Upgrade Mei with Ice Skates

I know Mei is the devil among devil’s, but we have to admit the despite her strong ability to freeze multiple people at once, she is a very slow character. She has tiny, thick legs that couldnt really run!

Anyway, it would be great if Blizzard upgrades her mobility by giving her ice skates or a ski. This ties up with her short story too and a quick Mei would be great to counter a speeding Lucio that holds the point by skating on the wall.

Otherwise, Blizzard should think of giving her ult an insta freeze effect. At the moment, many characters could escape her ult: Mercy could fly away if she has ult, Rein could boost to get out of the ult area, Lucio can easily get away, Brigitte could also use her hip-push ability to get out of sight.

I still think Mei with Ice skates is way cooler. Though players who hate Mei and don’t know how to counter her would have a horrible time. The ice witch will thrive lol

4 Likes

Ice skating Mei needs to happen

4 Likes

While I think this could be a little too powerful on someone like Mei, I’d be all for an Ice Skating Mei emote.

1 Like

an emote yes, an actuall thing in the game that she can use HELL NO she is the devil

(see what i did there :wink: )

I think Mei is fine. The developers have discussed giving her some form of ice-based mobility in the past (besides shifting herself up onto her ice wall), and figured it would just be too much. Sure, it would be fun to give her some horizonal mobility, but she’ll be fine just as she is along with the other no-mobility characers like Ana, Roadhog, Orisa, and Torbjorn.

To be honest, I’m surprised she can’t do some type of “Ice Man” thing with her gun. You know, like shoot at the ground and slide on the ice. It makes a lot of sense as an ability.

This was also discussed by the developers-- giving her the ability to move faster by following her own freeze spray on the ground.

1 Like

The devs have actually addressed this already

Part of what makes her balanced is the gamesense needed to approach targets to freeze them and the lack of mobility to catch up with targets that escaped a freeze attempt.

Mobility would send that all out the window.

As a Mei main I would prefer this as an emote or a POTG intro.

1 Like

Agreed whole heartedly

Also pointing out that she does have a highlight intro where she skates…

Yup, I want one with her snowboarding. Like an Xtreme sports style.

Summer games is in a few months…Maybe? (Though snowboarding…summer…she was an Antarctic scientist…I guess it could work)

1 Like

Now that we have the workshop I made it happen!

2 Likes

Thank you, this is great!