☠️ Revert Symmetra's Primary!

The main problem with symm 3.0 is her primary fire. I think that a simple revert of that ( even with the old weapon damage) would fix the issue.
Could the devs answer this?
What do you guys think?

72 Likes

I don’t think going back to lock on is a good idea. I think having it rank up faster like it did before would be nice though.

35 Likes

I think that’s a good idea too. My main purpose with this topic is getting an answer from the devs about the primary fire. I don’t mind if they don’t like the revert idea. I just want the primary fire issue to be discussed (and solved)

8 Likes

I could take or leave the lock-on, but if they stick with how it is now, I’d like them to add in-between steps to the ramp-up. Instead of going from 60 to 120 after two seconds, it could go from 60 to 75 after 0.5 seconds, from 75 to 90 after another 0.5 seconds, etc. It would allow her primary to become more reliable without taking away the core ramp-up mechanic. It would decrease at the same rate, of course.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t say a full revert but maybe a quicker charge and a soft lock on like Moira’s primary may do the trick too.

5 Likes

I want it back! The current primary is never going to be good for what they want, it’s not like I as Sym can waltz up to the enemy shield and calmly burn it down without getting my 200 hp immediately destroyed.

Revert it but nerf the damage and make it unable to keep the lock-on around corners - done! Now she can do better ranged damage while still being lethal close range. Should this still be too strong I’d rather they nerf her turret damage.

11 Likes

Oh please no.

I often find this argument can be solved by people swapping the secondary and primary bindings.

7 Likes

I like your idea but I would rather them revert turrets than give them a damage nerf.

I don’t really care which, I just miss being able to actually punish mobile characters who got too close!

5 Likes

There were a lot of problems with old Sym but 1 was that she was a weird mix of broken usless and stupid OP. A big part of that was her primary fire while lacking range was insanely good without being too difficult to use. A Sym with any talent whatsoever was basically as good a tank buster as Reaper. It was fine when the rest of her kit sucked but nerfing that was needed alongside all her buff’s, otherwise she’s be OP. You cannot keep your cake and eat it. I’d add though the current animation looks awful,Blizzard need to make that look a little better.

It has been discussed, use it on barriers to be able to do damage and not waste time reloading, especially on solo barrier tanks trying to stall.

Use it on DVA to bypass matrix.

Use it to spycheck and stop Sombra hacks.

We are rewarded with a high damage AoE righclick with increased velocity, TP as an ability and an ultimate that can turn a battle now. She can already carry if you can do the actions I list above.

So a lock on ability would be both boring and OP.

You want lock on, use your turrets near you or prepare TP-Turret Bombs and go in with them.

As a Symmetra player that has been in the top 100 Sym players of the world on overbuff. I am happy with the change.

16 Likes

worst idea ever! 20 characters.

2 Likes

give us a buffed symm 2.0 i always say . give this new kit to sanje or some other hero

2 Likes

Also the secondary fire, if the secondary fire’s barrier piercing really was a problem, one could just revert that and put it on cooldown (like Lúcio boop).

1 Like

See I want the revert for a different reason: Friends who have disabilities in their hands (carpal tunnel, injuries) have found that they really don’t want to play a lot anymore. They were sym “mains” because it was a hero they could play and enjoy without putting their hands through a lot of stress. I wish they balanced around that original idea.

5 Likes

Her primary is s… too bad. Please, Blizzard. Just give her the old primary and she’ll be fine.

4 Likes

As cool as it would be, I don’t think the devs want a character in the damage category with an auto lock primary fire.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, that’s true😭

I agree, her primary fire is a mess

2 Likes

As much as I want a revert she would not be able to survive without her 2.0 Photon Barrier. The Golden days of Symmetra are over.

5 Likes