Queue times for Damage role are unacceptable

I think waiting 30 minutes to play the game they want every match is insanely unreasonable. God forbid we want to play DPS.

Sure the queue times are shorter but now we’re not having fun cause we arent playing DPS. Its weird it’s almost as if we want to play DPS and that if we wanted to play Tank we’d be playing tank. Funny really. If someone hates tank and support telling them to play it isn’t at all a solution. It solves one issue and creates another. Why play it if we cant play what we want to play?

Honestly id recommend just playing Paladins. Near instant queues, a bigger more balanced roster, much better

Look, the DPS role seeped into both tank and support.
You have Dva, hammond, baptiste, ana and maybe Lucio

Soldier is the only dps that can directly heal his team, have some perspective

I think it would be better if they thought them through.

To solve a different problem. You can’t lay all of the issues which having excessive DPS in the game at 2-2-2’s feet, there was huge issues before that.

Of course, but their suggestions SHOULD still try to make them fun.

Drop by any thread where people are upset that supports have a counter to flankers now. There is a lot of them.

Or any of the supports do too much healing, (where they are NOT keen on them being made better in another area)

Or any thread which talks about IF.

Or any thread which talks about support damage.

Like, what are supports meant to have?

That is fair, but, It get pretty warying having people attack them over and over again, relentlessly.

Oh totally. It IS on the Devs, but the Dev have NOT been reasonable, and people mock people for being upset at that.

I like playing lucio.it can be fun all the time but it has been thrashed so hard that not many play tank or support.this game is a team fight and if you want short ques than play hog or dva.my boi RobotWizard said that playing support or tank will make u learn things you wouldnt other wise.

Thank you Critty92 for telling them somthing they alredy know and that i have told them before.

And hog. Not Lucio. I get 10 to 3 kills every time i play lucio becuase hes ment to heal and speed boost.

Are there though? Where?

The comments that I see more of daily go along the lines of “Damage players are naughty, deserve what they get” etc.

Like this one:

It also stands to reason that we’d see more anti-Damage posts like that.

You are calling someone a spoiled kid when they have to wait for an hour or longer to simply get into a 10minute game? These forums are so toxic, yikes.

I have no reason not to argue with him.I dont have 20 years of experince of game design nor a day.If you dont have more game design training then dont argue with DRDangerRuss.If you have more experince or about 20 years of traning in game desining then you can argue.I suggest this hulk guy asks questions and not argue.and ask them nicley.

The solution would be to create more tanks and supports to make those roles more appealing to more people. Instead they’ve ditched what would be a fun support in Echo to further aggravate the dps queue times and the frustration of main support players with the game.

1 Like

You don’t need to be in the field to recognize good design. Any idiot player knows good vs bad design, even if they can’t describe it in a perfect technical way.
Just because a person can’t grow an apple doesn’t mean they can’t identify which apples are good and bad. CC bad. One-shots frustrating. Super simple stuff.

1 Like

yes.thats were all the tdm and ffa maps and archive evenst missons happen lucioball and the rest.it has th majorty of game modes

but would you argue about game design with a person with 20 years of traning when you have no experince in it?.. … … … … … … …tell me.

Just death match around for a bit. Queue times suck, but blame the number of DPS heroes.

More heroes = more mains.

the dm part is right and que times do suck but more support and tank heros=more tank and support mains

For Support it is all about engagement, whether to push in or pull out of a fight, to assess the situation and to make judgement calls and to observe the quirks and behaviour of other players. Once you pick up of these habits it can transfer to Tanks and DPS and you can make far better judgement calls then just blindly pushing in.

There are more than enough reasons ranging multiple years that have forced me to take this stance…

I’m sorry, but no matter the arguing, the DPS that are responsible for the situation I described in my previous posts in the thread have nobody to blame but themselves :confused:

When I played Overwatch in 2016 to early 2017, it took me more than an hour to find a match in Platinum. It was like night time for me though, could be the reason why it took so long.

1 Like

Its completely unacceptable. People log in to play the game.
Not to play pointless minigames.
Not to play heroes they dont find fun.
Not to stare at a menu.

A game is for fun. When it stops being fun people will play other games instead. It’s that simple.

Its unsustainable and to act as though it’s fine is quite simply denial.

3 Likes

that is true the dps did this to them selves. look at this and think about it

Critty92 is one of a very small group of ppl with logic and know what there saying and think about it.the ppl in this group know its the dps mains fualt:RobotWizard,AkiraNasuki,DrDangerRuss all know that dps want more tank and support mains but wont become tank and support mains.i like the dps role and i decieded will learn tank and support and even if that means charging of the map 3 times in a row as rien to kill someone or killing a hog by a boop but he hooks me in when im playing lucio is all i need to main tank at support even if im not that good.play other supportd like ana or brig and have fun.or play hog dva hammond and winston to play dps with low que times.

1 Like

Come play some Quake Champions. We need more DPS mains.