Really?! Sym nerfs!? I'm done

Sym nerfs on ptr…

Damage lowered from 195 to 180

Beam width from .3 to .15

Seriously…
They really do want her to be garbage…

She was viable for five seconds. I’m done. No more sym for me

What’s even worse us that she was just viable in her perfect meta. And they nerfed her.

https://blizztrack.com/patch_notes/overwatch_ptr

^
that is how I feel playing symmetra. There is no reason for it to be that way

242 Likes
25 Likes

Didn’t think bunker pandering was a thing but here we are.

32 Likes

60 is too harsh for damage, but the width dosen’t affect me since my aim is somewhat good

8 Likes

source?

She was really tearing up that ladder! Mega oppressive; glad she got nerfed over Widow and hanzo! She’s picked WAY more than them!

70 Likes

PTR is now updated. Patch notes are posted by several users here on the forums. Official post coming soon.

Also, (taking off the MVP cap), I think I see the objectives on this one the developers were trying to reach. Symmetra if left unchecked turns into a powerhouse especially in the lower ranked games. I myself am still concerned with recent tactics like a Symm Turret/Sigma Barrier mini bunker on key objective points in Control or Assault maps. If anything this will very likely give Winston a chance to counterplay that strat without getting melted nearly as fast (as his primary fire bypasses barriers).

Note as a forum MVP, I do not represent Blizzard. My opinions about this balance adjustment are my own. I have also edited this post to be a bit more tactful.

38 Likes

Id rather them replace her turrets with something else, annoying buggers.

14 Likes

So glad they’ve nerfed the most broken hero in the game, Symmetra, her pickrate was absolutely atrocious. Overwatch is now saved.

79 Likes

Sym is the second least picked dps in ow

10 Likes

Even with 2-2-2 the bad balancing continues on lol.

66 Likes

I get the damage lowered from 195 to 180.
But why touch the beam width???

Hoping they revert the width or set it to .2 or .25

39 Likes

Bc double barrier was getting eaten alive by ironically one of the worst dps.

We cant have that.

75 Likes

At least choose one. Why do they always do the over nerf thing.

9 Likes

Better nerf symmetra will now be the “better nerf Greninja” meme of overwatch

19 Likes

Wow that didn’t take long.

2 Likes

A whole 8% DPS lost is not much. Particularly when she can hit 150 dps on turrets alone

3 Likes

We’re seeing both beam-stick type users being nerfed and I don’t actually understand a thing to why they are nerfed.

There are literally more heroes that are rampant in the roster that deals tremendous amounts of non-sense DPS at things they shouldn’t excel at, yet not nerfed.

Sym get a moment of glory to shine, error 404 get nerfed.

Actual joke, literally.

65 Likes

It’s a good thing those turrets don’t die to a melee hit… oh wait

22 Likes

Putting them in melee range is your own problem.

2 Likes