#retirebastion - no really

You’re giving them too much credit

2 Likes

Stop making me scared :cry:

1 Like

I mean…

1 Like

If Bastion is just as bad after the rework… I might quit, not even lying.

2 Likes

Blizz wont fail, im gonna be better than ever

2 Likes

For your sake and my own, I hope you’re right :frowning:

1 Like

If im wrong, i cant even think what might happen

3 Likes

NO! THAT IS NOT THE POINT I MADE AT ALL… omfg. you failed 10th grade english comprehension didn’t you? Stop recreating my argument poorly so you can refute it more poorly. just shhhhhh.

I said nothing about removing Bastion because they are the lowest on the list, nor did I say it was because they fill the role of “swap to when losing” in any way. What I said was:

And,

And,

But you insist on saying unsupported things like,

… this is just not a refutation. There is no hero that easily counters bastion. It requires coordinated teamwork. period. And to my actual point:

You literally have no answer because it is true.

Well, see, here we disagree. I do believe that Bastion is a broken hero for the reasons listed in this and other posts.

Historically not true. Highest pick rate characters are personal preference and bastion has always been near the bottom. Probably because it’s not a fun hero to play (for many).

NO. That is exactly my point… Bastion is literally the only hero that requires constant coordinated attention at every rank and has the literal lowest skill floor available. It’s a broken hero through and through; regardless if you one time beat a bastion with your long range hitscan or heard someone say swap to Junk…

but you did ask to retire me

This. Exactly this. Thank you MishMash. My nephew. My middle-aged buddy. His son and daughter. Each and every one of them will tell you bastion is one of the main reasons they quit. Not because OF bastion but because a hero that is that broken indicates a broken game. And then they move on to Valorant or whatever is shiny next. OW does not need an artificial gatekeeper.

I said “retire” not delete.
OW2 is still a LONG FRACKING TIME AWAY FROM NOW.
Lore is a bad reason to keep a broken hero in rotation…

^this.

Yes, but 1-2 YEARS from now… that is SO gd long to have a broken hero in rotation.

FIIINE, #retirebastion can be #sendbastiontotheworkshopuntilow2 but that just doesn’t have the same ring to it…

True, true. You’ve got a point.

I asked my daughter about why she quit OW exactly (I knew it was getting more and more annoyed with it for a while before she quit and bastion was a part of that). She recalled her last game, which I was playing too, which was QP on Havana on attack. The game was fun until last point. We got the payload to the top of the hill just where it would turn left onto the bridge. They got a team kill on us I think. Then they switched to bastion+rein+mercy+bap and I think orisa and 1 other DPS we can’t remember.

Anyway, we were stuck like that for nearly 4 minutes with either bastion mowing us down from behind 2 shields or stuck behind cover unable to move forward. Our team of randoms even switched to counters and I think we killed him at least once only to be rezed or saved by lamp, but by the end of it my daughter was screaming at her screen about how broken this was. She never played OW again after that.

1 Like

I’ve played games with bastion and no toxicity everyone was nice and the game balance wasn’t disrupted I think bastion needs to get a rework or a buff and he is fairly easy to counter and most people don’t pocket bastion or swarm around him.

This one time at band camp… this is not real life just because it happened once or twice

Bastion alone is easy to counter… bastion with a bunker below plat/gm/t500 is broken af. And honestly, even at high ranks bastion wipes teams. Even in OWL it happens sometimes as evidenced in this thread.

#retirebastionnow

Did someone just lose cause the enemy had a bastion?

:yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:t2::roll_eyes:

Take some of my awesome heals, you need it.

le sigh … No. Read before you speak.

This is so common in my experience. Having a hero that is so broken it literally takes the fun out of the game for players new and old begs the question, why do we continue to support something that is bad for our game? Regardless of whether or not someone believes Bastion is easy to counter, the fact remains that they are a broken hero that unnecessarily drives people away from the game. Why keep something in-game that is an artificial boundary to enjoyment? Literally, decisions like this are what hold a community together or break it apart. Removing Bastion from the current live game will have zero impact on OWL, GM, or T500 but significantly improves the quality of life, enjoyment, skill-based advancement and sense of gratification for the super-majority of players.

Bastion WILL get reworked, it is official: May 24th Reddit AMA - All developer responses here! - General Discussion - Overwatch Forums (blizzard.com)

• Bastion is likely to be reworked to allow movement and lower damage in Sentry form, while changing the weapon entirely in Recon form.

awesome… but for the next 1-2 years can we please, for the love of Overwatch, just… send BasBoi to the workshop? Torb can go with if that’s a thing, idc… They will re-emerge better (and balanced) with the rise of OW2! please…

The most horribly - designed hero in this game’s history, Bastion, is officially getting reworked from the ground up for Overwatch 2.

So technically, he is getting retired.

In 1-2 years…
#retirebastionNOW
:heart: