đŸ‘ș Revert Sym's Primary (A lot of Links)

Okay, fine. Lets take your favorite tank (I’m just going by your icon) and take his shield away.

I mean, I know he’s had a shield since the games inception, but for the sake of a rework, we’re going to take a core mechanic of his playstyle, and remove it. No more shield.

While we’re at it, we’re going to make it so that you have to aim his hammer. If your reticle isn’t over an enemy, you will not hit them when you swing.

By the way, your charge is going to be reworked as well, instead of charging the enemy, you’re just going to lose the ability entirely, and instead you’ll now skip like a little school girl playing hopscotch to your target.

Thank goodness you’ve got your brain to count on, because while you’re busy hopscotching your way to your enemies, you’ll need it.

1 Like

So how do you suggest Symmetra is fixed then? I personally don’t care whether I have to aim or not, I want Symmetra fixed. Fix her weapon, fix her garbage ult, give her some sustain, or HP or some way to survive or some mobility. Anything really.

1 Like

@Jester

Lol the amount that you’re trying to pin other people’s threads as replies to my comments is sad. They don’t even contextually make sense with what I am saying. I literally just made a post saying that aim isn’t the only skill, and then you link a post validating it.

This is a strawman argument. How is that in any way the same as what the current argument is?

More strawmanning.

If they compensated him by having more damage because he has to aim, I’d be fine with it.

6 Likes

Fix the damage tick problem and make the damage ramp up more quickly.

Edit: or even increase the base damage number (at minimum charge)

2 Likes

My thread got pinged OuO

1 Like

I’m cool with that. Like I said, aim has never been an issue for me. But Symmetra needs some help, she is in a very bad spot still.

1 Like

As a Sym lover
 definitely not. You need to get used to the new LMB. It could use some fine-tuning, but reverting it is never going to happen.

A tip I can give you, try playing some moira and then come back to Sym. Moira will improve your tracking significantly without you even noticing it.

1 Like

Yep, I totally agree. She does definitely need help. I think her current state can be balanced if tweaked properly.

1 Like

Links for two other threads

1 Like

Is this what you think they did to Symmetra? You think they gave her more damage? 100% of 120dps is
120dps. 50% of 180dps is 90dps. Not to mention, it takes three times as long to get to that 90 dps as well. Take Armor into account, and you’re doing 45dps.

So, you’re ok with that?

If I took Reinhardts weapon cleave away, made it targeted, do less damage over all to your targets, but tell you “Hey, it’ll do 180DPS now!” and leave out that you’ll be doing 45dps to your armored targets would be ok?

What is happening with the forums? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
We don’t need to ask for reverts like this one because it will never happen.

Her primery is not that bad when you use it in the right moment!
I have about 50% accuracy with it and i use it a lot.

The most damage and kills is done by her turrets, they are really powerful :wink: Don’t underrestimate the rest of her kit!

Look at mei - she also has a primery that is not being used all the time. Her power lies in her icicles.

1 Like

I personally think the addition of characters who dont aim but are skilled in other ways is good for the game

Especially for us who prefer a more tactical approach to the game than a fps (things like builders)

5 Likes

Thank you so much, I wanna get people viewing it as it’s being buried so fast haha

3 Likes

I agree with Fragehardt. For the love of all that is sacred and holy, do not bring back that monstrosity of a weapon. I am so glad that it is gone.

That said, I do think her primary is underwhelming right now. But that isn’t because it isn’t lock on. I think some other suggestions in this thread about maybe increasing the ramp up, or just starting with a higher base damage could easily make it a much better weapon.

And while it certainly doesn’t apply to everyone, if you’ve watched Seagull recently (I know, he’s really good so this may not be most of us), but he can carry with Symmetra now. She CAN be good in the right hands spamming mostly right clicks. Her primary does need a buff but not a revert, please not a revert.

3 Likes

yea the charge should start from 1 sec into 2 seconds. And even tho her ultimate is pretty useful people don’t like having an utility ult on a dps character
 I always though they should add a minor slow when enemies would walk through the barrier, like not too much and not stackable but just something to have it be more “scary”

1 Like

I honestly think the only tweak she really needs is a setup like Moira. A cone instead of a straight line for her primary. Maybe reduce the number of ticks her primary weapon has, so that armor doesn’t negate it so hard.

Giving Symmetra her old primary back would be the final nail in the coffin for my enjoyment of this game.

Bad enough they even added Brig.

2 Likes