Quit with the laid back attitude. make some effort

Opinions =/= facts.

Facts are what lead in the state Mercy is now. Opinions can be wrong, facts cannot. Especially, opinions which do not only meet facts but also blatantly lying while at it because every fact I have mentioned, all these seven thoughts have crossed in the minds of Mercy players as I have been playing her myself.

I loved this conversation, I am being completely honest. This conversation should be an example as why the forums consider Mercy topics as spam at this rate. Because no matter how many times they stand corrected, they keep repeating the same things because ‘they are opinions and accept nothing that does not go along with these opinions’. Such things turn into spam at this point and spam, is worth of flagging.

2 Likes

You haven’t stated any facts, you’ve been stating your own opinion that Valkyrie is better than Res.

Which, in my opinion, it isn’t.

Sorry for turning into a butthead, though. I have a few mental problems that end up with me turning hostile when only slightly irritated. :frowning:

Other Mercy players have better arguments than I have. But, what I’ve been saying are the main reasons we want Mass Res to come back. But, not all of us do.
Mass Res to me was less clunky and stupid. Valkyrie doesn’t fit with her kit because she was initially given as a ‘powerful single target healer’.

I’m gonna call my friend Don Quixote, he’s good at fighting windmills :laughing:

1. which teammate is more aggressive for you to heal more ( or less ) ?
  2. which teammate is the most valuable for you to risk your life for a rez.
  3. when to press the left click since you are healing less so naturally, you have to predict who will get damaged first.
  4. have your mind over how much ultimate charge the enemy has.
  5. who has it and who has not so you can press Q and fly safely.
  6. press the ultimate button and fly around corners and such so the enemy will have as less vision of you as possible during your flight.
  7. fear that they might as well have a capable sniper who can one shot you.

These are not opinions, these are actual thoughts that cross into the minds of Mercy players under competitive standards.

And these, are what I used to point that during Mass Rez, you had none of them to think of. You gave me one thought instead which is not an opinion, but an actual thought you used to have while playing. A part of your gameplay.

Opinion, is that you think Mass Rez is more strategic. Which is an opinion of course. However, that does not make it right and we saw why.

Unfortunately, I am hardly sympathetic after getting passive aggressive responses for whatever reason. I would be, if you had your mental state mentioned prior every choice you took, which you took consciously.

Of course, you do not represent every Mercy player as I do not represent every Mercy player or Moira player myself. However, the louder you are along with some others, the more the bad impression you will give.

I am being friendly right now, even if it does not look like it so my advice will be this. If you keep adopting this hostile stance in several other topics, you do nothing but harm the reputation of the rest of the Mercy players because the loudest are the ones who get noticed the most. If you are indeed truly sorry to them ( not me ) and indeed did act out of anger, you will not act like in the same manner in other topics again.

If I will catch you being passive aggressive again on the same topic, it means you were lying. I want you to prove me wrong in this and show me that you speak the truth. There is absolute no reason to be hostile or passive aggressive in a conversation.

Mercy with res;

-What ultimates has the enemy used? Which are still in their bank?
-Is there a Widowmaker or Hanzo? Will I get picked before I can res?
-If I do res, is our team too spread out? Will we just get picked off again?
-Is it safer/a better idea to retreat and regroup?
-If I fly in, will I be able to get that hero about an inch out of my zone?
-That hero just got picked. Do I resurrect them or wait for another to die?
-The hero who just got picked has ultimate. Should I resurrect just in case for the team fight?

I can list things that I thought when I used Mercy with Mass Res, too.
I don’t think any of those things when I’m using Valkyrie. I just think about who I should put my beam on and weave around things to avoid being shot, because her self regen during Valkyrie is insane and even if I get clipped the chances of me dying are low.
IT’s not fun to be a brain dead pigeon, and it’s certainly not balanced with res on a cooldown. Res now has a forgiveness to it. It has no- well, charge. It’s free, every 30 seconds even if you fail at casting it once. You get another one in 30 seconds, no charge.

Also, for people with mental disorders, there may not be a reason but it can still be hard to not be rude if they have something that makes it difficult to communicate normally.
They can’t be controlled, medications only slightly help usually. Keep them at bay, but effects of having mental disorders can be random.

