Revert Mercy please

valk is cancer as ult and makes it so she cant have good st healing.

swap it to a low duration long cd E and move rez back to ult. You can adjust how often rez is up, it wont be up at start of match (which many ppl hate for undoign early pick), and she can actually have an “oh i need more healing at this moment” cooldown like most every other primary healer has… (ana has bionade, moira has heal orb, bap regen burst)

valk early on WAS ultimate worthy, but it has been nerfed so much to a glorified cooldown skill.

dont need mass rez back (it was nice, but again not a req.) but valk needs to go away from her ult.

6 Likes

Even with Mass Ressurect, she was low tier for the longest (because even with it, it was countered by another ultimate) and balanced by everything else in her kit (could only heal/damage boost one at a time, squishy, pitiful at defending herself). It was only really changed due to one tricking/pro complaints because there were ways of balancing the ult, but they went in a different direction…

4 Likes

Actually, they literally heal more than her in one go
Moira can double her healing output at the press of a button
and Baptiste can mitigate killing blows altogether

While Mercy can Ressurect she can only do so after the fact and only by putting herself at risk

5 Likes

Moira also has her heals on a resource she has to recharge as well as an 8 second cooldown. She also doesn’t have the utility Mercy can bring

That’s because lamp is just broken in general. That’s more of a Bap is super powerful problem rather than a Mercy is too weak problem. Not to mention Bap has to reload his heals and can miss since his healing is a lobbes projectile

Yes, that’s what is called a weakness/trade off. Almost every character and powerful ability has one.

But instead of you trying to lead me off onto a tangent about Rez, I’m going to double down on my statement about Mercy’s healing.

Mercy’s healing isn’t going to be as strong as Moira’s or Baptiste’s, because Mercy has super consistent heals that won’t stop as long as Mercy keeps healing. Moira has a resource and lengthy cooldown on her healing. Baptiste has a reload and can easily miss his projectile based healing.

1 Like

Mass Rez mercy worked better imo. Because then a Mercy making a BAD decision on Rez’ing wasn’t happening. Let alone a Mercy in Moth-mode, is not flying around at random, while a soldier 76 or Widow is trying to pick her out of the sky. I gotta say. That protecting the key healer for the game is frustrating since they implemented it.

2 Likes

And id take a different trade off.

In fact here are the things I’d do

Remove her self healing/lower it, make her primary healing beam more like moiras secondary fire, increase cooldown of ga, remove infinite ammo from valkyrie, reduce flight speed and duration,

and then buff Mercy by having one single target instant resurrect every 30 seconds. The 30 seconds I see as enough of a trade off.

Baptiste gets to have IF on a 20 second cooldown that not only protect him but also his teammates while not requiring him to be stunned without any way to cancel it, along with the drone having as much hp as mercy but without a critical hitbox and the cooldown starting as soon as it is deployed meaning he can potentially have a 12 second cooldown on it with 6 seconds of uptime.

Make her heals less consistent and have some sort of aim required like a beam, and the rest of the stuff i mentioned I think is more than enough so that her “iconic” ability is retained.

Fact is that what the developers said they wanted to do with the rework was not done.

Mercy is still incentivized to hide to resurrect, and she does not have an extra ability to use in combat. SHe has an ultimate on a cooldown that required several nerfs even with a 30 second cooldown (mainly because they thought it was a good idea to make it have a reduced and refreshed cooldown with valk).

WIth her mobility being much more depictive of Mercy, having to sacrifice it for resurrect is a bit flawed imo.

I dont think they should revert her by any means but if its a trade off you want ill gladly give up all the things i mentioned and more.

Though in all honesty I think they should remove resurrect altogether.

I’m going on a bit of a tangent but if you want to read a long-drawn out opinion on what I think you are more than welcome to read it here (though you probably wont)

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/yet-another-mercy-thread/355676

2 Likes

I say revert her HP/S nerf since it happened before rolequeue/lock. After that, she’ll be the perfect support again

No thank you. Whilst I definitely prefer mass Res over current Mercy, I’m not going to pretend as if 1.0 didn’t have its own issues. I’d be far more enthusiastic if you were to advocate for a rework which involved some sort of mass Res.

Imo, since Blizzard are never going to ever acknowledge their mistakes and current Mercy is pretty fine right now besides requiring tiny buffs to make her more impactful, I’m just going to say, just give her back 60HP. :man_shrugging:t4:

It’s selfish and hypocritical to dismiss the players who also prefer old Mercy. I’m just saying. :man_shrugging:t4:

This ain’t an argument.

4 Likes

Given the context, it was pretty obvious that they weren’t referring to her balanced state and was clearly citing their personal view on Mercy.

4 Likes

Not to mention it happened with the other supports (sans Brig and Zen) got buffed. I mean, would have been nice to see how the buffs fair before going through with the nerf.

6 Likes

Mercy has never been more fun for me, my team (who doesnt have to die for me to have an ultimate) and the enemies who dont have to spend the whole match searching for me - while I am in spawn on Gibralta last point or Anubis second point. :blush:

2 Likes

So the hero should be op just because you play her?

Mercy 1.0 was never OP though. She was quite nearly a troll pick until invuln while ressing was introduced.

5 Likes

Haha, no. Mercy is fine.

2 Likes

I think you have Mercy confused with Moira… but anyhow, when you literally almost cannot fight back effectively and can do nothing but evade, there is definitely a skill in that, and choosing when to employ rez for instance. It’s not mechanical skills, its pure positioning and c/d management, which are real skills.

1 Like

Uh no, how about a rework, uh no reverts, rework. Posting in 3rd freakin thread, is this a raid?

1 Like

Yes mercy needs a revert idc if anyone likes it or not, she needs it.

See if the ultimate goes back to the old Rez that means that the mercy one tricks will come back to and u say that she was low tire that is wrong because if look back at overwatch when mercy had her 5 ppl Rez is game wining and ppl have to use ultimate harder let say like a mccree aimed ever shot and killed 5 ppl he played it perfectly why should u get rewarded buy just pressing q that is not ok and let say mccree killed the mercy first and u are at last point and it’s 2 cp the response is like 10 seconds and u will press q and make a winning fight for the enemy team in to a lost fight she needs help I’m not saying not to buff but if the 5 ppl Rez comes back then the rank will be unbalanced because ppl will one trick mercy all over again

1 Like

No, it’s reasonable and a reality check to dismiss these creatures who keep hammering Blizzard and everyone else just because they miss an unfair and broken (in more ways than just balance) ultimate. Because guess what? No matter how much you cry, scream, beg, cover your ears, and spam: Mass Rez was bad for the game and ain’t comin back.

Honestly, you’re right. In a post that is only empty opinions, I should have known they weren’t talking about actual balance. Silly me.

1 Like