Rammatra's unlock method is completely DISGUSTING

The interesting thing is that they said every one who owned an ow1 account got Kiriko for free without a battle pass. I guess they went back on their word. (and no not free in the battlepass, but free), bc why differentiate “everyone who owns ow1”

That happened, didn’t it? I got kiriko on all of my accounts without having to unlock it. I wouldn’t even be playing otherwise.

Sorry for not responding to everything, I am limited by 1 reply because I am terrible at using the forums properly (keep messing up multi quote posts etc), I think Devils was correct about their assessment of why, pretty much the idea of softening the blow before they brought the next hero in the BP.

Because OW is an international hit, and is played in places like Africa, Latin America, and the poorer parts of Asia, to name a few.

And even in the America, people still need to eat and pay rent – you want people to starve or get homeless just to play a kids’ game?

Does it cost more than $10 to get the hero right away? Or is it just buy the battle pass and you get the hero?

The unlock method is fine.

Getting to level 55 does not take long. The math has been done on this already. And mind you people made the whole ‘you get rolled by them’ argument with Kiriko, which turned out to be complete BS. Yes, she’s a good support hero, but she can easily be killed and just having Kiriko in the team didn’t automatically mean you won.

People saying this is predatory are diluting the term, same with folks who claim this is anti-consumer. It’s neither, and there are actual predatory and anti-consumer monetization and gameplay features out there that need to be treated seriously. Calling everything you don’t like predatory and anti-consumer doesn’t help with that.

2 Likes

its the most expensive battlepass ive encountered. it’s disgusting.

there should be 2 versions of it.

cheap version - 5aud, no extra bonuses but you still get unlocks, and the nromal version where you pay the god awful amount for the exp bonuses etc.

EDIT** if you reach the cap without paying the bp, you should get half of the bp rewards

its cool, i watched your video, it just makes me depressed bc its so true.

I agree but people around here are so hateful and just want everyone else to suffer so they can lie about enjoying whatever garbage OW2 has become.

me while having 20k legacy coin :

If there was a black pill, that was it lol

1 Like

overwatch hasnt become “garbage” people overreact so much. only the cash shop is garbage. 26 dollars for one skin. the 10 dollar battlepass isnt that bad… i can muster 10 bucks for a new hero and some skins… i dont feel ripped off. i would also pay 10 dollars for dlc for a game i really like, so i dont see that as a big deal. some ppl just like to complain.

1 Like

It seems very garbage to me to have the monetization that it has at all. The cons outweigh the tiny list of maybe 3 pros any day of the week really.

1 Like

its true you used to get stuff for free when you purchased the game, and ultimately you’d probably rather of just bought watchpoint pack once and got the heroes for free, but the battlepass is also giving you stuff that lootboxes used to. its not just the hero you are paying 10 for. you also get a mythic skin each time.

The game is free now and this is the reality of the game. Most people will get it. It’s just inevitable. And most likely the loudest complainers, are going to be the first ones to crack.

1 Like

Oh I absolutely recognise that.

And anyone spending time posting on a video game forum is in a position of financial privilege, whether they acknowledge it or not - they have access to a phone or computer, an internet connection and electricity. Luxury.

And I’m not US-based. The Battle Pass is more like $15 in my local currency and will cost more in other areas. But video games are a luxury, they aren’t more important than food, rent, work (or for that matter, family and friends). If they’re beyond your means, they’re beyond your means.

New heroes are pretty easily accessible - for free - within the bounds of the season in which they are introduced. They are also available - for free - after their initial season.

The “I take this game seriously, I need to win every time to increase my SR, I need the new hero immediately” attitude seems very-much at odds with the “I barely have time for this game, I don’t really care about it all that much, I don’t really want to spend money on it” attitude. You either care or you don’t. The game is either worth it or it isn’t.

I have fun playing Overwatch with friends. I get hours of entertainment out of it every week. That alone is worth $10 every couple of months. Easily.

1 Like

I hate battlepasses. However I can ignore them unless theres something I really want.

However locking a hero that 100% will affect the meta behing 55 levels is ridiculous. Teams will be at a disadvantage.

Kiriko was bad enough, however you had more chances that one of your supports had her.

However you only get ONE tank. If you dont have him it is an unfair advantage.
Usually when heroes are behind battlepasses they dont actually have incredibly different abilities, or affect a meta. Blizzard cant put out a hero without them being busted because they rely on hype.

What? Lmao. Do you think poor people have zero free time? Hate to break it to you, but people who live paycheck to pay check can have a phone, and want to browse the internet.

2 Likes

$20 in loot boxes would get me the same amount of legendary skins + coins to buy more in the future. Could maybe argue that $40 of boxes would do this even better. The value is almost not comparable and the loot boxes hid the cost of everything, it was very illusionary and I’d still take that over what we got any day of the week!

In the case of OP though, heroes should not be on the pass. If it was cosmetic only I’d probably not be upset at all.

4 Likes

it costs 20 dollars for a sandwich wrap on doordash, 10 dollars is literally nothing in this economy.

That is highly dependent on where you live in the world.