But, seriously. Get off of the topic of Mercy. This thread isn’t even supposed to be just about her. Yet, look where we are.
It’s a discussion about why the devs are ignoring us. This isn’t on topic.

What I was expecting was a list of your own, not mine repeated in different wording. The previous one you had was realistic.

Also, the four points;
’ -Is there a Widowmaker or Hanzo? Will I get picked before I can res?
-If I fly in, will I be able to get that hero about an inch out of my zone?
-That hero just got picked. Do I resurrect them or wait for another to die?
-The hero who just got picked has ultimate. Should I resurrect just in case for the team fight? ’

Are thoughts that are actually used in single target rez of 5 meters range, not mass rez of 15 meters and insta cast. The mass rez was three skulls and above. Two people rez or single was happening in 2CP, at the worst scenario possible when your defending team was less in numbers.

Temple of Anubis and last of Gibraltar in specific, we were waiting for skulls to appear so we could rez from inside the spawn ( before the spawn nerf of course a.k.a during Mercy 1.0 ).

Case is closed at this point.

1 Like

“The previous one I had” was literally what I just copy pasted from my comment.
Thanks.

Case closed, indeed. My original work, which is what you posted after I gave mine, is obviously better by your own words, then.

Done.

Honestly though, Blizzard does make steps towards greater balance. It’s just that they take so long, that people tend to not notice when they do something right.

Heck, look at the state of the game during Brigitte’s release:

• Brigitte was a bit much to deal with
  • Hanzo 2.0 came online
  • Double sniper meta
  • Mercy was the only viable healer
  • Every game relied on Graviton Surge + Dragonstrike to win

So what’s happened since then?

• Brigitte has had her Shield Bash cooldown increased and its hitbox decreased
  • Hanzo has been nerfed
  • Widowmaker was nerfed as well. Hitscan characters were buffed with reduced falloff, and we got a new hero, Hammond, who works exceptionally well at harassing snipers.
  • Huge support patch that took Mercy down and brought Ana back up
  • Graviton AoE has been nerfed, Dragonstrike can no longer be damage boosted. Now Zenyatta can counter this strategy with his ult very effectively.

Now obviously, there are plenty of other things to work on. Hanzo, Mercy, Bastion, Reaper, Torbjorn, etc.

But the devs had taken us out of a stale, boring meta. More heroes are now viable than the seven at Brigitte’s release. And there are more on the way.

Now, the only beef I have on my end is why everything takes so long. I believe it’s this whole thing with the PTR that I don’t feel like getting into rn.

But please don’t say that the devs don’t listen at all, that’s just silly.

1 Like

The reasons threads like this don’t get the response you want from developers is that they’re entirely opinionated but presented as fact.

Conversely, I think the game is in the BEST state it’s ever been. OWL is the only esport I’ve ever been interested in, there are more viable heroes and comps right now than ever, Brigitte is the best new hero yet, endorsements are a unique and interesting system with the potential to be even better, and this game isn’t about content. It’s about getting better. If you need new story content all the time, there are thousands of games where that’s the point. I’d much rather have solid multiplayer even if it’s only that.

1 Like

Yes im well aware…

So let me get this straight. Resurrect on E as an ability is too powerful and she is terrible right now while her win rate is low?

Something isn’t adding up because if Resurrect on E was too powerful she would not be terrible right now as she has Resurrect on E.

This isn’t the topic for that.
But, I think you just confused yourself.

Yes I know you’re all about telling people to get back on topic before you went and replied to every Mercy post in here doing the exact opposite of what you told others to do.

well this simply isn’t true. We just had 4 seasons of dive and 5 seasons of moth comps. Things are far from perfect but you can’t honestly say this is the worst it’s been, especially after all the recent balance changes to the support line up.

I have been telling people to get back on topic and only a few people have listened.
You need to do the same, it’s considered spam.

Hypocrisy at its finest. You tell someone to get back on topic because of a Mercy post they made that you disagreed with then proceed to continue to talk about Mercy in the next post. Wonderful how that works.

1 Like

??? That was hours ago, but-
Okay, dude. Whatever you think.
Lmao.

Indeed it was hours ago. I wasn’t able to reply hours ago but I see anything further is going to give me nothing in return so have a wonderful day.

Nobody talked about these times. Before then; it was better.

Beat the dead horse more then, please.
Ta-ta.