Remove moira auto lock

up to 100 on cooldown with two self heal ability and no aim requirments and a fade on 6s with a small hirbox and croutch jump spam

Compared to what? She hits no easier/trickier than anyone else with that attack beam would.

Zarya? Symmetra?

There’s no autolock. Will dismiss rest of argument. I wish people would do research before they start beating not only a dead horse but something that has been disproven.

Not even close.

4 Likes

That just isn’t true. She’s easier than both of those. You’re just being dishonest. I don’t know what it is with some of you guys.

1 Like

Don’t worry about trying to convince people. They seem to love telling you that your own hundreds of hours of experience with the game is wrong and to trust in a stupid youtube video.

But that’s the thing, other than being slightly wider (which yes, makes it easier), it’s functionally the same thing.

I think looking at the actual width of the cylinder, Orisa’s attack is comparable. Not each bullet, but the corridor she shoots in. And yes, sure, that means Moira has it slightly easier to hit than other beam characters. But it’s not this “just hold the enemy roughly in your view and you’ll hit” thing people seem to always think it is.

That’s more Winston or old Symm. Which, curiously enough, had actual lock-ons (meaning loss was more lenient than hitting).

Here he is again, the man, the myth, the legend, at it again with another b8 post.

2 Likes

None of those move with logic to a new target. You have to aim on the others. Stop being an idiot.

1 Like

The graphical representation in-game is what leads people to describe it as a lock-on ability, as there is no cone on screen to speak of - only a beam that appears to lock on. As long as you can sweep your cursor onto a player while holding M2 and then keep them in your field of view you will continue to deal damage; there’s basically no mechanical aim required to kill, only time.

While occasionally the range on her damage beam can seem absurd (probably a netcode thing), the only time I get really annoyed is when a random purple ball floats by and hits me for 100 damage or something. I’ve had games where I’ve taken two steps out of spawn, only to lose a bunch of health to a random orb while the Moira is across the map doing something else entirely. It’s already an auto-targeting skill; it doesn’t need to live as long as it currently does IMO.

This person again? These posts make me want to vomit.

1 Like

Moira needs to be able to damage easily to refill her health resource. Also, taking away her lock on denies some players from playing her like those who have disabilities. I’d be okay making her range shorter but if you can’t out damage a Moira you need to work on your own skill and not blame a hero for you being bad.

While I agree the sentiment is GIT GUD, and SHOULD BE.

Saying that it has a normal hitbox is KIND OF A LIE.
If you put it next to a hitscan, the hitscan can only target the visual portion of a hero, and a moira can target about a whole other model of a skinny hero outward before the beam decides to disconnect.

But still OP, she doesn’t need it “removed”. You just need to out damage her whole FIFTY DAMAGE PER SECOND. It REALLY isn’t that hard -.-

Here is a reference for the people who think that moira’s lock on doesn’t exist and that it closely matches hitboxes, because that’s not true.

youtu.be/94Q3LLyhEig?t=225

It’s a time stamp of how the moira “lock on” actually works, and how far it goes. Enjoy skilling up the brain :smiley:

Just think of the ability as a forward facing huge beam. It’s not TRUE lock on like mercys healing, but instead just a VERY large hitbox that appears to lock on. But is in no way closely matched to other projectiles and hitscan shots in the game.

Me too. The game is kinda in a sad state atm.

Please contribute to the discussion

1 Like

She did a while back. You want like another one?

It’s like 40 damage per second… Maybe people should stop positioning so aggressively and then act surprised when they get killed by the lowest dps in the game.

1 Like

since when did moira have auto lock?

2 Likes

looks at the Moira secondary fire accuracy stat
Wonders why that exists if it’s a lock on like everyone says

4 Likes

How many unfun excuses you going to use?

Wouldn’t making her right click a spray be worse? If you’re complaining that she’s too powerful with lock on why would you want something like a damaging version of her heal spray? If anything, shorten it’s range but even then you can just play outside it. It’s the same length as hog’s hook (ish), so do whatever you’d do to outplay the hook’s range or snipe her. Or run. That works too. Whatever works. I know I run when I run into Moira in a dark corner somewhere. It’s like running into a clown. Just keep backing up, and don’t turn back

1 Like