Remove moira auto lock

About 3 more topics to cover with that reasoning. Fun is the most important part of the game and if something isnt fun feedback should be given :slight_smile:

give her the sym treatment, more dmg but she has to aim.

1 Like

That’s honestly not asking much and it would at least be fair that way

1. Fun is subjective and there are many things that are more unfun that it
  2. it does <50 dps (I think) and lucio can basically out heal it by existing near you
  3. Literally just shoot her what do you mean “no counterplay?” Shields exist you know
  1. I agree
  2. It does exactly 50DPS and lucio cannot out-heal it without amp it up.
  3. Shields are definitely one of the bigger ways to counter moira.

Does it really even matter when the foundation of the argument is objectively untrue? lol

Her succ isn’t -really- much of an auto-lock, plus it does low damage on it’s own.

Not untrue and several great answers have been explained why in this thread feel free to read them :slight_smile:

It still boils down to the same thing tho.

An auto-lock is, functionally, a beam that is harder to sever than to create. This is not true for Moira- the connecting and breaking hitboxes are the same. Someone need a course on basic video game terms.

Odd, because all I’ve read in defense is from people who don’t actually know what the word means. You must be playing a different game then, where Moira’s beam doesn’t instantly release upon breaking LoS or where the hitbox where the beam hits expands once it first connects. It’s probably also the one where her range is infinite, bc in my version it’s 20 meters

1 Like

Moira is literally garbage anywhere above Plat. Barring 3-3-3 where’s she’s outclassed by zen and ana 99% of the time. These forums are a mess lmao

Fun is playing a hero. If a hero is fun to fight against that means you’re having an easy time steam rolling them.

Does it lock on? Yes. Or at least I believe so. Or it at least feels like it does. Then again, maybe the bendy nature of the beam makes it easier to track.

Either way, it’s fine.

I’ve recently learn to live with Moiras kit. I might not like playing against her but there’s nothing about her kit that needs to change, her design is pretty much perfect. And she’s not really that hard to kill if you try hard enough.

I still hate her though.

And yet aside from the fact that it breaks easier than the other auto locks everything else is exactly the same.

No your the one that’s wrong space

And yet it can switch targets without ever having its damage stop, has a lock on hitbox that’s 4x the size of everything else in the game and that 20m range is good for sucking pharahs out of the sky most of the time. Low effort. No aim. Please rework blizz!

Good Thing plat and below is about 90% of the playerbase. Our balance should matter more :slight_smile:

Theres loads of fights I enjoy when I lose them. I just dont like losing to low effort, no aim heros.

She has NO autolock.
Get that thru your thick skulls ppl.

1 Like

It’s not “functionally” the same thing if it literally is coded as a different targeting system. It is not broken, it has laughable DPS and you need to get over it. Crying for a nerf to the character will not fix player behavior. If people were just heal bots with her (that is NOT what the character is designed to do) you couldn’t be blathering on the forums about something that doesn’t need to be changed! Oh my goodness the irony is so sickly sweet.

This is the biggest load of garbage people try to spread here to justify their terrible aim and think they are actually good at aiming.

Listen I’m terrible at aiming and I don’t think Moira needs a change with her HUMONGOUS ‘target zone’ but saying it’s not aimlock is something I’ll always point out as being BS.

Saying Moira isn’t autolock is like saying soldier’s ult isn’t autolock. And people still mix up autolock and tethering which isn’t the same. Tethering is like sym’s old beam. It would stay locked on target even through walls for a little bit of time and keep doing damage. Auto aim is having your weapon hit the taeget as long as the target is in your ‘targetzone’ like soldier’s ult. As long as a target is in your middle circle (which covers basically 90% of the screen), you’ll hit.

Moira is EXACTLY the same principle as soldier only that her ‘targetzone’ is a lot smaller but it is still enough to mjss a target by a whole roadhog size and keep attacking it.

I’m just allergic to people saying moira requires any kind of aim. It only requires a slight amount of aim at max range. I made a whole video on this at some point, but strangely, once I posted it, not a single ‘moira requires just as much aim as other heroes’ defender replied and the topic died.

3 Likes

It’s not an auto lock, and I know OP is trolling, but…

You know, I think you may be onto something here. Make it a spray that affects every target in 15 meters just like her heal does. 50 damage per second to all enemies in a 15 meter radius potentially all the way around Moira just by holding down right click and spinning in a circle sounds completely fair, and I am totally fine with this idea. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ik Moira doesn’t have an auto lock, however you cannot argue that she doesn’t have a massive hitbox which makes it 10 times easier to aim with.

small hit box
self heals
autolock
fade
she has the advantage over all dps heros

1 Like