Quit with the laid back attitude. make some effort

Currently, Overwatch is in an awful state (it’s worst since launch) and one by one people are leaving the game solely because the devs have given up. when they do make the effort it’s the wrong decision and they take 3 months to rectify it despite countless complaints on a daily basis.

Overwatch league
said it from the moment it was a thing. this is the end of the game, money is now the objective. it’s proven to be right as the game has gone backwards since it happened. the balance changes have become very poor, lack of content and lack of communication from the devs. more teams have been added so that only means less emphasis on the game once more. gg

balancing
nothing but downhill from here countless mistakes and failed reworks make it the standout reason why people are leaving. the mercy rework was the single biggest mistake they’ve made as it’s caused nothing but chaos ever since the day it happened. hanzo rework has barely been addressed as he’s still outright the best damage dealer by a mile and let’s be fair he’s not super hard to pick up anymore. symmetra rework has largely been backwards and no doubt that the torbjorn rework will either be useless or he will be OP and not be addressed for 3 months.

Too much crowd control
being stunned, knocked about and flung up in the air constantly is hardly a fun experience especially when you’re playing a huge, fully armored German and you’re being knocked about by heroes a third of your size but of course that’s how it goes. then you have brigitte. takes CC to a whole new level! terribly designed with an overloaded kit and far too much dominance not to mention being the only hero in the game that can fulfill all 3 roles at once. been nothing but bad since she came into the game. for me has destroyed it.

endorsement system
Was sort of effective at first but it’s proven to do nothing really. just false commendation and absolutely pointless in many ways. toxicity went down but it’s come straight back up again so clearly the system has flaws.

lack of content
look at the last summer games we had. it was utterly dreadful! add a lucioball map and that’s it. no different brawl, no improvements even too lazy to change the menu screen. OWL really has sucked away your enthusiasm to change things.

competitive
a cesspit of hate and lack of effort. why do we still have placements??? they’re absolutely pointless. play 10 games where nobody give a damn just go get exactly the same rank as where you left off.

getting banned for off meta picks
it can be annoying but you bought the game to play what you want. why on earth should you be penalized for playing a hero you like? so what it’s off meta? just because i like torb doesn’t mean i should get the hammer for it. disgusting treatment of your players.

give us the good old days of season 3 and 4.

#putinmoreeffort
#rezoverwatch

69 Likes

The inconsistent capital letters here are really frustrating me.
Especially from someone complaining about a “laid back attitude”.

25 Likes

did you forget that this is a game with a lootbox system and seasonal events in which there are lootboxes you can only get in a certain timeframe

2 Likes

What are you saying, this is the best state that the game has ever been in from a balance perspective. Mercy is finally balanced, Brigitte is no longer a broken monster, Hanzo has been nerfed and is now balanced, there is no defined meta, and the only problem left are some weak heroes in need of a fix like Reaper or Bastion.

The philosphy “Balance > Fun” paid off, because even if Mercy is boring to play now, she is BALANCED. It would have been much worse, if she were still OP, but fun to play, as she would push so many non-Mercy mains out of the game (Mercy mains have yet to understand that their fun was ruining everyone else’s fun).

18 Likes

Overwatch League has nothing to do with it. They are 2 seperate teams apart from the designers as far as I am aware.

And money has always been the objective. That’s what a business aims for. Stop thinking you are the businesses’ top priority because you are not.

9 Likes

best state…

Laughable.

4 Likes

Do go on and tell me how the one year of Mercy as a must-pick character, Brigitte as absurdly OP who needed several nerfs, dive strategy in every game or god Ana with three unstoppable tanks, were so much better.

10 Likes

from what i last saw season 3 and 4 was the best time for the game.

3 Likes

The game is in a great state right now, People are leaving because its been 2 years. People will leave until only a small dedicated group still play it. Thats how games work.

10 Likes

I’ve played it since launch and i find it awful right now.

4 Likes

and yet lol and other games retain their audiences for much much longer :thinking:

mhm “working as intended”

8 Likes

Dont forget how the new forums are a lot more ignored by dev team than before…

Just go and look the Developers team forum profiles. They never read the forums.

17 Likes

Then leave. Dont enjoy it leave. Its not an impossible concept

You mean huge games. Like csgo and dota2? Games die no matter what. Theres been 8 cod’s and those games are huge. 2 years is decent when you factor in that games like starwars battlefront didnt last over a year and they were 100 dollars

2 Likes

Overwatch is a huge game :thinking: blizzard isn’t a indie company and this isn’t their first game.

(even though they act like it sometimes since this is their first shooter they’ve made.)

also starwars battlefront 1 and 2 were both rushed and botched by ea themselves.

overwatch is still in a savable state.

3 Likes

Possibly but i was explaining the decline in players. Which is true, that games will lose players over time, theyll also gain players over time but at a slower rate.

Ive played since open beta and i personally think this game is quite good right now. Its on track to being very memorable. But due to its nature of being more casual friendly I dont think itll ever hold names like csgo and dota will because those have such dedicated competitive roles.

Look no further than smash games. Each of them die after about 2 years except melee which has spawned multiple mods and remakes and is still used in competitions because of how competitive and skill based everything was

4 Likes

i agree the game was it its most balanced state in season 4.
nerfing ana and buffying mercy in season 5 was the downfall.

however the game is getting back to that state, sadly too late. the real issue is that people simply got bored thats all.

5 Likes

“The philosophy “Balance > Fun” paid off!”

Meanwhile, people are leaving this game in droves - including popular YouTubers and elite players, actually constructive, respectable, and helpful forumers are getting false flagged left and right, and the highly anticipated “huge summer games” event was Lucio ball - for the 3rd year. OWL is charging for emotes that should have been earned free in game, Pink Mercy T-shirts are STILL having shipment issues for the past 4 months, and years later, people’s feedback on fixing their heroes are still being actively ignored.

But yes, let’s keep on segregating the community by making generalizing statements against a particular group of the fanbase. It really unites us all as gamers by turning Overwatch’s general issue, into a Mercy main issue. I feel so united right now. I’m having a blast. Who needs fun in a video game, right? :blush:

“This was a huge success!”

/s

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

10 Likes

These things have nothing to do with balance.

Also, is that the kindness that I am meant to expect from Mercy mains? Because your tone is quite pretentious and condescending.

8 Likes

Just pointing out that this stage of the OWWC is the first tournament in the games history where every single hero was used multiple times…

1 Like

Pot, meet Kettle. You tell me. Be kind to someone, and expect to be treated kindly in return, disrespect someone, and expect someone to disrespect you in return. It’s not a one way street. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

5 Likes