Remove role queue now

The funny part which most people are refusing to understand is as long as they dont give to the community Tank and Support, the people from that role will get bored and change to dps role which has more choices than both of the previous roles aaaaaaaand longeeeeeeeeeer queue!!
Buuuuuuut its unfair for dpsers not to have a 17th hero… riiiiiiight?

2 Likes

4 DPS wasn’t even common in ranked play, as confirmed by Jeff himself, and at least you were able to play the game in a reasonable time

1 Like

I suppose that’s more of a subjective statement. I know when playing mercy, lucio, moira, ball etc I’d much rather have 4 dps, well preferably 3.

you can pretty much bet on it that they’ll have to do that pretty soon going forward if they want to keep their game running for a while longer.

2 Likes

The only alternative is to not fill and lose.

That’s forced.

I’m not interesed in worthless semantics of arguing otherwise.

6 Likes

Once again, wrong.
It’s better for someone to play what they are good at than what they aren’t

Not unless they could not physically do anything else

2 Likes

First of all it’s only this season maybe I mean hero pools second at the first week they band 2 dps third they tried to make q time less for dps but with 3-2-1 but ppl didn’t like it fourth Jeff said that they will make at lest 5 new hero’s in overwatch 2 every if one of them are dps we will still get 4 tanks/support I’m just saying try to balance a game with 32 hero’s in it and all of them have at lest 2 Cooldowns is not easy

you can have multiple ladders, you can have a better lfg tool, you can have role locking (different from queue), you could have hero bans like we do now…etc etc…

there are MANY ways to add structure besides “222 only and thats it, no other options”

People still whine how it should be removed? Geez…

I sorry to break the bubble but it’s not going to get removed.

1 Like

2-2-2 doesn’t give you a decent team comp.

2 Likes

Jeff: we currently have 6 supports and tanks in development for OW2.

OP: You clearly have no intention of balancing up the number of tanks and supports.

OK.

2 Likes

Queue times cannot be notably decreased, because they reach a natural equilibrium. Nearly EVERYONE is willing to wait longer to play DPS, so as queue times decrease, more people queue for DPS, cancelling out much of the improvement. We saw this near the end of the 1/3/2 experiment where DPS queue times were double tank queue times despite having 3x the slots.

2 Likes

Getting rid of the rediculously long que times will be impossible without getting rid of 2-2-2 "And Iv’e won plenty of matches in pre 2-2-2 quick play with 4 dps, 1 support, 1 tank btw :smile:. Enjoy your que times :stuck_out_tongue:.

1 Like

definitely not 100% of the game will be like qpc. just maybe 99.9% will be like that.

1 Like

Many times in the old Quick play I would wait for people to select their characters first and then choose mine with getting the best combo with theirs in mind :smiley:. Worked pretty well actually :smile:!

1 Like

read my previous reply…there are OTHER ways to add structure

diluting the alrd thin player count in some category? great idea.
if you say there will be a separate ladder from 222, something like 0-6-0, then im all in for it.

tried it, dont work most of the time, and actually waste alot more time. since i flex across roles, and 15-30 seconds i will normally get a game.

what is this?

dont you read other post about the banning issue is within the community now??? i dont even want to touch the competitive as it is now. for the alrd thin choices within tank and sp role, and add on banning count. it is soooooo easy for dps to just slap other roles with a fish on their face.
cause who like to feel powerless and choiceless against enemy team right? especially when you are mm with a somewhat moronic dps in your team because the system is bad at mm pairing.

btw, 132, 141, 042, 051, was norm before 222 is out. if your suggestion can keep any of these out of equation, i will listen to your suggestion.

I do enjoy my queue times of less than a minute as a rule (as I play D’Va and therefore queue as tank).
DPS queue times don’t affect me directly but they are an issue with a solution already in place.

Ah true I could que as a tank/support and play them like a dps :stuck_out_tongue: “As many others do :smile:”.

remove RQ and I leave this game. So will many others.

3 Likes