Experiments with Reaper changes show them to be a nerf

Learn to take a joke.

Yes this indeed looks like very very constructive feedback.

I’ve tested this. PTR is two shots at 5 meters, 3 at 10 meters, 7 at 15 meters. Live is 2 shots 5 meters, 3 shots 10 meters, 7 at 15 meters pretty consistently. I’m not seeing any differences at all.

Honestly, I am having trouble believing my own eyes. They must have screwed up implementing the fix. That’s definitely worse if it is like that every time. Surely that isn’t what they intended though.

3 Likes

I too want to know the answer to this.

There was no screw up. They just clearly did not test it at all. More uniformity in spread means that it’s more consistent and it’s more consistently bad.

1 Like

Well, here is a visual on how the spread is from PTR to Live: http://www.screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/122943
The one that looks more like a doughnut is the PTR (hovering your mouse over and off the image lets you see both).

So that’s why at given distances, it is a huge nerf to Reaper, because he is going to have to play a lot closer in order to get more value out of his shotguns. With the more random spread, you would have more pellets hitting the center of your crosshair vs what is on PTR, where pellets are more spread out evenly.

12 Likes

This does make sense in some respect.

Reducing the random effects the game has on the spread of shotguns means there’s less of a chance that your shots randomly hit center mass. In 4 shotgun shells (or 80 pellets) there’s a good chance that most pellets hit closer to center mass.

Reducing the randomness of this means the shotguns have a more fixed pattern, but with a dignified purpose – that is, to bust down tanks caught in the open.

1 Like

His was a buff. I can’t be bothered to test again and I’d rather just respond to people here but I remember seeing earlier a post on Reddit about how he takes less shots to kill now, but you’ll just have to trust me.

It was satire with the intent to discredit the OP. Don’t pack-pedal now. Except, satire is only funny when it points out flaws rather than being riddled with them.

Quoting a small portion of my post out of context now? Hm, let’s go look at the rest.

I stated why it’s a nerf
I stated what they can do to fix it.

But that doesn’t fit your narrative of me being unreasonable, so of course you won’t quote it.

You’re an embarrassment to the act of discussion. I’m reporting you for trolling, and I’m not replying further.

10 Likes

Thanks for the screenshot. That helps a lot actually. You can definitely see that the PTR pattern has fewer pellets in the center and more on the outside.

Yeah, that’s not good.

Thanks for finding that; it’s what my post was based on. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think what everyone is saying is: When someone fires at long range. The RNG aspect of the bullets allowed you to do more damage. With it now having less spread RNG. Your better aim will do less damage. So you’re forced to stay within close range. And not get lucky at long range.

It would be good if they actually tightened the spread instead of reducing the randomization on the spread.

4 Likes

Thx for the screen. Thats crazy…

1 Like

According to a ptr/live video comparison, hog is in a better place now.

From 3 shots (where every time, the amount of damage each did varied inmensely) to a clean 2.

I don’t know what went wrong with reaper, but I hope the fix it. I’m sure this wasnt intentional.

2 Likes

This is bad man, I guess it’s the same for Roadhog.

He got a spread pattern change along with randomization, Reaper just got randomization.

Maybe you need to adjust your aim and muscle memory or just do more tests.

1 Like

Those seem like amazing buffs to do more “consistent” damage and higher life steal. Unless there was a ninja nerf to reduce his damage…then obviously it would still be a bad trade. Not sure that’s what OP is suggesting. From what they tested.

1 Like

If this results in Reapers now intentionally shooting at an offset to their intended target… my words are going to be a lot less kind :slight_smile:

1 Like