Remove role queue now

You clearly have no intention of balancing up the numbers of tanks and supports, we’ve not gotten any of those feel good changes you’re speaking about, half of these rosters are unviable, half of the rosters are banned. We all know you’re not going to ban 4dps next week because god forbid.

At this point I’d rather just have role queue removed and place a limit on max 4 dps/ max 2 supports and max 2 tanks since GOATS won’t be able to happen that way. As much as I loved role queue, this solution would be so much easier.

47 Likes

Nah. Let them feel the queues.

31 Likes

I would be ok with removing role queue and leaving hero pools

To be clear I don’t like either option…but in terms of what they do for the game I think hero pools is the better option…as it would still allow for compositional variety whilst still preventing things like stale metas and something like GOATS

The caveat being that they make the hero pools purposeful (as in they aggressively target most played heroes)…and cap them somewhere as they don’t really do much in lower brackets

10 Likes

Anyone who cared about queues is already gone.

11 Likes

Nah.

That’d clear the queues. Daily complaints about them never went away and boooy the storm is coming.

5 Likes

I would agree with you but I’m still here :sweat_smile:…and this topic pops up several times every day…you can still play the game and not like a decision

4 Likes

Yeah but we’re all on the forums instead of actually playing the game. We’ve seen this before with the mass rez crowd.

1 Like

Hell the mass rez crowd is the living example of it…that was 2 years ago and they’re still here

4 Likes

Again, if enough DPS actually left the game, the queue times WOULD go down.

They haven’t.

And that is going up in flaaaames the second Echo’s out.

1 Like

your right, role queue is no longer sustainable
just go back to the old system and let people play what they want without waiting 20 minutes

12 Likes

I always have a feeling that only people with inferior understanding of the game embrace this solution, most of you are also solely DPS players. Doing that would turn the game into a complete mess of 5 dps insta locking and one support hanging in there. That is just less fun for all players and increases hatred in games.
Role queue actually turned OW into a MOBA style game over a generic brainless shooter, which also was the intention.

Nop let the DPS burn in their queues. Removing role queue will just make the game a mess.

3 Likes

You can revert role queue and still add structure to the game man

It’s not the ONLY way to do that…just the option they went with…and it’s very flawed

I don’t know why people just assume that removing RQ automatically means QPC

3 Likes

2 Tank, 2 Support role limit instead :smiley:.

No.
Just no.
4 dps and 1 tank and 1 support would be the worst thing ever (but better than it used to be 1 tank and 5 dps).
Role queue is much better than other options.
Want a shorter queue, queue as a role that is in demand like tank or Support.

2 Likes

Bruh I’m a support main

I am main support more since blizz will not create new tank or supports it should remove the queue and tanks and the game support this game is only for dps

1 Like

Exactly, I think the only real reason role queue was implemented was because of GOATS, not because of the lack of people playing support or tank

2 Likes

Because it does. It always has.

The only way pre-222 ever had structure is by people forced to fill for instalockers.

Which now, with the tank/support role weaker than ever and constantly banned, plus an OP tank destroyer coming soon, no one will do for you.

Actually wrong

1. No one was forced to do anything
  2. You had a chance to actually make a decent comp around instalockers. For example, you might have an instalocked Bastion 1 trick and conveniently an Orisa and Mercy player on your team. Though in Role Lock you might get that bastion but also have that Orisa player as a DPS and the Mercy as tank.
  3. There is something called grouping up that usually helps you achieve your cookie cutter comp.
4 Likes

4 DPS is much worse than anything anyone has to deal with right now with the current role queue.

3 Likes