Public profiles in competitive please

All you are doing is protecting smurfs. You can have private profiles on arcade, QP and these forums all day but when it comes to comp we need to be able to see what we are dealing with.

Dead horse.

28 Likes

Nah, you don’t need to see jack. Outplay the enemy, don’t worry about anything else.

57 Likes

It also prevents people from attacking someone for playing a hero. Or makes it so the enemy can’t see who you play to counter you off the bat.

23 Likes

Muting them also does that and it’s available since day 1.

5 Likes

Yes but if you can prevent an attack to begin with it’s much better. When the whole team does it as well it’s disgusting. Hard to have a fun game when everyone is muted over a profile.

21 Likes

I support this. Nothing is more annoying than to try and check what ppl are good at to come up with a good comp and see closed profiles left and right.

If you are a half decent player and not throwing or hacking there is no argument to why you would hide your profile.

11 Likes

There is actually no argument, not a single one of why profiles should be open.

The player is comminicating? Ask what they play, build comp

The player is not communicating and instalocks? having an open profile wont make them switch

Player is a one trick and therefore does not switch? Seeing that they are a one trick on an open profile wont help.

At the end of the day, someone communicating and willing to switch will do it whether they have open profiles or not. Someone not communicating and not switching will continue to not communicate and not switch whether their profile is open or not.

41 Likes

Looking at a profile is much after than asking I have 30sec to make everyone pick a hero they play, which works at the map and builds a decent team. I only have to hover it and instantly see their top 5 heroes, regardless of them being in voice or not.

I see many ppl instalock and switch if asked nicely and you propose they only switch to another one of their mains to work with the team. I cant to do that when I dont know if the play anything else. If I have to ask or type I lose time and trigger them already by asking in a way suggesting their pick is bad…

There is no argument to have profiles hidden aside from ppl maybe calling you out for picking mccree when you have never playing him before and you really wanna play dive or something.

If I see a player 1tick widow in my game and not do well. I click their profile If I see the guy is a widow main on +50% winrate I will assume maybe we need to make space better and the problem might not be him. If its private profile I call them out for trash and probably a bronze moria main.

All you do with that private sh*t is protect trolls, throwers, boosters, cheaters, boosted ppl ect. Which is very easy to tell by their profile.

3 Likes

So you think that just asking to play a certain comp in vc or asking them what they want to play and then organizing a comp is slower than individually checking top 5 heroes of 5 different players and then assigning certain roles to them?

Again, why can’t you ask nicely to switch to others? You think you have to tell them specifically what heroes to switch to? They aren’t bots waiting for specific commands, we need hitscan or we need dive or we need shields or we need stronger heals isn’t that hard to grasp.

4 Likes

Either stop lying about your motives or think before you post.

The ONLY reason you want public profiles is so you can blame somebody/anybody for your failure to win.

Players like YOU are the reason profiles are now private by default.

14 Likes

Smurfs are very obvious for a couple reasons, private profiles are most definitely not protecting them, especially since smurfing isnt against the rules officially speaking

2 Likes

No thanks. I remember the days before Private Profiles. Dark times. Changing your main was a mortal sin. 1/10 would not recommend.

6 Likes

The reason profiles are private is cause of special snowflakes complaining about flame in a online video game.

Yeah i flame, yeah I get flamed and lemme tell you I like it! I like to click someones profile if I feel like they are throwing and call my 5 season junk onetrick out for suddenly playing widow only with 20% winrate…

I like to see if a player on my or enemy team is boosted so I can report. I like to quickly see what ppl play to make a good team comp and cooperate. Without having to tell a random to switch to a hero they most likely don’t play or want to play.

Now on the other hand if you are a ok player. Why keep profile private in comp??? I mean no one here can make an actual argument for it. Meanwhile I made 10 against it.

2 Likes

Cuz you just called them scummy. Like what better argument can I make than this post right here.

If he is willing to swap to zen whether you see his profile or not then why is there a need to see his profile? If I am that player and I am sick of zen and do not want to play zen then I will not swap to zen. You telling me you see I play him will not make me more inclined to pick zen. Same argument in reverse. If I am that player and I am willing to swap to help the team then I will swap to zen if you request another healer and it doesn’t matter if you see that I play zen or not. Do you really think somebody that isn’t willing to swap will say “Omg, the jig is up, they know my profile and activated the secret command, now I have to swap”. What is this logic

You think saying “hey can someone fill, we need another support” is more pushy then singling out that McCree player and telling him “Hey, I can see you play zen, swap to healer” ? Have you communicated with humans before? I take back what I said, it’s not logic the problem, it’s lack of knowledge on how people interact.

7 Likes

My rule is if someone isn’t pulling their weight and/or is responsible for a loss and they have a private profile, the ‘Gameplay Sabotage’ report option exists for a reason.

Just put in the field “Has private profile; not a team player”.

3 Likes

Never really understood this argument.

How is it protecting smurfs?

Feels pretty ridiculous if you ask me. Not like you’re supposed to be reporting people based on their stats to begin with.

1 Like

Playing poorly is not a reportable offense.

5 Likes

You speak the trough. I feel like everyone with private is either a thrower, hacker, boosted or something else bad we dont want in the game.

Cause lets be honest, if you aren’t. Why put it to private??

Seems like you’re advising people to both abuse the report system and also explicitly explain in the comments that they are abusing the report system.

I dig it. We need more false reporters banned and if they’re gonna tell on themselves then it’s even better.

4 Likes

you do realize that’s false reporting right? playing badly isn’t a reportable offence and neither is having your profile set to private

4 Likes