[release] Mei ice skating

It’s a team deathmatch mode I’ve been working on based around Mei being able to shoot her ice beam on the floor to be able to ice skate.

Build up speed while skating to be able to deal damage to enemies, then melee them or shoot an ice spike. Damage dealt depends on your speed, and if you’re at max speed, melee and headshots will instantly kill the enemy.

Code: C6Z68

More modes could definitely be added! Mei ice skate racing maybe?

6 Likes

actualy sugested this in some ancient post for an “buff” for Mei. not sure devs seen this.

1 Like

Good work OP! :+1:

@Titanen
The devs did have that in mind when designing Mei:

2 Likes

Yea like the overwatch devs discussed, i definitely noticed the issue of looking down too much, and it was also a bit tiring to constantly hold down the left mouse button.

So I added a third person camera to be able to see a bit further ahead while looking down, and a button to toggle Mei’s primary fire!

Her primary fire is toggled by tapping the interact key once, and the camera is toggled by holding down the interact key for half a second.
Sadly, the camera action is glitchy (nothing we can do about that), so sometimes you have to try activating the camera a few times for it to work.