Question for the Mercy mains

And thats equally worse, ressurecting an ally every 30s, thats a powerful ability, every other support abilities either buffs themselves or debuffs enemies, but Mercy literally can bring a fallen ally back, every 30s. Whats worse is that its handed to her, not earned.

Honestly, when you bring up them panicking, it makes sense. They thought they can come up with an ellaborate way to make Mercy better, it didnt. Since they, we all know this by now, are stubborn to admit mistakes, cant admit this is one pile of hot garbage and kept nerfing her to keep what they wanted.

But oh boy, it made things hella worse.

1 Like

I don’t think she should stay as is, but I don’t think Rez should be removed entirely either. Why can’t they rebuff Valk to allow 1 instant rez with another rez with it’s regular cast time and increase the healing by 5pts?

I’d replace her E with a skill that would resurrect an opponent instead that way you could keep the enemy team staggered by reviving them at a bad time and re-killing them.

new E.

singletarget rez with casttime is an overrated crap (really usefull rezes are rare).
i would take every other ability, except mccrees’ combat roll.

Any healer can undo a pick seconds in advance by healing.

Yes. Make Mercy 3.0 already. It’d be hard to mess up worse than 2.0

Blizzard: Hold my beer!

1 Like

I want Mercy to be fun, balanced, viable, and impactful. I’d rather remove rez entirely if it means getting her to that point. How she is now is not good. It would be nice for Jeff to comment on her current state. Even if he says “no mass rez” but included even vaguely staying he’s looking into her, I’d be happy. I’d like acknowledgement. (that doesn’t mean me specifically as I know I ain’t that special, but a general statement.)

Loophole: rez can still be on E but require valk or some other ult to work.

Which is honestly the better solution at this point. I’d hate to see rez go.

Just remove it. Blizzard has shown they don’t know how to balance rez. I give them the benefit of the doubt, it’s hard to balance rez in any scenario, but at least own up to it and not force it down our throats for a year and say “it’s balanced”.

another Rework.

5 characters

1 Like

I don’t like either of those options when I think about them.

I’d like them to give Mercy a proper rework and get rid of Valkyrie and Res on E.

Mercy needs an ultimate that gives the same feeling of risk/reward and impact that Mass Res gave. Something that lives up to “Heroes Never Die!” and the iconic imagery that Mass Res had.

Her E needs to give her some utility with out taking something away from the other characters.

Remove rez, blizzard is doing too many things in order to keep rez as an option but it is killing the hero, i’d rather have mercy be a main healer again rather than keeping rez.

Oorrrrrr, option Z:

I’m completely fine with how she is, with over 600 hours since beta.

Then if we’re being hypothetical… I would assume that Jeff then gave a hearty laugh, say he was only joking, and then said with confidence that Mass Rez is in fact being added back into the game, with LoS, damage reduction, and a tiny cast time as tweaks.

It would be a memorable day indeed, and thousands of people would cheer in the streets. Jeff would once again be recognized as the All-Knowing and All-Powerful, and everyone would live happily ever after. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

Rez on E was a mistake from the day one, better give her a new ability.

Remove Rez give her a powerful ultimate ability. Also an engaging E ability.

But they won’t remove Rez from Mercy since that’s what makes Mercy… Mercy.

Remove rez, its cumbersome and slow and not really for mid-fight unless the enemy team is distracted or stupid.

Side note: I have most hours on mercy and I do not want mass rez back. I think it’s a stupid ability that will continue to be hated because ‘All mY haRd wOrK oF prEsSinG Q HaS bEen eRasEd’. So I think they should jsut completely revamp her and give her a support ult that can contend with the other supports (i.e. don’t have to fly and watch all your team die below you).

Oddly, the Mercy mains I seem to see (and myself included) aren’t the ones clamoring for mass rez, but more for Mercy to have an impact and be fun to play with better healing and utility.

I feel like the mass rez / revert supporters are more in the comp camp who don’t want rez in the game or especially in pro or higher level play, where I guess maybe she wasn’t used a lot back then due to lower overall impact?

Mercy main, 220+ hours, and in all honesty, I would HATE if mass rez came back. I played her a lot back then and thought she was fine, but comparing her to now I see she is a lot better in her current state. I’d love to see her with a different E ability though and remove rez altogether, but it’d have to be a pretty strong E ability to replace rez.