Reported excessively for playing Torb

Nah, I never just immediately assume. I always give people a chance and the benefit of the doubt. I’ve only ever reported someone for being absolutely irate to the rest of the team. Calling us trash or making fun of me for being a girl, etc. We’re all human, ya know? I just want us to all be nice to one another and work together.

Where does this end however? You are saying one tricks. What people in this community mean are “heroes I do not like” If someone one tricked a mercy and it was not working would you apply your logic to that person equally or do they get speicl treatment because they are a meta pick? You either enforce the rules globally or you don’t at all.

no idea, do you want me to make something up that would serve as reasoning for people that aren’t here?

you’re the one labelling them as false.
ironically, blizzard employees aren’t but i digress

i don’t have to prove anything. the players that reported him do. sorry, i can’t be accountable for that.

1 Like

The players that reported him could have reported him for playing an unpopular pick. If he was trolling he would not have won 9 out of 10 promos. Or does that not matter because unpopular hero = always in the wrong? Would you be fine if I and others reported you the moment you chose something like hanzo,no questions asked just removed you from overwatch for it?

Lol at many of the posters in here.
Bliz have come out and said hero choice and not swapping is NOT reportable.

There is no if or but in it about hero choice not working etc, you can’t report them. Period.

They have said its not optimal etc etc but they have never said its reportable.

As long as they are actively trying they are fine.

You can disagree with rules all you like, but stop adding your own conditions onto them so they fit your own agenda.

The rules are very clear.

Let’s see what you consider as sabotage then.

Only thing you mention here is only picking torb. Not sabotage.

Only picking torb, not switching. Both not sabotage.

Reporting someone for breaking a rule they did not break is a false report. How else would you define that if not a false report?

Blizz is calling it false report.

People with this kind of heinous attitude are definitely the problem.

sitting on the forums and just declaring these opinions invalid is your prerogative, but its not going to change anyone’s mind or how they act in game. you’re basically shaking your fist at the sky.

i’ll ask again, question: what is the objective here?
are you trying to post a rule and convince people that they should stop reporting people for, what they feel is, ruining their games?

Do you think any of the rules you quote have stopped people from reporting others?

1 Like

You deserve it. Looking forward to your ban. :slight_smile: Cheers. No hate, love only baby.

1 Like

OK as much as I hate looking at profiles.
Looking at his profile he was clearly not throwing based on medals in 13 games, he was definitely trying.
But his avg elims is somewhat lower for his tier, this might be what got him reported, because one dps was always locked to torb, I don’t know I wasn’t there.
But Blizzard should be able to look at this and say clearly he was trying.

Yes I know medals don’t mean everything but you can conclude in the winning efforts it is relative to team play. Even throwing out outliers for the 2 losses he had and the best 40 elims in game, throwing would result in far lower numbers.

So how can you call sabotage or trolling, then?

Abusers do not stop abusing when people ignore their behavior.

First step to solving a problem is identifying it, and in this case, the problem comes from the people false reporting, and the people supporting the false reporting. I’ve seen your posts enough in these types of threads to believe that you do both.

Calling out these false reports maybe will deter others from toxic behavior, or increase awareness that these these types of reports are not acceptable.

Why are you encouraging acceptance of toxic behavior?

Blizzard won’t unsuspended unless you are a streamer with all your matches recorded.

I got suspended and asked support if they could do anything and they just kept repeating themselves not even answering my questions.

I still have the screenshots of the chat that I can quote.

“The penalty is correct, there is nothing we can do to change those sadly :(”
“There is nothing that can be done for this one unfortunatley. These actions were taken based off reports recieved ‘reviewed’ (LUL) then the penalty applied.”
“If the account were to be suspended again in future the duration will again increase”
“The reports have already been ‘reviewed’ (LUL) before any action was taken.”
“As I mentioned earlier you will have already beeen sent an email with details of the suspension. Please take some time to read that so this doesnt happen again in the future”
“As I’ve already explained this was ‘reviewed’ (LUL) before any actions taken on your account here. There is nothing that can be done to change this though as i’ve said, the suspension will need to run its full course”
The representative has closed this chat session

The problem with this report system is the reports aren’t actually reviewed. Blizzard support are downright lying to their customers by claiming they do, when it’s extremely blatant that punishments happen automatically when the report count hits a threshold.

Sounds familiar. :smile:

so you admit to only playing torb no matter the circumstance

sounds like a high probability of gameplay sabotage

have you tried not trolling your teammates online?

did you miss the part where he said he won 90% of his matches? rofl

so let me get this straight, you pick a hero and win games… but still get reported… for what exactly? reported for not winning the game in a way other people expect?

are you for real?

can you rephrase i don’t understand the question

yeah they don’t feel there’s a problem and feel their reports are justified because they are reporting poor teamwork/gameplay sabotage.

at what point are you going to realize that you aren’t convincing anyone to suddenly forget that their games are being ruined?

gl with that

i don’t think it’s “toxic” at all. i think it’s good that we have the power to police the game ourselves. it seems the majority of people find these selfish players to be “toxic”. looks like the blizzard gms do too. and it looks like the reporting system is designed this way too.

i’d advise you read the complete thread as this has been discussed.
winning and attempting to lose aren’t mutually exclusive.

if you win a match and a mei is walling your team off in spawn, or your symettra build a teleporter off a cliff, are they not exhibiting reportable behaviour consistent with “gameplay sabotage”?

if a player goes afk in spawn and you win, should you not report them for “inactivity”?

its very possible he was reported despite performing quite well… who’s to say

I’ll stop when Blizzard bans toxic players like you.

Or when Blizz does a 180 and changes policy to allow what you are doing, I guess.

1 Like

In short, yes, that is exactly what this person is saying. “Play my way or I’ll report you.”

The saddest part of this all is the vicious cycle it creates. Not only do close-minded people report players who use off-meta characters, but these same types of people intentionally throw games by switching to an off meta character and trolling. These efforts to throw games give the character a bad reputation, creating a stigma that anyone playing that character must be trying to throw. It also messes up the perception of the balance level of that character and skews their statistics.

There are unchallenged notions about Torb, Bastion, Sym, etc. They are considered weak, but when someone wants to play them in a competitive setting, they are barely given a chance, and there’s a large chance at least one person on the team will tilt and throw just by virtue of seeing someone play an off-meta hero. For all we know, Torb could be an amazing counter to Briggite, but the perceptions about him are so volatile and absurd. You might as well just delete all but the 6 most played characters and make everyone play a mirror match every game.

1 Like