Reported excessively for playing Torb

I’ll stop when Blizzard bans toxic players like you.

Or when Blizz does a 180 and changes policy to allow what you are doing, I guess.

1 Like

In short, yes, that is exactly what this person is saying. “Play my way or I’ll report you.”

The saddest part of this all is the vicious cycle it creates. Not only do close-minded people report players who use off-meta characters, but these same types of people intentionally throw games by switching to an off meta character and trolling. These efforts to throw games give the character a bad reputation, creating a stigma that anyone playing that character must be trying to throw. It also messes up the perception of the balance level of that character and skews their statistics.

There are unchallenged notions about Torb, Bastion, Sym, etc. They are considered weak, but when someone wants to play them in a competitive setting, they are barely given a chance, and there’s a large chance at least one person on the team will tilt and throw just by virtue of seeing someone play an off-meta hero. For all we know, Torb could be an amazing counter to Briggite, but the perceptions about him are so volatile and absurd. You might as well just delete all but the 6 most played characters and make everyone play a mirror match every game.

1 Like

I saw this in another thread, I should save it.

3 Likes

Oh absolutely. One tricking anything is bad.

Overwatch is a team based game that’s built around the ability to swap out heroes to suit the situation. “One tricking” is actually trying to abuse the SR system by playing one hero no matter what. So yeah, running any one character into the ground is bad. And selfish. Forcing everyone to play around your one pick.

People playing off meta isn’t bad. One tricking is.

1 Like

toxic players like me? lol whatever
but glad we got to the correct conclusion. posting quotes and rules and trying to enforce them in black and white is fruitless. you should be pointing your energy at Blizzard.

You one tricks really confuse me. I have no idea how you can just play the same character over and over and not switch based on the enemy comp. When you play Pokemon do you not switch out? Do you let your level 5 Geodude fight that level 7 Squirtle because you HAVE to play Geodude and nothing else?

i’m a streamer and i’ve gotten 4 suspensions last season on a Symmetra one-trick account, that’s 4 suspensions in under 90 hours.

i’ve recorded every second of game play on that account, i’ve shown customer support all my VODs, in some instances when i played against another streamer i could literally go onto their stream and see them report me before the game even began, i would clip that moment and supplement it into my ticket and in turn i would get ignored, they maintain they reviewed my case but won’t tell me what i’ve done exactly.

most of my reports happened before the game even started, i went from unranked (placed high plat) to GM in 20 hours with a 75% win rate playing Symmetra only, i straight up carried most of my team mates with 4 golds and 80% kill participation and got reported preemptively for my troubles.

2 Likes

terrible analogy, this game isn’t exactly rock paper scissors.

Well this is just even more proof the report system is busted and support needs improving.

Not trying to be a jerk here, but maybe I should rephrase my statement to high profile streamers, like Fuey and the Hanzo streamer. (Idk anything about your stream so I assume you aren’t too high profile).

My Alolan Geodude eats Squirtles for breakfast.

But it is, albeit on a smaller scale but it is. Are you going to try to 1v1 a Moira as Genji? Of course not you’ll get destroyed, because like in Pokemon she counters you. Sure you could get lucky and they could be awful but I’m speaking at equal skill levels.

i know, i’m just iterating that even if you stream and can prove that you’re not doing anything wrong that it doesn’t exactly help in the process of getting unsuspended.

someone like Arrge who is partnered and averages over a hundred viewers still gets suspended, he recently made a video where CS told him to stop playing Hanzo if he wanted to stop getting reported. so far the privilege has only been reserved for Fuey and Stevo afaik.

Probably just Fuey, since i’m pretty sure Stevo has been toxic on stream removing any possibility of support unbanning him. Support go to serious lengths and pull out anything to try and keep you banned.

I remember seeing a thread on the hots forums where a dude said he appealed a silence, and Blizzard brought out quotes from private (whisper chat) and chat logs from a year ago to try and justify a silence he recently got.

2 Likes

I have the same issue in Diamond to the point I can’t pick Torb at all.

I don’t even play Torb all the time, but I still got enough reports to get a warning.

You will just get reported no matter what and then you will get that warning message, and then I guess banned.

The reporting system really has to go because you can’t play the heroes you want.

Even if you play Torb 25% of the time you will eventually get banned.

But you put geodude at level 5, and squirtle at level 7…

And assuming perfect game, Genji wouldn’t even be in Moira range in duels.

If they were both in range and started at the same time, Genji can do 3 regular fire + dash + melee. Landing two crits in that combo will kill Moira at about 1 second (220 damage).

Moira DPS is 50 / sec right click + 50 / sec ball + melee. Her time to kill is just under 2 seconds, if Genji doesn’t dash through Moira and out of ball range.

(I think I did the math right)

The deal is Torb is actually the most underrated hero in the game.

In Diamond I single highhandedly shut down almost all Tracers. Tracer is the biggest problem in Diamond and he just dominates them.

That being said, I still get reported every time I use him.

1 Like

This is getting weird. :smile:

You have no idea. :upside_down_face:

You forgot how Genji has to aim, isn’t hitscan, and that Moira has fade and plenty of self healing.