Revert Mercy please

I personally find Mercy in her current state to be well balanced, fun to play, and extremely effective

I do not wish to ever see the character return to the undesirable behaviors brought on by the existence of Mass rez in the game

As such, I am strongly against the revert requested in this thread

I also wish to state that Widowmeiker is awesome

18 Likes

just find your Ashe.

3 Likes

So lucky that I lost my Trust 3. Else I’d be posting my Mercy thread meme again .-.

No thanks, Aria Rose. I like her kit where it’s at.

19 Likes

Mercy at her best was one of the most overpowered things this game has ever seen.

7 Likes

I fully agree.

Widowmeiker, if you read this, please know that I too consider you awesome.

6 Likes

No thanks that monstrosity should never come back.

3 Likes

They’re the mysterious person who likes my posts but I never see posts of theirs.

We love you Widowmeiker.

6 Likes

Ok since they nerfed healers and tanks why not nerf dps alot. even it out

They are not done nerfing healers.
Bap is next.

Then they can look at dmg

Actually, Mercy is only beaten by Bap and Moira in terms of healing.

This is not an argument to shine a positive light on your ridiculous suggestion. This is just “me no like valk! Me want mass rez!!” Please specify in unemotional and rational sentences why you think Valk is bad and leave your opinions out of it if you want to actually make a reasonable argument that people will take seriously.

So, you selfishly want to take Mercy 2.0 from players who like current Mercy? What a hypocritical statement. There would be a LOT of people who would want Mercy 2.0 back and be put in your current situation just because of your selfish preference.

Ironically, Mercy was at her best during 2.0 she was quite literally a ‘must pick or lose’ while Mercy 1.0 was quite struggling with the utility and power other healers could bring.

A lot of players love Mercy because of her current kit and design.

Tldr: Stop selfishly requesting Mercy 1.0, there are many players who love Mercy 2.0 just as much, if not even more.

6 Likes

Every other hero has op ults why not mercy have hers back even it out. not excuses no if ands or buts. end of it. if not buff healing where they do really good heals. and make people stop complaining about healers not heal

1 Like

In my opinion, Valkyrie is one of the strongest ults in the game, and arguably the VERY most versatile ult in the game as well

5 Likes

I believe the word you are looking for is ‘impactful’ the only “OP” ult in this game that I would consider is Transcendence and even it has counters to shut it down. (Burst, anti nade, boops)

Valkyrie IS an impactful ult whether you like it or not. Chain damage boost and chain healing THROUGH shields? All while being 60HPS? And near invulnerable with constant HP regen and best mobility in the game? That sounds strong to me, especially with how fast it can charge. It doesn’t have the burst impact other ults has, but it makes up for that in duration.

5 Likes

Because they are already woeful and were absent completely from the meta before 222 put them on life support…

Compare their value and kits to supports and tanks and its not even close how much more tanks/supports do in comparison to DPS.

3 Likes

Well, what about mercy players who enjoy mercy? She seems to be in perfect spot right now.

6 Likes

oh hey, just read on the other thread that you fell to plat?

nah I got back up to diamond again and now I’m highest I ever been on that acct it was just a sucky lose streak I had a few weeks ago prior to the Moira change when double shield was meta

I guess I needed Moira to be not meta anymore so I could get back up lol. Another Moira makes it such a stalemate and boring af only 1 moira is fun :smiling_imp:

Or are you talking about the thread I made earlier today? if so that is my other acct lmao I got like 4 acct lol.

2 Likes
  1. Old Mercy could fly too. You don’t need Valkyrie to stay in the air.
  2. Hiding in a corner and using your ult to do the job simple healing could have done is a poor use of resources. Mercy players could choose to be more interactive with her previous kit and be rewarded more for it with moments like this: https://streamable.com/uwgzt
  3. The commonly heard request “die on point” never meant you should try to die. It meant if you are going to die, make sure you do it together so that I can use my ult to bring you all back, which is just a bit of a mouthful to say and Mercy players wisely decided not to clutter comms with all that when the message should have just been understood.

Nothing Mercy can do now even remotely compares to the experience she offered when winning a pistol duel against the enemy Mercy could so easily decide the game. Old Mercy felt like a hero. New Mercy feels like a mechanically fluid but mediocre healer. Without those hero moments provided by mass res, Mercy is entirely dependent upon the rest of her team to do their jobs and has near-zero carry potential. And that needs to change, no matter if it’s with a revert or another rework when Blizzard finally gets around to it.

7 Likes

Its not that shes bad, its just that theres literally no reason to pick her over any other support. Ana’s anti-healing nade is far more useful than mercy’s entire kit combined.

1 Like