Remove moira auto lock

It’s not autolock. The only thing that autolocks is her orb for obvious reasons. Her beam bends, having the appearance of an autolock, but the hitbox is actually the size of Zarya’s beam when fully charged… Despite the visual effects being very whispy (which again, is why the whispy beam bends).

Having infinite ammo kinda just makes it worse feeling tho since there’s no downtime. Good thing the beam is 20ticks per second, meaning she needs some A+ tracking if you’re 10m+ away from her.

Moira is the epitome of the difficulty of a game like Overwatch. Lower levels Moira’s auto aim is OP because (by definition) lower level people have lesser aim, thus less d.p.s. - while the Moira at every single level has the exact same d.p.s. and auto lock.

So low level she is OP, high level shes weak.

Moira doesn’t have an auto lock. Her damage is only problematic in FFA, where her bouncy balls can cheese final blows.

1 Like

Moira has a limited field of view for her auto target. If you don’t believe she doesn’t have an auto target ability, go in training and target one of the moving robots and you stand still. Her purple “laser” moves with the robot BUT only within a small range.

Sym had it, but hers was like it locked on to you and you were done, you could almost jump out of her vision and still be targeted. That was ridiculous, so blizzard made her beam straight.

Moira is fine

Leaving this here. It’s not a lock on. It’s not an auto target. It’s a beam that is functionally identical to Zarya’s and Symmetra’s with a larger hitbox and less damage.

2 Likes

I mean you say that but at the end of the day it boils down to being the same exact thing as a soft lock.

30 hps

no aim requirement

nor does she need to reload

1 Like

she deals 50 DPS, and the autolock is nowhere near as strong as what Symmetra’s used to be.

Moira’s beam has such a long range because it’s safer that way. if her beam range gets decreased, then her lifesteal would need to be increased. and that’d be hell to play against.

if her lifesteal is also a problem then so is harmony orb since they heal at the exact same HPS.

normal hitbox lol?
it’s the size of a planet

that gif reminds me of souleater

1 Like

It’s from seraph of the end.

Which makes it basically equal to a lockon

Hitbox size has nothing to do with whether or not an attack is a lock on

Nope. But still turns it into the same exact thing

No, the exact same thing as lock on would just be lock on. It would be continuing after los is broken, have the hitbox become larger after attaching, or being harder to break than to connect. But it doesn’t. So it isn’t.

Would importantly also need to recharge energy at 140% (7/5th), because to a healer Moira the crucial function of the beam is gaining energy, not dealing damage.

Can you stop embarassing yourself? You keep argueing that because A) the game shows certain visuals and B) you’re no good at aiming/evasion that Zarya’s or Sym3’s beam are lock-on weapons, or at least “the same exact thing”.

Do you even realize how nutters that makes you sound?

Dude stop defending saying its just that. How can you explain her freaking RMB going like 90° upwards? i have nothing against her but saying she doesnt have some sort of aim assist is just not true.

1 Like

a LOT more people in this communiy should watch videos like that. It might stop some of the uneducated stuff like this threat.

Technically true. But also technically makes it a lockon.

I’m not the one trying to claim moira requires aim

I can’t, because it doesn’t happen (outside of lag-compensation which is the equivalent of dying to a pharah missile she fires after she was dead when you snipe her as widow, it happens due to the way the netcode errs on the side of the attacker).

Ah, so if she doesn’t have an aim assist - that’s not a subject of opinion btw, the game doesn’t care how much you want Moira to have aim assist, she still has none :stuck_out_tongue: - does that mean the game is not true? As in, it’s a lie? Have you all been playing a fidget of our imagination? :scream:

I don’t know about autolock…

In my opinion, it’s more about the distance she can suck up hp with the right button.
Many times in games, I was thinking “why am I able/allowed to do this ?”…