Rammatra's unlock method is completely DISGUSTING

Hey just so you know, OW1 still exists. It’s just called OW2. We all paid for OW1, then Blizzard called it OW2 and made it f2p. They probably changed the name so people like you can defend the predatory, money grubby decisions they make because it’s a “new game”. How does boot taste?

1 Like

It is an insane grind, considering it’s 60 cents a week (or 60 OW coins) regardless of overtime.

The overpriced cosmetics (as in sky-high prices) and battlepass contrasted with the value of gameplay grind shows just how HUGE Activision-Blizzard values rich whales over working class joes.

MFW you have to spend 3 months to earn a skin in OW2

Nah, just go play something else for 6 months, then come back and get them through the non-battlepass methods they’ve promised. Assuming you’re still interested in OW, that is.

It’ll be interesting to see what those methods are in Season 2 when they add one for kiriko.

Edit: Derp, you said “skins”, not “heroes”.

No, people don’t like it because sometimes we don’t have all the time in the world to grind through a battle pass.

It’s predatory because it predates on people’s frustration. Heroes being on the battle pass bank on the fact that, wild concept, people want to play the new hero the moment it drops! Like they always have! Players will be presented with two options; spend 10 dollars, or spend hours of playtime. We’ve been given a standard for a long time, and suddenly they take that standard away, this is literally what drug dealers do.

I mean, they could’ve shut the servers down, but why? They’d be doing everybody a disservice by not allowing anyone to play anymore, and no longer have Overwatch as a revenue source.

I don’t think this is the omega own you think it is bud. Shut up and be grateful is probably one of the most miserable standpoints to take on anything in life. Don’t you think people are owed a little decency? Wouldn’t you like it if the game went f2p but we could keep unlocking skins for free if we didn’t want to spend 10 bucks every season? These are all digital files that used to be locked behind a one-time paywall, and are now locked behind hundreds of dollars if you want to unlock everything. Do you really, honestly want to pay 20 dollars for a skin instead of getting it for free? I don’t think you do. Nobody does.

3 Likes

Actually touch grass. Like, go outside.

I’m not sure how you need to be “rich” to pay $10 every 8 weeks. Netflix costs a whole lot more than that.

I guarantee I go outside more than you.

mfw people w/ a defeatist attitude pop in to say “it’s not that bad” as if they prefer not enjoying things.

good one. uh, um, uh, oh yeah? Well, I know you are, but what am I?

4 Likes

Your response reflects your avatar, I find this highly amusing. Have a like.

Yeap, coz playing OW for the grind is NOT fun. All they care about is players forking over 10 dollars for overpriced battlepass cosmetics which you have to work for AFTER you’ve paid for the battlepass.

Mfw people pretending $10 is a fortune like we’re living in some sort of 1980s children’s story.

Even in the dystopian capitalist hellhole that is the US of A, it’s like an hour of minimum-wage work every two months.

The problem is Loot Boxes are never coming back, they are illegal in most European (and other) countries. The battle pass is actually very reasonably priced at $10. Should a hero needed to play comp be in it…? From a Blizzard marketing standpoint… yes. If you are playing a FTP game and NOT willing to pay anything to play it, then you need to grind. Sorry but that is just how it is. Playing a FTP game and not being willing to pay anything towards its advancement and it’s future I do not feel sorry for you at all. I not only paid the original OW1 price several times (I have several alt accounts), I also bought the watchpoint pack on a couple of them. I do not want this game to be DEAD again for years, and I’m willing to pay $10 a month for that. If you want a free ride that’s fine, but that free ride comes with a price, it’s called the grind. And since the new hero isn’t available for play in comp for the first 2 weeks anyway, that should be more than enough time to unlock it. While you wait, that hero IS available to play and practice with in the practice range and in qp, so you aren’t losing any time on the hero. The true problem is the extremely overpriced cost of the cosmetics in the shop. They are not needed to play the game of course, but idk how Blizzard is justifying their cost when you get multiple skins, weapon charms, sprays, voice lines, etc… for $10 then wants to charge $26.00 for a skin and 1 or 2 additional items in a bundle. These items are already finished products and can be mass generated, its not like they are a limited commodity, I would like that selling the same thing for $13.00 (1/2 the price) would get them 100x the sales.

1 Like

Mfw seven thousand fifty-four posts.

2 Likes

Frustration is a you problem. You were given nothing. You paid box price to access the heroes and had to pay or play to earn skins. No other game hands out heroes! They are locked. This model facilitated additional content cost and is far more fair than any other game I’ve played. You just got spoiled for 6 years.

But that’s just it. OW wasn’t creating the revenue they needed to maintain it.

I don’t disagree for the most part but I understand that they had to change to survive. I don’t like most of the changes either but characters are still free, the game is still free, you just have to play to unlock new characters and that doesn’t exist in any game I know of.

It’s not predatory, it’s not like a drug dealer, it’s a survival tactic that will probably fail in the long run but was better in a lot of ways than the alternative.

1 Like

…since 2018. 7051 posts in 1741 days. 6.8 posts per day. Gee, how could I possibly find time for anything else.

But why attack the argument when you can attack the person? Begone, child. Pick something less stupid to attack me on next time.

Because, no one “needs” that unique legendary, everyone “needs” the “hero” to play comp. It’s a marketing strategy to get more ppl to buy into the battle pass which is imo very reasonably priced at $10. Loot boxes are never coming back, they are illegal in many countries. Its a FTP game, if you want it truly FTP then you grind, it’s as simple as that.

i think technically DLC and season passes and battlepasses are ALL scummy, they need to change the entire gaming industry, not just overwatch. but compared to other games, this is totally in line with what i expect at this point…

if you’re interested NinjaWolf actman put out a video on live services not two hours ago, I think hes pretty much on the mark generally.

2 Likes