Question for the Mercy mains

This.

Rez is broken. As long as she has rez she can’t be weaker in other areas.

Gimme something tangibly impactful that can level with skill like bio nade, or aura swaps, or orb management.

I don’t want mass res.

Instead I want Mercy (particularly Valkyrie) to be adjusted with a slightly wider skill gap.

holy necro batman!

Seriously… this thread is 2 months old.

I do not see, in my reading the forums, that those who are unhappy with Mercy in her current state all want the same thing - and as such, I do not agree with the premise of this thread

I even see some wanting mutually exclusive changes - with some wanting mutli-rez returned, and others wanting rez in any form removed from the character.

Another set of these players want her to be more “fun” or “engaging” regardless of power

Yet another set want more healing power, even after the recent buffs

Bottom line seems to be that while there are a large number of folks who want to see Mercy changed, there is (as I see it) no consensus among them

1 Like

Except you forget the skill check involved when tossing it and it’s only a confirmed kill on squishies which are the hardest to hit. So in order for a single Insta rez to be along the same lines it would have to have a skill check that makes it easier to rez squishies and harder to rez tanks.

Also There’s quite a bit of counterplay. Zarya bubble, dva matrix, repair pack, and reap and moira wraith.

Just playing devils advocate

Except I didn’t forget that in the slightest.

Let’s look at the two ultimates currently in the game that are mechanically identical but one deals damage and one does healing; Transcendence and Death Blossom. Both are quite powerful. Which is easier to use? Answer: Transcendence. Which of those two has better raw numbers? Answer: Transcendence. Why? Because a good Death Blossom or other offensive ult scoring multiple kills can win fights and points and sometimes even games all by themselves. Transcendence and healing only ever prevent losing a fight. Due to the nature of Overtime, you HAVE to win fights to win a game, so damage and killing is inherently more useful and powerful than healing and resurrecting.

For that reason, a single target Resurrect ultimate doesn’t NEED as much of a skill check or counter play as Pulse Bomb.

Keep rez.
Turning in a ultimate again, or buffing and make it better as an ability.
And give a true ultimate/E ability

If Jeff say it will never ever return, i’d rather delete ress, pump her heal and gives her a new E.

I really don’t care what they do. I’ve only ever liked her playstyle because of her mobility and I liked old rez (however I understand why it was removed and agree that a rework was needed). I hate every other support because of how easy they are to kill other than Lucio and Moira. Moira however I find to be pretty subpar out of goats due to her lack of utility and Lucio I just plain dislike. I would love it if they would replace rez with a better support ability that can be used semi-often, requires skill to use, and can open up good playmaking opportunity.