Read Open Queue Limit Tanks OW2

Its not a positive no one in OQ likes goats your just saying that because you dont like OQ and want it to die from what ive seen on previous threads.
Maybe im making too much of an assumption though.

3/2 is not GOATS…

GOATS was a very specific comp that you can’t achieve in OW2 because the tanks have fundamentally changed and healers have seen nerfs and changes as well. Just because you have 3 tanks on a team doesn’t make it GOATS. It makes it a triple tank comp or a tank-heavy comp or a dps-less comp. Not GOATS.

1 Like

Yeah ok but its better than goats imo so its still not fun.

3 Giga overtuned tanks that represent 2 players each

Its like an 8 v 6 (If you play regular OW2 comp)

For OW1 its not too bad but for OW2 there needs to be Tank limits I dont care what the new comp is called or whatever I dont want it to be a thing.

In their last news site they said that its for people who want to get fast into a game. Therefore: it stays as it is.

You would still get in games in the same time with tank limits or am I forgetting something?
You just seem to despise Open queue for no reason and want it not to succeed.

That’s simply not true, quite the opposite. I am in fact a staunch advocate for Open Queue. In fact, I have been having these conversations since Season 2. I do try to keep an open mind toward the other side’s arguments and do my best not to take an absolutist position if it stands in the way of objectivity. Also, I like to think that I’m capable of changing my mind when I’m proved wrong.

I was a cautious opponent to Role Queue from very onset of this debate in 2016, but when it was finally implemented three years later, I saw that while it did some harm, over all the change was beneficial to the game. I changed my stance on the issue of RQ itself, but was disappointed that the ranked version of Open Queue was completely eliminated and lent my voice to those trying to rectify that situation.

1 Like

The way I see it, the point was to fix queue times.

And OQ is just a good heatsink for excess players.

Nice, good to know that but still.

I dont think mutliple tanks in OW2 is a good thing in OW2 each Tank represents 2 players its a very unfair advantage atleast in OW1 they were balanced to be one key player.

Tanks in OW2 are giga buffed to represent 2 players having 2 Tanks is like having 4 players for the price of 2.

They need to limit tanks for open queue in OW2 and Ive been playing almost exclusively Tank in this season and last season.

Just because its open queue I still want fair games for Competitive OQ 2 or 3 Tanks is going to be an almost must across almost every rank even in QP im seeing only Tank and healer teams.
OQ players still want to have fair and integral matches.

“Blizzard please add open queue”

“Blizzard why can you play multiple tanks in open queue please add a role queue restriction”

1 Like

Guess you never properly read my original post just read the first 3 words then comment scratch that the first few words literally talk about limiting tanks lmao

Do me a favour and actually read the first few lines

Its not role queue its just restricting tanks since theyre giga buffed and now represent 2 players for the price of 1 hardly role queue you arent actively queing for any role and can still switch between roles, queues are still faster and most people dont want to play multiple tanks but its almost a must at this point.

What a dumb uninputful useless comment.

This magical world, where you get the RQ experience but don’t have to deal with the RQ queue times…

It doesn’t exist. Open queue is, by nature, unbalanced and has people doing whatever the crap they want. If you don’t want that, don’t play OQ.

Deal with the queue times of RQ if you want game mode restrictions.

P.S. Tanks DO NOT represent “2 players.” Far from it. How does adding 100 hp to Ball suddenly make him as valuable as 2 tanks? Or 100 HP to hog?

You’re sorely overestimating the “Giga buffing” of tanks.

Firstly, learn what GOATS comp is first before complaining about it

GOATS was a 3/3 tank support meta, consisting of Rein, Zarya, DVa, Lucio, Moira, Brig

Any change to GOATS no longer made it GOATS. The removal of DVa and replacing her with Mei or Sombra made variations, but did not come close to the GOATS comp

Therefore, 5vs5 cannot, in amy way, yield GOATS. The closest hero comp would be something called LAMBS (My name)

LAMBS is a comp consisting of Lucio, Moira, Rein, DVa, Zarya

So sombra goats isnt a thing?
Or doom goats?
What about when people were playing Zen instead of Moira for goats.

Regardless though I dont really care I just want them to limit tanks I dont care what its called.

Limiting tanks would literally go against what Open Queue is about

1 Like

Also in all the times I referenced goats after reading back they were all infreference to OW1.
But I dont want Tripple or double tank in OW2 either.

I didnt really know the distiction but I never explicitly said Goats and OW2 either.

Why limit only ONE ROLE?
There is mode for limitations, and one with non, its just not fair you just tell tanks “only you cant play multiple heroes of your role at once in whole game, rest of people are free to go!”
But i guess as long as its not dps being limited its fine right?!
Also btw, wasnt one of excuses why role lock was added because "4 dps every game, people dont pick tanks and supports! " ?

It was rarely run in most games during goats prime before role lock, it was diamond+ thing, lower ranks didnt played it, and i was sad about it. It was most coordinated game i could get from plat players when they picked goats (no more run in one by one and die for most of the game)

see

You didnt even read my whole post dude

Okay my bad but people still called it Goats.

I never explicitly said OW2 and Goats in the same sentence anyway.

Regardless this isnt a discussion about what goats is or isnt its about removing double and tripple tank from OW2 open queue because its broken since each tank represents 2 players.

But you did…
Not even 2 paragraphs in

This is the stupidest post I’ve seen on here since I’ve joined. Do you even know what open-queue is? If you want 1 tank, then play role queue. That’s how it’s been for years now, so what in OW2 makes it any different? lmfao, just complain complain complain boohoo

1 Like