I can aim… left click is just not reliable… at all no matter how godlike your aim is… even Seagull has complaints about the leftclick… like guess we can’t take his word either…

that’s why they need to do something about either her damage or give her more survivability… like doomfist is also a close range character but he get’s shield when hitting an ability… Symm just needs something more

Doomfist doesn’t have mid range abilities, sym can teleport throw sentry and spam orb and her ult doesn’t need to be in close range, why would give her extremely close range weapon when her kit in mid range.

1 Like

Back to auto-aim? No thanks. Even though I liked old Symmetra (I prefer the new tho), the auto-aim is just bad.

What’s wrong with a lower skill roof character having power in the game? I mean mercy, winston, brigitte with their “no aim” toolkit are bringing a huge difference in the game as well. Why can’t Symmetra be one too?

1 Like

exactly ! well said 20 characters

She doesn’t need auto aim.

She doesn’t need a lock on mechanic.

She just needs her beam to be turned into a cone, like Moiras.

Once that is done, she’s mostly fixed.

What we should really be concerned about is the fact that we’re being double penalized by using the weapon. Not only do we have to maintain accuracy with it, we also have to ramp it up through the levels before it’s useful.

The ramping up mechanic was for the benefit of the enemy the old weapon “latched” onto. It gave them time to get away before it got to facemelting status. The mechanics on the weapon worked differently then.

Now that we no longer have a lock on, and we’re aim dependent like every other character, we should no longer ramp up to do our damage. No other character has that mechanic.

1 Like

It’s worth remembering untill recently Reaper was a 250 hp hero with effectively no mobility, little sustain, no escape ability worth using and small range, she was worse sure but not much worse than the guy specifically built as a tank buster.

I will gladly admit current her has issues. I preferred her old alt fire, bring it back with a little more speed and I’d be fine with that. Her new ult is basically trash, as is her primary fireunless you have great tracking, then it is okay I guess. Even though I would call her turrets better as they can be replaced during a fight way more easily, so their effectiveness while a little weaker lasts way longer.

Her teleport is an interesting one as I agree it needs loads of co-ordination to work, but in my experience the issue there is Sym players tend to stay out of chat more and ignore what the team is saying. I get why, there are a lot of calls for her to swap, but what’s worse than picking a hero that isn’t that great is picking a hero that needs communication and actively not doing any. I have the same problem often with Sombra players where what makes them a ‘bad’ pick is the people playing the hero, not the hero.

Your point about her not feeling like Sym is true, but the hero that did feel like Sym was a bad hero. At some point to make her good (while she still has problems the foundation is better now) you have to abandon what made her bad and that will change the way the hero feels. It was up to Sym mains, did they want the hero they loved to continue to suck or change and start to be good, the endless calls for buffs after multiple reworks and changes prove Sym mains wanted this, even if more changes are needed the fundamental nature of the hero was were the problem lay, and changing that will change how she feels.

It isnt cod it is team based and the auto lock is what made sym sym

It just got buffed on PTR with a 20% damage charge up buff!

It’s still just a worse Zarya beam though.

2 Likes

Yes, but Zaryas projectile is weaker than Syms. It’s called balance, but now you can actually shred Dva and shields much faster with Mouse1, ramping up a 5th faster on each level gets you to lvl 3 very quickly, then that shield just melts like butter and reloads all your ammo!

It doesn’t even help that kitsch. It still takes a total of 3.2seconds to even reach max charge. And putting yourself in front of that barrier or dva is bound to get you killed with how bad your survivability is.

Plus they didn’t adjust the tick rate at all. The thing still only does half damage against armor, and requires 75% pin point accuracy to even do 120dps.

I’m sorry, but this buff does nothing for sym besides make her more likely to get killed charging her trash fire Zarya beam.

Revert Syms primary fire and she would be 10x better tbh.

God yes please bring back my bae

Good luck getting anyone from “the team” to read Symmetra threads at all.

They just did a balance change to her, we jut got a charge rate buff. So of course they are taking on board feedback!