Remove role queue now

there are only so many types of Support and tanks you can design, it’s up to the playerbase to CHOOSE to play them. I for one welcomed “Role Queue” with open arms, and have enjoyed it immensely, and DEMAND, as you are with your title, that it remain here for the rest of Overwatch’s Lifespan. You know if you wanted shorter queues you could, oh I don’t know… play a role in demand, but i assume that you’re just a “DPS Only” player who thinks everyone else should mold their gameplay around what you need.

Nope, My 3 most played characters are, support, dps, support. I enjoyed role queue at first but I think it’s going to do more harm than good especially if we’re not getting updates until OW2.

Edit: Also my dps days went mostly with role que, I’ve only had +15 on that character since, compared to around +120 on support.

2 Likes

1 without role queue (or with) …you can have multiple ladders…you know what youre getting yourself into…youre basically choosing which you want to do (no that does not mean separate balancing - but you could do that too)

2 no you havent tried what doesnt exist yet…i said an improved version

3 i meant role limits sorry…but that essentially means locking roles on the fly

4 and im not a fan either…but it is an option…and would prevent stuff like goats also…the point is its another option

removing role queue doesnt mean you have to go back to what we had before

3 Likes

very well explained :slight_smile:

ok? U see any irony there?

2 Likes

yep, and that will further thin out the player base. as tank and sp, they dont really care about the queue time at all, so there wasnt a queue time issue for them in 222 to begin with. player that will join that qpc kind of ladder will mostly be dps player. as most tank and support actually dislike old qpc.

alrd said, nope it will never be better, why should I, get that lfg, when i get games every 15 to 30 seconds? isnt pointless for us to begin with? tank and sp are mostly happy with their queue time. what they dont happy with IS NOT THE QUEUE TIME. and even if you are saying to get a balance comp with lfg in a qpc environment, it will be really time consuming for them. so why bother switching back to qpc.

this will just turn it bad to qpc. no matter how you balance the role limit, there will always be more dps player. try to tackle the issue from the core, not the surface.

erm, i think i should just play other game

dont kid yourself and create the perfect dream in your head. it WILL ROLL BACK to what we had. dps mains wont magically play tank or sp in game with no role lock. they QUEUE for games that have 15 or more minute queue time just to play dps. what do you think will make a difference for them to play other role, make the gameplay experience better for other teammate?

as i said. not 100%, maybe just 99.9% of the game.

2 Likes

They were going to add one character before Overwatch 2, everyone knew this. Adding 1 more support character wouldn’t have made the categories “balanced” or made much of a dent to the role queues. Can you players stop being so melodramatic?

1 Like

that guy is going to die anyway, i guess me throwing a big rock right at his face wont change the fact that he is going to die anyway. guess a person that is going to die dont deserve and need respect at all huh.

didnt jeff only just announced this like in these few days?

I’m pretty sure they mentioned it some time after Blizzcon, or Jeff said “at least one”

still, if it is going to make it worse, most ppl would rather it not happening at all. which i think is still the better choice to do that instead of what it is now.

im not suggesting those as someone who WANTS them…theyre just alternate (and possibly better options imo)…i too am a flex player and play in QPC all the time myself…

but i dont subscribe to the idea that the game will just default to QPC…if you remove 222 role queue and do NOTHING…sure…but neither of the options im suggesting are that…

like i said…there are many ways to add structure to the game that arent FORCED 222 FOR EVERYONE…

its silly to think that when they considered adding that to the game that it was the ONLY option on the table…its the one they went with

1 Like

This game was a mess prior to role que. I’ll just leave again if they remove role que.

1 Like

Go and play QPC, problem solved.

1 Like

Smooth way to prevaricate to promote your agenda: drop Jeff’s name and hope that the person on the other side of the debate is… what? Not informed enough? Too stupid or lazy to look up relevant information? This is exactly what Jeff said on the subject in the 132 thread:

He also said:

4 Likes

What’s the Role Q video, he states that most games in competitive followed the 2-2-2 format

1 Like

Role queue or not. Either way is fine. I don’t like those restrictions though. 1-2-3 is quite fun.

1 Like

What, the BlizzCon of 2017 video, where he was trying trying to spin the announcement that Blizzard will not be implementing role lock, and that the growing demand for such a system on the forums and social media is just smoke without a fire? That video? Yeah, that’s fresh and exciting news! Why don’t you go back even further and dig up a video where he says that Blizzard does not perceive a problem with multiple same heroes on a team and will not be imposing hero limits.

3 Likes

No thank you. I rather lose in RQ then the chaos of QPC

Well said sir :smiley:!