(rereedit)Just ignore everything I guess

Setting down Shield Gen and being mindful of photon barrier deployments for maximized team defense value doesnt mean you played a support. It was basic Sym 2.0 gameplay.

This isnt LoL. Heroes cant really play as something they arent built for. There was no ~secret Sym 2.0 support playstyle~. It was just an utility dps, which yes, could situationally defend their team just like… almost every defense hero could back then.

…again you are assuming too much how I played Sym.

I used the teleporter more then the Shield Gen. (if at all)

We are talking about two different heroes at this point.

Old TP was a better Mercy rez. A Damage hero btw.

The dev blog merely said they will focus on changing her later while moving forward.

They simply have other priorities at the moment.

1 Like

You mean the role she was reworked away from at the same time she was put into?

Because 3.0 at its core is this insane, delusional idea of ‘‘non-healing utility support’’ brought to its ultimate conclusion: a gimmick hero who has no place in the game and depends on the use and abuse of a specific gimmick to have any kind if impact. A ‘‘support’’ who cant heal thus cant really replace a support. A dps that is deficient at being a dps thus cant compete unless the gimmick is abused.

And if you read my posts, well if you read comprehensively, I am nothing but critical of how poorly designed 3.0 is. So I am not defending 3.0 here lmao.

“just means not BETA 2 (upcoming beta).”

Careful don’t get caught in the bickering sym mains fire

1 Like

That’s unfortunate for you since Sym is a DPS

They’re not going to delete any hero, that’s nonsense. A rework is a possibility but they simply said she isn’t their priority right now - they’ve told us very plainly that their priority is supports.

If these changes need to take longer then so be it. I love her but she is not the most important aspect of the game.

Sadly there are aspects of OW2 that are much worse than Sym, and arguably need more attention.

Its cool, I am a Sym main myself.

“That’s unfortunate for you since Sym (now) is a DPS”

Yes we are all aware DPS father stole Sym from Support mother for 4 years, forcing her to taxi for him.

I think these “support” syms are either delusional, or they were straight up throwing with her, which is doubly bad as she was already a throw pick at that time.

Sym was never a support, she was a defense hero put in the wrong category.

1 Like

Okay, so why are you SO against the idea of making her a Support? If every iteration of her failed, all of which was a utility DPS hero, why not scrap the kit and do something else?

It fits her lore to be a Support. She’s seen saving lives in both of her comics, she even mentions that she isn’t a killer in A Better World. She was supposed to be a Support from the jump.

2 Likes

TP was certainly not better than Mass Rezz what kind of ahistorical nonsense is that. There is a reason it was given an alternative in Shield Gen. Tempo MR was far, far superior to ult TP for the sake of keeping your team in the fight.

Mei’s wall is just as good blocking ultimates that support ults so…???

Torb and Sym were better at stopping oneshots that any of the supports were.

I don’t want to heal and babysit tanks and dps.

I want to literally kill things

1 Like

Rez on E existed around this time and TP was definitely a better version as it could still quickly bring multiple team mates back.

1 Like

The problem is Sym will never be a better DPS with her current kit.

Another likely event, is they will Delete current Sym again and replace her with another DPS Sym.

which really just ruins the point

2 Likes

Just change her hero name to “Vaswani” and give her healing stuff.

Sanjay can be the clunky flanker hero that people are so desperate to keep for some reason.

Sym 2.0 and moth mercy were about the same time, so if you are choosing the tp over shield generator, you were throwing. Shield generator was easily one of the best ults at that time, arguably THE best.

2 Likes