Remove role queue now

I’m starting to enjoy QPC more, but being willing to flex helps.

2 Likes

5 dps rarely happened, so you can drop that already.

1 Like

Good for you but its no longer my cup of tea. So to speak~

No, I get it. I play QP as well. You do get some writers games in QPC, certainly. Beat a 6dps team last night.

6 dps. Yikes! I hoped you gave them a whooping hahaha

1 Like

A better way to do this would be
Tanks split 1/3 the SR total from win.
Dps split 1/3 the SR total from win.
Support split 1/3 the SR total from win.

So say the total team SR gain was 240 for the win.
Each Role would split 80SR
If there is 1 TANK 4 DPS 1 SUPP , let the 4 dps enjoy their 20 SR each while the TANK and SUPP get 80 each.
And say you swapped between roles 50% tank and 50% dps. Then you would take that percentage of the role SR split with the rest being split amongst the others in the the role.
So you would get 20 from tank (50% of 40) while the other tank got 60
And you would get 10 from DPS (50% of 20) while the 3 other dps got 13.33333

The other scenario what if no one played Tank or Support and it was 6 dps. Would they split the total or 80? I think if you win with 6 dps you should split the total. If there was 5 dps and 1 support. Even split between the roles. Support gets 50% of total, 5 dps split 50% of total.

You want to play 4 dps? Go for it.

I wanted to think up a losing scenario also…but I just woke up and am tired, but I am sure the smart people at Blizzard can take it from here. But the system should reward and punish based around ideal 2-2-2 and those that choose to play outside of it should lose more SR than those playing the required roles. This way people can still choose.

Also if you wanted to implement Performance based multipliers on top of this split SR you could.

1 Like

then give me a good example of at not going into 132, 141, 042, 051? the way i see how this will work will always have to have less than 3 dps in a team. but player count definitely wont let that slip.

even with all those not less than 1 of each role kind of flexibility, most of the time will still ended up with more than 2 dps.

so if you have good suggestion, im all ear. like real good suggestion.

5 dps is not rare.
20 char

1 Like

5 dps often happened, so you can drop that already.

2 Likes

Gonna have to agree with this. If we arent going to get the same amount of hero diversity in the support and tank roles and the hero release schedule is going to be this glacial then role queue has to go. Keep it for owl to prevent GOATS but all of this choice restriction is throttling the game when it needs life the most.

1 Like

I like 2-2-2 but i do hope they find some solution to queue time that does not involve in removing 2-2-2.

1 Like

Honestly I’d be fine with this. I previously supported 2/2/2 and now I highly regret that

1 Like

Did we play the same game? Okay 5 may be over the top but 4 dps was pretty much the norm… It is the whole reason they introduced role queue, why else would the force role queue on the playerbase? If people just played 2/2/2 then they wouldn’t have introduced it. Best case scenario back in the days was a 3 dps team build which could sometimes work, it still was not enjoyable.

1 Like

The devs themselves said it was rare, but I don’t exactly trust them anymore. Although I’m pretty sure 2-2-2 was more of an OWL/GOATS buster, Jeff said echo was literally designed with OWL in mind… not us. Plus hero bans would stop GOATS anyway now.

Nonono, why are you thinking like this? Why do the Support and Tank players have to be the ones who will once again just shut it up and accept the will of the DPS players, etc. (as if we haven’t been suffering from this enough already)??

2/2/2 role - queue has been enjoyed by the majority of the player base. That’s what literally every single source of evidence out there tells us. Couple that with the probable tens of thousands of dollars and development hours on the system and here you have why it will rightfully not be removed… Not now and as confirmed, not in OW 2.

On the other hand, the developers, as it has been proven pretty much with the release of Echo, are not trying to reduce the queue times. The DPS players in general, can’t even conceive the fact that queue times are mostly dependent on them and due to their selfish, as always, attitude have been refusing to play anything else except their precious role. Even now with the disaster that has been Echo they are once again acting selfishly…

So you know what?? Let them suffer from the consequences now, which are long queue times. And they’re only going to rise from now on… Not for Tank/Healer players, but for DPS!!!

Have fun.

4 Likes
1 Like

It’s not selfish to wish for a decent queue time, believe it or not but Blizzard doesn’t want players to get tired of the game because of the queue times and leave, it’s harder to get new customer to stick around than it is to keep an existing one.

I can see you don’t care about the health of the game, but that’s alright.

Then there’s players like me, who want to play DPS occasionally but are pretty much “forced” into picking either tank or support unless we want to spend a good chunk of our gaming time in queue and as a result you just play less and less.

1 Like

No, it’s not selfish… You’re right… It’s outright unreasonable and even kind of childish to expect the queue times to magically fix themselves while at the same time refusing to play anything else except DPS (even though the queue times are clearly dependent on DPS players’ behavior, not anyone else’s), along with supporting outright terrible decisions judging by their timing, such as Echo being a DPS, etc.

Oh please, spare me with that victimization… I and the many people supporting these views are not the ones responsible for all this mess… Not by a long shot.

Well, thank you for what you’re doing then! You’re really helping with the queue times and I appreciate what you’re doing (I’m not kidding) :slight_smile:

If that’s how you really behave in-game, then I can only wish more DPS players would act like you… And of course, I don’t even think I have to remind you that the things I have said about DPS players in this thread do not apply to people like you.

2 Likes

I think Role Queue did ruin the game for me. I thought I’d love it but turns out instant queues are way more fun

1 Like

These 2 are in DIRECT opposition. BOTH can’t be true at the same time.

If you want a chance to make a decent comp around instalockers, you are forced to tank / support.

1 Like